1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Interesting suicide statistic:

More males commit suicide than females. Could this possibly be due to the fact that men and women are equally emotion, but men are supposed to keep emotions bottled up inside according to society, while women are supposed to express them?

Me thinks so. Damn you society.

2. Nomad187

Its more that men use more sure fire ways of suicide like hanging or shooting themselves.

3. EM68

Yesterday I had my first physical therapy session. It hurt a little but over all I felt great. Today I am sore as heck. I hope I'm a lot better 3 weeks from now when I go on vacation.

4. Shevanel

Are you suggesting that men are smarter? xD

5. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Now loves Firefly. :slight_smile: Thankyou boyfriend for introducing it to me.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

Just saw NTL's production of Frankenstein for the second time (the two principal actors swap around each night!). It's very rare that something stirs up this amount of emotion from me, but it really really did. It was beautiful.

I want to hug the Creature so badly :frowning2: that play (and the book for that matter) makes your heart absolutely bleed for him.

7. RaRa

I forgot how much getting your eyebrows done can hurt. :lol:

8. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nothing like listening to dub-step to get me relaxed.:wink:

9. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

So, earlier (like..earlier this month) I posted about how my grandma had cancer, and that it's unlike she's going to live past 6 months.

Well, this is my sister's facebook update:
    Now all of a sudden no one in my family will talk to me. So I am freaking out, because no one is answering me! IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE DIED! D:

If something did happen to her, and I pray that nothing did, this will be the third time someone has died around my birthday.

10. TheRoof

What a great day I had today doing tons of shopping :grin:

11. My whole family life is about to get explosively complicated. It has nothing to do with me and I would prefer to leave, but no one is picking up their phone :/

12. MercuryLampe

I heard that the statistics show that men use absolute killing methods (shooting themselves, stabbing, etc.) while women stick with pills, because it leaves them room to back out of it if they are found in time.

I heard this a long time ago though, so I'm not sure where and who I heard it from >_<

Speaking of suicide: what's on my mind is someone who committed suicide in my area because he was bullied for being gay. A few of my friends knew him... It's so sad...

13. Actually I'm pretty sure the reason women use pills or slitting their wrists is because they worry about how their body will look after their gone (for their loved ones, presumably), whereas men don't usually worry as much about that. (Not to be super morbid, but I'm pretty sure I learned that in psych class)

And that IS sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a friend of a friend commit suicide. May have been because he was gay, but we don't know for sure.

14. MercuryLampe

Ohh, yes, you're probably right on that one. It sounds more accurate~

I'm so sorry to hear about that! Suicide is horrible... People don't know how much they are missed afterwards... It's so awful :'(

15. haelmarie

(*hug*)

16. Rikudo

Don't you hate it when somebody you like lies so now you're weary of this person and there constant deceiving. :/

17. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

It's been raining for so long I've forgotten what the sunshine feels like. :frowning2:

On a happier note, my nails look fabulous today. :grin:

18. He Is So Loved

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's really no better response to this than just "stuff".

19. Artemicion

itchy eyes, runny nose, a little bit itchy throat...flower pollen season now eh?

20. AtmaWeapon

Just have to say yes and yes.

Someone I liked a lot (and am moving past) is one who I get strong deceptive vibes from. Makes it easier to accept those flaws and move on, though. Don't have definite proof, but I'm not stupid. Some things are just blatant. Like her but can't trust her and dishonesty is a real turn off/kills what feelings I had in that sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.