1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glenn Beck: Gay Marriage NOT Threat To America

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/glenn-beck-gay-marriage-n_n_679691.html

2. haelmarie

He's still obnoxious.

3. Just Adam

Not only what he said is hard to read and make out but he doesn't understand what marriage is

Loser

4. Charme

Charme Guest

pick my pocket comes before breaks my leg. /quotefail

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I don't see how it's a religious right.

6. Alex19

finally a republican has a decent opinion on gay marriage

7. xCrazyInsanity

Agreed on this. Suprised it's glenn beck but maybe people will get the idea "if he's ok with it why can't i be?"

8. Charme

Charme Guest

He's still a Republican. You can't expect him to get his rights right.

9. DustinD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Let's just hope his "sheep" follow his thoughts on this...

10. Emberstone

Gay marriage was never a threat to america... but Glenn Beck still is. This is a man who says 'fuck off' to the founding fathers every time he gets infront of a camera. he says 'fuck you' to american history in the same why, by always throwing out historical fact, and the historical fact of what the founding fathers stood for, and turns around and creates a fake, fantasy history to fapp off conservative far right wingers who want to turn america into facist italy.

the truth hurts.

his opinion is invalidated by his inability to support it with reality and fact, instead choosing to support it is lies upon lies meant to destory freedom and political discourse.

... sorry, I just cant stand anything he says or does.

Maybe he realizes that his hatred of gays is a losing battle... maybe he was tittilated by the penis shaped graph released recenting showing more people in america support gay rights than oppose.

11. Beachboi92

I knew it he is going for the reverse psychology bit, people know hes a crazy facist so he figures they may try to do the opposite as what he sais D:

no but seriously i think this is great :grin: i hold a similiar opinion that there are a lot of other real important political issues that need to be handled and that Gay marriage and rights SHOULD be a non-issue where government should allow it without all this debate because it is essentially "i don't like it so lets come up with random non-factual reasons to stop it and control how other people live their lives". If more republicans take the opinion of it as a non-issue then we are at least getting the "Let them live their lives and we tolerate it" face, which is better than what we normally get from the conservative right. And while i am like many in i don't want to be tolerated i want to be accepted, i do believe that tolerance is one step closer to acceptance and better than discrimination, hate, and all things associated with them.

12. starfish

Given the context I believe the intended term was "religious rite". I have not seen the original interview so I can't say if it was a transcription error or a malapropism on Glenn Beck's part.

13. Sylver

This guy is batshit crazy.. he scribbles on a chalkboard for a living.. So I don't take any comfort in what he thinks about gay marriage. With friends like him we wouldn't need any enemies.. :dry:

14. Emberstone

that is a insult to batshit... which is far more enlightened and intelligent than this dipwad.

15. Danielle

Danielle Guest

This

16. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: