1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Burning Star IV, Aug 3, 2010.

?

Attractive?

1. Yes :)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Nawh.

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Borderline.

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. He looks like an ugly 10-year-old girl.

23 vote(s)
    53.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Exactly.

His recent performances have been made to sound good. But when he's authentically live it sounds like nails on a chalk board.

Maybe when he's 24 and not in puberty he'll actually sound decent on his own. But not now.

2. St. Jimmy

First of all, I don't even like his music. But he IS a good singer. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't.

We're both aware of that. He didn't use any voice-changing system when he was on youtube and he doesn't use it during acoustic performances. You seem to be forgetting that.

So basically you just don't like his voice, yet you're presenting that OPINION as a fact. I don't like one of the singers from Blink. Does that make a difference at all? Does that mean he's not good? NO.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Ashley Simpson.
    Katy Perry.
    Britney Spears.

Those are just a few. All sound like dying cats when they sing live. All were very popular at some point or still are. Face it, the music industry doesn't care if you can't sing. They care if they can easily make money off you though by marketing you as a whore (or sex-craved teenage boy that resembles a lesbian [joke]) and giving you a fake/edited voice to make you sound good.

4. St. Jimmy

I give up. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. I already said he performs unedited acoustics live AND he was good enough for the general public to give him millions of views a few years ago on youtube. When he was again unedited.

Taking that into consideration, your last post makes no sense.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

*Waits for thread to be closed*

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Steven, Katy Perry is actually quite good. That girl has talent. I agree on the other two though lol. And whatever Jimmy, I say it again, you're 16, you don't know what talent is yet, and unless you've taken actual music classes it's kind of hard for you to define what music is.

7. St. Jimmy

What a pretentious load of crap. I know EXACTLY what talent is. I have been told many times I have it myself.

My age has nothing to do with it. Are you really that shallow?

Edit: And apparently the rest of the world agreed with my definition of talent too.

#47 St. Jimmy, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  8. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCm8tdHkfI[/YOUTUBE]

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sigh I give up. It's clear you don't know what talent is. And good for you having talent, you're probably a hundred times better than Bieber...frankly I think anyone is.

10. St. Jimmy

You just told me you think anyone can get famous by singing on youtube. I hope you're joking.

I started playing drums 11 months ago and started listening to Green Day at the same time. Six months later I could play everything Green Day. Are you going to try to tell me I don't know what talent is again?

Saying Justin Bieber has no talent is like saying the ocean isn't blue. There are just SO many reasons your opinion is ignorant at best. But I don't really care, I'm done trying to convince you. I get the feeling you're the type who wouldn't give him credit if he discovered the cure for cancer.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he discovered the cure for cancer I would give him credit, because that would save lives....all he's done so far is caused girls and boys to cry and such.

12. ANightDude

It's not like any other singer has done anything that great. Why should Bieber have the pressure to have to do something great when other singers don't?

13. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Hey, Lady Gaga teaches equality and self acceptance. She also organizes gay pride (among other) events, attends them, performs at them, speaks at them, and donate loads of money.

SO LADY GAGA IS THE ONLY EXCEPT TO WHAT YOU JUST SAID THAT I KNOW OF.

Note the word, "ONLY"

14. ANightDude

This is my issue, you seem to think any artist that doesn't seem to relate to Lady GaGa at all is a bad artist. She is a FANTASTIC artist and one of the best songwriters and entertainers in Music, there isn't any doubt about that.

She teaches acceptance among all people and is anti hate. In that case, why do you hate Justin Bieber? What has he done to you, personally?

BTW, Justin tweeted this:

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

[​IMG]

Jesus Christ, people! This thread started as a discussion of whether Justin Bieber is attractive, and only a day later has degraded to personal insults between members. This is exactly the kind of thing Maddy was warning against. This is why we can never have nice discussions.

And don't respond to this post by saying, "But he's totally wrong for X, Y, and Z reasons and you shouldn't blame me for this!" That's beside the point. Trolls need people to bite their troll bait before a flame war can start, so even if you are right, you're just as guilty as the person who is wrong.

Yeah, no kidding.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -_- I never insulted them. I said they just don't understand true talent. Cyndi Lauper, Duke Ellington, people like that are true talents. Justin's just another creation of the media empire of the 2000s...and they don't have much basis anymore. There are a COUPLE artists these days, but others just no.

Anyway...someone close this thread already...

17. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

What? Where do you get that at? Lady Gaga isn't even my favorite artist, I just like her more than most. :|

Because I don't like Justin Beiber that doesn't mean I think every artist that isn't Lady Gaga sucks. Now you're just talking absolute nonsense. And I don't hate him as a person. I hate him as a musician. There's a difference.

Anyway..

NO HE ISN'T :grin:

18. ANightDude

I'm just gonna say, that is technically an opinion. But that's okay. :slight_smile:

BACK ON SUBJECT.
    Do I think he's attractive? A little. Give it a few years and he's either gonna pull a Culkin or just be pretty good looking. :slight_smile:

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given the unpleasant direction this thread has taken despite a reminder, it is now closed, with a second warning that baiting, provoking and insulting other members is absolutely not acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.