1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inception

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by factwithinfiction, Jul 14, 2010.

1. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I saw this movie with my mom today and I thought it was fantastic the plot was amazing the actors were great and the special effects were seriously like nothing I've ever seen the ending seriously gave me a mind f*ck in a good way though. I was really surprised how good of a job ellen page did in it because I've only seen her in JUNO and x-men I never got a chance to see her in hard candy but when I saw her in this movei she was great especially with leonardo they did great in it together this movie needs to get a freaking award for how great it is that director is a genius for making this movie I want to meet him so I can give him a kiss on the head for making such a masterpiece of a movie he is just awesome for it.

2. TriBi

Someone said something about "convoluted and hard to follow" - must admit that what I have heard about it also gives me this impression. I also really have never liked DiCaprio much as an actor so wasn't much into the idea of seeing it. But - I'm getting dragged along to it by a friend tonight - so we shall see.

Might be all good. :wink: F'rinstance, people were talking about Dark Knight - and I never liked Heath Ledger much before I saw that. Oh - and it wasn't a Batman movie - it was a Riddler movie :grin: - Ledger totally stole it - he was just utterly brilliant! Also Bale is another actor I really don't think too much of, especially as Batman, he is far too weak for that character.

3. Shevanel

Joker* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this film about a week ago, and I thought it was a really interesting idea. Hard to follow? A little, but I understood it for the most part and was really intrigued by the ending.

5. theJosephDean

I saw it last night and.... wow. It wasn't really that confusing, I don't think. At least, I kept up with everything until the ending >__> Not going to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but to those who have seen it, let's just say I inadvertently screamed for something to just happen already :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, it was an amazing movie. They didn't waste time with pointless exposition, and they kept up with the organisation of time and simultaneous actions very well. Easily the best movie I've seen in the cinema this year.

6. littledinosaurs

Guys...i don't even know if anything is real any more.
    Such a good movie. :slight_smile:

7. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMFG! I watched it last night. It was so damn amazing! I cried. I literally cried at the ending! I screamed then cried.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I love when a movie catches the audience so much that the whole theater is reacting with the movie. The ending made everyone groan and stuff. Freaking amazing movie haha

9. RainbowJay

Yeah, at the end everybody clapped, even though the movie's been out for a while o.o
    Spoiler: Also, at the scene where Mal comes out unexpectedly and shoots Fischer, a few people in the theatre slipped a swear or two.

I'm seeing it again either this Friday or Saturday along with Salt and I'm so excited for it (again). :3

10. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

This movie was AMAZING. I saw it in Imax... basically, the best $17 I ever spent on a movie.

I'm going again. I have to see this at least one more time while it's still in the theatre. :slight_smile:

11. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. zoeee

yes i want to see it but only cos of ellen page <3 <3 <3
    can't wait!

13. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

She actually does a pretty good job in that movie. I was like, "Oh, jeez. This better not get all indie-movie flavor into my badass mind-bending thriller movie" but she totally fit the part. I would totally switch teams for her. :3

14. TriBi

Oops - I did say Riddler too - what was I thinking? :eek:

Anyway - I actually enjoyed Inception. Wasn't as hard to follow as I thought it might be. Intriguing plot, good visuals, action sequences were pretty much over the top - but I suppose that is expected these days.

15. partietraumatic

everyone who loved this movie should go and investigate Christopher Nolan's previous work. Whilst i LOVED inception, really really loved it, his previous films are even better.

I urge everyone to try and see
    The Prestige
    Insomnia (just for Robin Williams as the bad guy, if nothing else!)

and most of all, if you liked the intrigue and cleverness of Inception, go and watch Memento. It makes inception's story line seem increadibly simple :slight_smile:

16. Shevanel

I always thought it was really silly when people would say things like "Christopher Nolan is a God" and the only movie they saw from him was Dark Knight. >_>

I actually really like his work, although I think The Dark Knight is overhyped to shit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I still need to see Insomnia though. I absolutely love Memento though. The Prestige is great too. As well as Batman Begins :slight_smile:

17. RainbowJay

Wow, and here I thought that both Inception and Memento have complex story lines. If anything, Inception and Memento make The Dark Knight's storyline seem simple :/

Also, Memento's ending is not ambiguous like Inception's ending.

The Prestige was great though, but it's a bit unfortunate that both The Prestige and The Illusionist came out at the same time with a similar theme (magicians). So I was often confused between the two.

18. partietraumatic

i agree, though i think the dark Knight is a great film, it's not as good as some of his earlier work, which didn't get him the fame the films deserved. Thankfully he is getting that now.

You do need to see Insomnia, its great. Pacino and Williams are amazing in it :slight_smile:

I always say Memento is one of my favourite ever films just coz it had such an effect on me when i saw it, but i guess it was almost too complicated to be really popular. Also, im a sucker for a good twist, so Memento got me there, when you realise what actually happened you're just like 'wow'. Or i was at least :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I simply can't wait for him to do something else.

Also, anyone who has seen both films, is it just me, or do Memento and Shutter Island have VERY similar plot twists at the end of them?!

19. Shevanel

Somewhat, but so do other films as well. Shutter Island's story (as a book) is much more in depth than shown in the movie, so it has got its own "originality".

If you really like Memento, you should see the movie Irreversible. It has a similar concept in the way that that the story is told in reverse chronological order, and it's just really crazy. They're both amazing films.

20. partietraumatic

oh don't get me wrong, i wasn't criticising it for it. Its just when i saw shutter island and it was all being explained at the end, i had a feeling of 'wait this is familiar' and couldnt work it out for ages!

I just IMDB'd Irreversible, it sounds right up my street, thanks for that, im definitely gonna try and watch it!