1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Jul 14, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

Im writing a short thread about something thats bothering me. Iam not out yet but that will be different in the future. Right now Iam working to save up some money and im thinking of going back to school soon. my gaols are just an idea, a thought but they are set. if Iam to have a job in the near future that reqires alot of hours and thouhgt; I was wondering how can I help out with anything that has to do with gay rights. I think that topic is Important to me but I have so many things to do to get my life together.and I dont think gay rights would be my main concern. I am not trying to sound like a jerk. How can I contribute help If Iam a busy man. But I rather have fun or go relax in my spare time. I know this might sound bad but the least thing Im concerned about in the future is wether or not people know Im gay or if they even care. But im not going to hide.Im gay, ok lets get over it and get to work. the only thing that concerns me is that I hope it will not affect the people I work with. Well I guess I would just have to leave it alone.? any comments are welcomed:icon_bigg

2. BrettV

maybe you can donate some time to a local lgbt organization? Even 1 day a month could be helpful. If there are none, perhaps just try to be a positive gay role model in your community? Help others going through the same situation ...

Dunno. Life always has a way of making time for the important things. Nice that you want to help.

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

thank you ill gladly take that advice:slight_smile:

4. george678

Join your LGBT club donate money, go to prides, become a Councillor?