1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny responses you got when you came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by paco, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I came out to one of my closest cousin he was very happy. He slapped my back so hard and said "we should hang out more!". I have a small frame body! It hurt!!

he's been talking about his crushes eversince...

2. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    weirdest response ive gotten so far is:
    Friend: i like lucina (character from fire emblem) shes hot
    Me: well actually, im gay
    friend: *laughs* very funny!
    Me: no really
    Friend:..... really?
    Me:really
    friend:.....really?
    Me: YES really
    friend: sure your not joking?
    Me: do i really joke that much? YES really!
    friend: oh...thats cool

then he gave me "permission" to like the male smash bros characters like he does to the female ones...great i have "permission" to be gay now

3. PhoenixOfAshes

I was coming out to a class mate (I barely knew him, but at this point it was just instinct to correct people if they said "boyfriend" or "husband") almost a year ago, he asked if I had a boyfriend and I said "actually I have a girlfriend" and he took a really deep breath in and then shouted at the top of his lungs "Oh My God Really! That's So Cool!" He rocked so far back on his chair he would have fallen over if he hadn't been so close to the wall:roflmao: we've been best friends ever since :grin:

4. PhoenixOfAshes

Got a nice one today Haha!
    I came out to my friend as a transgender male, and at first he was really quiet, then he thanked me for telling him and for trusting him, and then this is how the rest of the conversation went:

Him: You know... that door thingy I do for guys.
    Me: What?
    Him: That car door thingy... When I open the car door for other people and close it for them too. I do it for guys as well as girls.
    Me: Oh... thanks, B!
    Him: *Takes a long pause and says absentmindedly* Except for my grandmother... I hate opening the door for my grandmother.

XD I thought that was funny. It's funnier when you know him, but I thought it was adorable how he just choose to explain the car door thing, of all the things he could have said, he specified opening a car door for someone. (*hug*)

5. Ichor

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few funny ones from coming out as trans over the past year.

Random person at my school's GSA: *Claps* "What? People clapped when I came out. He should get a round of applause too."

Same random person: "Well I forgot the name you introduced yourself with earlier, so this is perfect!"

My best friend was texting her boyfriend about me. His response. "So *birth name* is *My name* now? Cool. Finally a guy to hang out with." He later texted me "Took you long enough"

Drinking with two friends, L I am out to and C I am not. L is wasted and accidentally slips up with pronouns and names.
    C: L, you're a real bitch, you know that? Just because *my birth name* got a haircut and has a small chest doesn't mean you can call her a boy!
    Me: Actually I am a boy.
    C: *My name*, you're a real dick, you know that? Why didn't you tell me sooner?

And this is how I came out to my best friend.
    (In full male clothing, binding, packing and all, checking myself out to see how I look. She walks in right then, looks at how I'm dressed, laughs, and says that my bulge was unnaturally large.)

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out at a GSA meeting everyone in the room clapped for me. ^.^ It was awesome, haha.

7. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to my mom and she just stared at me for a good 10 seconds and then burst out laughing. I asked what was so funny and she said she had known for about 1.5 years. (!)

8. AnonConfusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my best friend by inviting her to a Pride Day at an amusement park near where we live and she said yeah but I don't have the money so I offered to pay for her. So she said you're gonna go? so I said yeah because I'm pretty sure I'm gay and all she said was "Welcome to the Queer Crew, we're happy to have you". Best reaction ever.

9. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know me (sadley no one on here knows yet), you may know I have a way with words. That was a joke. For the past 6 months, I've had more brainfarts, more Freudian slips, and weird speech mistakes, exclusively around my family at my dads house. Here is what happens at my first coming out: It is dark. I'm in my bed, and so is my brother. I go "you know, that.. thing, we talked about earlier?" Basically it took him a lot of tries before he found our previous subject. "Transgenders?" I go,"YEAH! There you go!" I was so tired XD, we crack up for about 30 seconds before telling him, still a smile on my face. LUCKILY, with everyone I've come out to after, has actually had it brought up with me actually knowing how to bring it up.

10. twohawks

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Me: I had this incredible spiritual experience while hiking up a mountain with this older woman. I relized I've been hiding this for a while, I like girls, man.
    My gay male friend: you had a spiritual experience while hiking with a woman. That was like the gayest statement ever. I love you!

11. BiKate

After building myself up to finally tell my friend that I figured out I'm bi, so she can send any hot lesbian friends my way, and then instantly regretting it (I sent it over facebook), all she replied with was "Good." and then we just kept talking about the previous subject like nothing had happened. I just thought it was kind of funny, I expected more of a reply but all she said was good.

12. Rainbow Girl

I came out to a friend at summer camp once and she said, "Cool, so you're kind of like Ellen DeGeneres?" I told her that was such a huge compliment.

13. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My baby brother and I were on public transport with my dad since his car was away being fixed, upon being told I was gay my baby brother goes: "Dad! Shug fancies boys!" I just sat there on the bus, completely mortified ahah!

14. ApexxShadow

I face timed my friend and this is what happened:

Me: I'm gay

Friend: Oh I know

Me: did I make it that obvious?

Friend: yes, yes you did

15. Fall Out Girl

I've only come out to two people. Both my very best friends.
    One of them was my roomate and I was like:
    Me: Look.. I'm pansexual
    Her: *litteraly pulls out the ace of hearts from pocket* Well.. I'm ace.. What now?

My other friend:
    Me: Hey!... I'm pansexual
    Her: Hello Pansexual. I am straight. How're you?

They were both very accepting and I pretty much died laughing those nights ^~^

16. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We like Ike!

17. Q234515

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is the conversation I had when I told my friend I was bi

Friend: Hey
    Me: Hi
    Friend: Yo
    Me: Can I tell you something?
    Friend: Of course
    Me: I’m bi
    Friend: High-five girl! Well, I’m a panromantic bisexual, but still
    Me: Ummm...Thanks! You’re kinda the first person I’ve told
    Friend: Really?? I’m so honored! It’s okay though, just FYI, out of our friend group only one is 100% straight and not asexual
    Me: You know, that actually makes sense

18. FlashLotus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I tried coming out to my best friend via text that I am gender fluid and she completely ignored it. :bang:So two weeks later I asked do you know what gender fluid is and she replied no why? So I just sent a screen shot of a definition and came out to her again. :lol:

19. ConfusedPoet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me: "OhalsosurpriseI'mbi"
    Friend: "I'm sorry what did you just say?"
    Me: "...I'm bi"
    Friend: "Emma what the hell?! Why didn't you tell me earlier I called you one of my favourite heterosexuals on snapchat earlier now I look like a liar!"

20. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have now officially come out to someone who doesn't just say "ok" and carry on but actually asks "how do you know?"
    I feel like I've accomplished something :grin:

I mean the situation was like...
    Friend: It's so good we have gender neutral pronouns in Finnish because non-neutral ones are so confusing!
    Me: Actually I wish we didn't have neutral ones...
    Friend: Wtf why? It's easier that way!
    Me: No but like... If we didn't, I would be asking people to call me a he.
    Friend: Whaaat?
    Me: Yea that just suits me better. I am still a girl and all but in English and other languages I prefer male pronouns...
    Friend: How do you know?

Mmhmmm!! I then went on explaining to her the long road to understanding I am not just another straight cis-gendered person like literally everyone she knows! She's super accepting though and doesn't give a tiny rat's ass.

I have amazing friends... I have come out to three of my friends as genderfluid and they all just accepted it right away. One of them actually said "I wish people knew more about that so this could be easier for you" she is AMAZING.