Funny responses you got when you came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by paco, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love this thread. It cracks me up! XD

2. Cymbrii

This might be a good one XD First person I came out to, online friend.

Lessee... I think I was really wanting to come out to him, but I was nervous to do it. Then at one point he asked me whether I like tits or ass better. I went quiet. x3 Then at some point he started talking again and said "[...] unless you're gay". So I thought he already suspected, since honestly it was pretty obvious, and was giving me an opening, so I told him. Turned out he actually had no idea XD And I got probably the best reaction possible. Not only did he not mind, he actually liked it and started talking about how there were advantages to having a gay friend and started asking me to rate his looks lmao. He also agreed with me that it was really obvious in retrospect x3

Then when he finally went to bed:

him: "Good night, have sweet dreams about Nick Carter or whoever you gay people dream about!"
    me: "who the hell is nick carter :confused:"

Oh and he revised his question to whether I like ass or pecs better. x3

#542 Cymbrii, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Who is Nick Carter? *blank look*

Haha. He's awesome.

4. kunglaomksm

Googling now... He's cute... And I'm curious as to why all the familiar hot guys he suggested a cute guy that nobody knows... Maybe he's having dreams of Nick Carter.. lol

5. reallyrandomguy

I had a semi-"coming out" experience the other day. We had some free time in choir, and I had just come out to two of my friends, and I showed a girl I was already out to their responses. She didn't realize that one of the guys I came out to was gay, and so she said (quite loudly) "You're so lucky! All the cute ones are gay!"
    I have no idea who heard that, but there were a few people close by when she said that who knew she was talking to me. Didn't faze a single one of 'em.

That is just epic.

6. Valeyard

I never came out to everyone at once, and this was one of the newer ones:

Two friends and I were walking, and I mentioned I liked a mutual friend.
    One: "Awwww, That's cute"
    Two: "Wait...are you saying that you're gay?"
    One: "Yeah, He came out months ago. You didn't know that?"

7. Snowflake

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The hands down best and funniest response I got was when I came out to my father. His response was simply "Duh!". Completely defused the situation. Turns out he suspected by the time I was 14, and knew by the time I was 19. And in his own words: "And then you got engaged to that jerk, and I was just simply soooo confused!" (Being raised as a good Mormon girl I went through the entire "if I marry the first guy that comes around, pray harder, devote myself to the church, my husband, my kids, etc., read my scriptures, and lose myself in the work, the gay will go away" thing.)
    My dad says that his only regret is that he never talked to me about it when I was younger. I doubt I would've listened, but the sentiment is beyond sweet.

8. Cymbrii

I just looked in the logs for that last conversation I posted about... one more quote XD

"I'm comfortable with you being gay or straight, of course unless you start trying to send me pics of you on a tigerskin thong..."

9. Tracker57

I was older when I came out. My best friend and I were sitting on a sailboat deck just talking. The conversation turned to the guys in the office (we worked at the same place then) who were gay. I told him, "I'm so gay it hurts." He looked at me and said, "well that explains a lot." And he proceeded to ask me who I thought was hot around the office and whose butt I'd like to grab. It was quite funny.

10. BudderMC

I texted a friend saying thanks after I came out to him earlier that day in person. He replied with "No worries man, anytime... I mean anytime if it's even possible to come out again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But actually, no worries :slight_smile:"

I found it rather funny. But it's probably one of those "you'd have to know him to appreciate it" kinda things. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. mike90

Some of these really make me giggle. Nice to know that there are still a lot of people who can find humour in the coming out situation as well (even if accidentally) xx

12. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha. My boyfriend (who cross dresses but is straight) and I were talking about me being pan. He then asked if that meant I'd stay with him if he turned into a girl. I cracked up laughing.

AliceQuinn likes this.
  13. pace e amore

Me: Mom, I'm bi.
    Mom: What?
    Me: Bisexual, it means i like both guys and girls.
    Mom: I'm still gonna get grandchildren, right?

14. Valeyard

This wasn't one of mine, but I was watching:

Friend: *steps into the circle to throw a discus*
    Coach: "...And you bring up left arm and hold it behind you, as if you were to elbow the face of a guy who wanted to touch you in a bad place"
    Friend: "That depends on the guy"
    Coach: "Um.. what?"

I guess it was one of those "you had to be there moments", but the look on the coach's face was hilarious.

#554 Valeyard, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  15. HantsBen

LOL I would have collapsed with laughter! I almost did just reading that I can picture it now!

16. Seraph

To a bestfriend (girl) - at school lunch table
    Me: Hey before you move away, i wanna tell you this... And don't tell anyone
    *Pull out a sticky note - wrote "Im G" and show her*
    Her: wut?
    Me: *whisper* Im ga.. gay...
    Her: *Burst out laughing* Hahaha, Dude, thats awesome, but you don't look like gay at all; oh btw, Im a Bi too xDD (she was like on high) *points at the ring on her finger* See i married my step sis 2 days ago...bla,bla, *and she kept go on and on.. OUTLOUD*
    Me: *facepalm* well im more like a bi-romantic, and that was suppose to be a secret ...
    Hopes no one heard it ..

17. Ichi42go

I had just met a girl through a friend, and was walking around campus with her. She was really nice, so, I kept up conversation with her. I thought I was walking her back to her dorm, but we kept going in circles. Eventually, we got here:

HER: So, do you have a girlfriend back home?
    ME: No, and I'm not really looking either.
    HER: Really? Why not?
    ME: I'm about as straight as a circle.
    HER: *Jumps over and hugs me* OH MY GOD! NOW I FEEL SAFE ENOUGH TO SHOW YOU WHERE MY DORM REALLY IS!!!

-.- It was only about half a mile from where we were going in circles...

18. Tracker57

The first friend I came out to was an old buddy of mine. We were both drinking a little too much that night and he said, "Well, that explains a lot." And I never got around to asking him what that meant. And now, I feel funny about asking him.

19. mike90

oh my... I fell off my chair reading that xx

20. paper person

I came out to my friend after i drove him home with my other best friend who i was already out to in the back seat. For some reason we decided we had to tell him asap, which i was for some reason OK with. So I tell Him in a joking way and he dosnt take it serious at first but then hes all excepting and then the conversation goes like this.

Me: Im sorry.
    Friend 1: Dont be, and congratulations. I know that takes some serious balls, like Huge! Which i guess, what your going for is a pretty good thing
    Friend 2 : LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Me: Im going to fucking kill you!