1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Pope protesters urged to show tolerance.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Davy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm suddenly reminded of one of my favorite ever Margaret Cho quotes:

"The Pope talks so much shit. The Pope was castigating the media for making gays look normal. YEAH, you're a real GOOD judge of normal, with your gold dress and your matching gold hat, living it up in the Vatican with 500 men surrounded by the finest antiques in the world! Queen, please! You live like Versace did!"

2. Elven

Grumble :dry: Can someone please explain to me the advantages of having him in our Country because from my point of view the bad reprocussions far out-way the good :dry:
    Is there even a positive purpose to his visit?......

That would be messy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Connor22

ok some people on here have some serious pope related issues...

how about we all just calm down and relax, he's coming and theres very little we can do about it except perhaps write a strongly worded letter to the archbishop of Canterbury, which I doubt he would read and even if he did, I doubt he would pay attention. As for the money issues, don't you think there will be ways to recover it? where theres a will theres a way and I doubt anyone spending £12 mill won't do anything to at least get SOME back

4. thevre

dude that's exactly what I thought... I don't think "tolerance" was the best choice of word for him...

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    People have a right to protest, especially for their own civil rights.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

There's always a way to recover money, doesn't mean it's okay to spend it.

Also, nothing like this should be payed by tax payers.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are naturally going to be extremely angry at him, since after all he's done some and said some rather morally divisive and questionable things... It's difficult for people to 'calm down and relax' about this the pope, especially when one perceives him as the main driving force behind a modern wave of persecution (not to mention a criminal).

8. paul 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

right so firstly on that last bit, yep we can ignore his despicable comments, but you fail to take into account the influence this man has on millions of poor and uneducated people around the world whom he has so much influence on.

the fact that the government is spending 12 million pounds brining this man to the uk, that man who preaches hate and spreads the absolute disgusting lie that condoms help spread aids and has undeniably covered up the rape and abuse of children around the world, well if you fail to see whats wrong with that...

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Wasn't there some sort of survey in Africa that when the pope stupidly said to stop using condoms for they are a sin, there was a large spike in new HIV cases?

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has been more than just a case of proclaiming "stop using condoms for they are a sin". Catholic clergy members in africa have actually maintained that condoms INCREASE the chances of AIDS being transmitted... nonsensically enough, even if neither sex partner is currently infected.