1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Falling Apart?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Notreallysure, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Notreallysure

It seems lately that my life is in ruins. My after graduation plans have not worked out. At all. I applied to law schools and did not get in anywhere. My backup schools even fell through. My family life seems to be suffering. Everything seems like it is going down hill. My mom changed jobs, she's getting a divorce (her third) and is starting a new job. Financially, we are going to be tight. I'm having to move back home until I figure out what I'm going to do with my life school-wise. I'll have to get a job that I am going to hate because it is not going to be doing anything that I have studied for the past 4 years.

Coupled on top of this is the burden of deciding whether to come out or not. I know if I come out then there is the relief of that stress and burden that I have been carrying along with me alone. It's scary though. Obviously. I was wondering if any of you had similar situations. Did it seem like everything was going wrong in your life around the time you were needing to come out? If so, and if you did indeed decide to come out, did things seem to get better?

To be honest, lately, I have been dreaming of getting out of dodge. I want to escape life here. I want to move to the city, become who I'm supposed to be and never look back. I want to leave the troubles and stress and expectations here. I know I can't leave the troubles forever, but it'd be nice to get far away from them. This last paragraph is just a random thought.

2. coolguy144

Coming out can be a pretty good experience for some, but pretty bad for others. I totally know how you feel about big city dreaming. Just have a little bit of faith in yourself and that can be the difference. I hope things get better because you seem like a great guy =]

3. dude99

dude99 Guest

I feel your pain. Anyway if you are comming out, do it first to the ones you believe are the most accepting of it first. It will give you more confidence to come out to more people after that.

4. TroubledRyan

ya,dude99 is right.

and my situation isn't the same, but before I came out I was pretty depressed,and that took away my optimisticism-and thats how I naturally I'm.After that started going away...well the little things became big things in my head, and that can possible be somthing to consider for you...so it really is a stress load of of you. but again I don't like keeping secrets like that...so again, my situation might not be the same.

But like coolguy said,it can be good or bad, depends on who you trust