1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do YOU Deal with Depression?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RAJ Aladdin, Jun 21, 2010.

1. AlyssWonderland

What I used to do is definately not the best way of dealing with problems. So never cut yourself in your life. The scars stay there and you'll regret it.
    Now, however, when I'm depressed I get my emotions out talking to my friends, and if I can't get to them soon enough I express myself creatively. Writing music, poetry, drawing, painting, everything. It helps so much more than I ever thought it could. Writing down what youre feeling in a journal or something has helped me too.

2. booby

no anti-depressants/therapists .. ''those are for crazy people'' (pfft .. its sad .. how narrow-minded the ppl i live around are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

i just let is stay for a day (max.) then i listen to GaGa music or surround myself with family and let them talk about funny stories (did i mention the nearly fatal amount of chocolate i injest during the depression period .. triple the daily dose >.<)

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    She is the solution to every problem. Ever.

4. if i had a dime

I cry a lot.
    then i write out how im feeling.
    then i listen to pblue october and jamestown story.

5. kettleoffish

The most effective thing I've found is writing down how I feel and what I feel like's caused it.

6. booby

in your brown eyes :frowning2: ..

7. Makaio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Working out helps me the most. Other than that: freewriting about my emotions to be read then promptly deleted or thrown away; rambling aloud to myself about my emotions (crazier means to the same end as freewriting); drawing; writing music; singing; playing the piano; listening to music; watching cartoons, and spinning poi, especially on fire (also an artistic and [relatively] safe outlet for pyromania).
    . . . I just realized I haven't spun fire in nearly two months. That makes me sad.

8. ivyjock

Music, NBC's Friends (best TV show .. ever) usually that helps a little!

9. VampConspiracy

I use a combination of video games, music, programming, and a psychologist. I have a hard time talking to my friends at random - my brain literally has faulty wiring. I once took antidepressants, but they fell out of disuse and I don't need them too much anymore anyway.

10. AlyssWonderland

Agreed. I'm pretty sure its impossible to feel bad listening to her music. (!)

11. VampConspiracy

To be honest, it was her kind of music that made me have violent reactions to all music up to a few years ago. Oh, yes, I had a very odd childhood. That's why I needed those pills and a therapist!