1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gospel church: How people can be easily influentied...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneChaos, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Firstly, the entire concept of sin is disgusting. I hate that doctrine vehemently and with a fiery passion. The idea that a human can be damned for eternity for such things as lust, homosexuality, lying, stealing and holding beliefs which contradict those of the religion reeks of unapologetic bigotry.

Secondly, the I shall quote myself yet again: "literature which [is] so rampid with psychopathic commandments and twisted ideals [nullifies any] amount of "good" passages [that it might have]."

2. Étoile

Still, he created the rules of life and all the emotions we experience. He knew the hungry nudists would eat from the tree. He knew their curiousity would get the best of them. He knew his creations were far too weak-willed to be given that grave and important of a decision. He was the one who decided to make a FAR too risky of a move and drop the tree there, knowing that the nudists HE HIMSELF made were going to eat from it.

It's like giving a test you're absolutely certain your students will fail and then getting mad at them when they do fail.

It's like leaving your 3-year-old child in a room with a gigantic cookie jar and telling them to not take a cookie from it. Common sense tells you the child will take a cookie from the jar. It's the parent's fault, not the child's.

Even if what you're saying made sense, God could've easily forgiven them. He chose not to. He chose to watch as his first two creations did exactly what he told them not to. He didn't try to intervene. You would certainly intervene if your child was doing something bad for their health right? He then went batshit crazy and decided to blame us for what some curious hungry nudists deciced to do. If he truly loved us, he would've forgiven the hungry nudists and not blame us for soemthing when I wasn't even around to commit.

I don't see how any of what you're saying can make sense to you.

#42 Étoile, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  3. chow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the bible cannot be read literally. To me the bible is just a book that can turn out to be inspiring. Just as in posts on Lifehack can be inspiring. They're not necessarily right, but it can inspire you to do good (well, just as it can inspire you to do bad stuff). In the end, it's just you imposing your own morality on the book (eg. this passage says that I must love my parents... hmm, it's about time to invite them over for dinner. OR this passage says that eating shrimp is bad. I should just ignore it because I can't make the head nor tail of it.)

And isn't picking out the different points of views in the bible (eg the 4 gospels) a good way to cure insomnia?

4. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love that! :lol:

5. paul 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeh i agree with this im the same, and every point youve made. i dont want to be part of any religion, especially one which hates me and at the very least teaches i have to be cellibate all my life, supress my natural feelings or ill go to hell. Christian teaching is so hyprocrytical in so many ways pfft dont even get me started but yeah that sums it up xD

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, basically. :grin:

7. paul 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yep couldnt agree with that last point. and if people just thought and did some more reasearch for themselves, read a few books which expose the bible for exacly what it is (ie, made up) the world would be a better place. that book has done so much harm in the world, caused so much pain and suffering. it preaches hate and prejudice.

so yeh these are my opinions i dont mean to offend anyone but i dont apologize for them. im just really passionate about this :slight_smile:

8. Étoile

Funny how I've yet to get a response from the kiddo I was having a mini debate with.