1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have that obsession with the Sims?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theJosephDean, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Étoile

I'm on my 3rd generation now on TS3. The 3rd gen. is a toddler named Owen, though his cousin will be born the next time I play.

2. theJosephDean

I made a family that I use in the story I'm writing, and I produced the following four generations (that I mentioned in a previous post). I used the basis of what the spawned sims did as what their future characters will be like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been playing a rainbow legacy, where each generation is colour-themed - name, hair, clothing, house decor, all related to their colour. I'm up to generation purple, with the two kids called Plum and Lavender.
    I get more gay Sims than would be statistically likely. With this legacy I've had one gay kid per two generations, and I'm thinking about making both kids in my current generation gay or bi, just because I can.

4. Étoile

Owen's father River is bisexual. He dumped his high school love to be with Owen's mother, the hot geeky girl Giselle. Most of my sims are straight, but I always have at least a few gay simmies in my neighborhood. Their last name is Lavender too.

5. Charme

Charme Guest

OMG. A sims thread.

In Sims 3, my sim is currently trying to collect every kind of ghost in the household by killing townies. Killed 2 sims so far :grin: Hunger and drowning.

I know... I should probably see someone about this. But I mean srsly, rainbow colored ghosts.

6. theJosephDean

Whenever one of my heterosexual couples has a bunch of kids, at least one of them is gay, and at least one of them experiments :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Pfft, nah. I have a mod that simulates actually getting to -kill- other Sims. It uses the WA camera layout and whoever you take a "picture" of, kinda falls to the ground. It's like it takes their souls. ^_^

7. Charme

Charme Guest

Omg thats like awesome haha. Do you have the link for it? :lol: I downloaded something like that on Sims 2 but crashed everytime I tried to do it.

8. theJosephDean

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You can see, now, why they have to use the camera's point and zoom feature :icon_wink

9. Charme

Charme Guest

Haha! Omg that's fricken awesome. Guns in your inventory makes it feel like walking through gangland. This is kinda messed up but I kinda laughed that it was a black sim that got shot in the screen shots. Thanks for the link :grin:

10. theJosephDean

aww :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But no problem ^_^

11. No One

I LOVE THE SIMS!!! Especially the Sims 3.

12. notquitebutch

[​IMG]

My couple on their Paris honeymoon :'D I love this game so much.

13. theJosephDean

Niiiiiice!! Very cute :slight_smile:

14. coolguy144

this game and Sid Mier's Civilization are my life. =D

15. Mitchell

I LOVED The Sims Online when it was out, played it since the beta up until it shut down.

16. littledinosaurs

yes.

sims3 becomes my life on a regular basis. I have families who are into their 6th generation. But it actually becomes slightly boring once the generations go on too long. I want to go play right now!

17. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have never played past the second generation. I spend way too much time worrying that everyone's lives have to be perfect before they age.

18. littledinosaurs

I essentially choose favourites in each generation who get more attention than others.
    Once those ones are properly set to where I want them then I can play around with the others and have fun with them too. Making a large family tree was my goal with this family.

19. Connor22

well I tried the sims...

got bored and locked my sim in a room with no doors and watched her starve to death

then tried to murder her husband by setting him on fire... easier said than done...

damn you fire brigade and your always being just round the cornerness

20. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have this problem so much I just turned off aging, I love my sims too much to let them get old... who wouldnt love their rich, gay, beautiful couple whose mastered almost every skill and one's been through half the available jobs in the city to lvl 10. (I felt kinda bad though when they started getting the have child with ___ wish and I was just like "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!" :icon_redf )

My other family was a Chinese father/grown-up son kung fu family who I tried to get their visa level to max in each city in WA. I tried to make the son straight but every girl I had him ask out was already in a relationship so he ended up gay too (seriously all the girls are taken but the first guy I ask is available, why isn't life like that?!)