1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have any 'weird' allergies?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Ben

Ben

I swear I posted in this thread before :confused:

Anyway, I'm allergic to books. Certain books I just can't read because I actually sneeze every couple of seconds when I open them. It's usually older and dusty books because I'm super allergic to dust, but sometimes I can't read new books either just because the moment I open them I get set off.

I'm also allergic to many brands of deodorant and especially perfume. This woman sat next to me on the bus once and I was sneezing non stop for ages and I'm pretty sure it was her perfume. It was super embarrassing because I would have felt awkward asking her to move, and I was by the window so I couldn't just slip away. But it happens all the time when I'm around women who wear lots of perfume.
    Yes. That's right. I'm allergic to women.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sometimes when I drink coffee is makes me sneeze, a lot.
    Odd I know, and only sometimes.

3. Sorry to bring a post back after it's been dead for a bit, but I thought I'd add my two cents.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but sadly I'm allergic to something in solid deodorant so I'm stuck using the gel. Haha.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well.. I'm allergic to crab but not other crustaceans.

5. rainbowbrite121

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my mom is allergic to organge dye and I have a allergy to singular. and ivory soap and aveeno oatmeal bodywash. I tease my mom with orange gummy bears all time

6. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im only alergic to orange the thing and the colourant

7. VampConspiracy

I'm allergic to... beer?

There was an incident that happened when I was three (and since I was three, all I have are secondhand accounts...). Let's just say there was "adult idiocy/ignorance" involved on the part of some random people that I wouldn't remember anymore if I bashed my face into them.

It's really a non-issue though. I don't like throwing around facepalm-inducing words like "straightedge," but... would teetotaler work?

8. Miss Modular

I'm allergic to wool, nearly all plants found in Nevada, most domesticated animals except for dogs, and I have a chemical sensitivity to chlorine. No food allergies though!

9. Smiley1123

I'm allergic to some sunscreens...I put it on and my skin was all rashy for the next few days, it was not a pretty sight.

10. RedState

I'm allergic to the law.

11. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

*ba dum tsh*

For some strange reason, I'm sometimes unable to drink orange squash. Could probably be to do with the fact that sometimes I don't dilute the drink with enough water and as such it ends up too concentrated, but sometimes when I drink it my chest gets tight and i become extremely itchy/ticklish round the chest/underarm areas to the extent that I'm constantly scratching. I didn't have this until the last few years, so fuck knows if it's an actual allergy.