1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name that baby

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Shebbs, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Zumbro

1) Probably not going to have kids, but if I do and it's a guy, Yannick for sure. Girls I'm not so certain on, but I think Lisa.

2) If I was a girl, I would be Sarah

3) Shaniqua, Sequina, Shanaynay. 3 unrelated girls at my high school.

2. littledinosaurs

1. Riley, Leslie, Giselle, Silvain, Julien, and maybe others. not sure.

2. I was almost Dylan, and if I were a girl, I would have been Chelsea.

3. Lalla (La-la), & Silva. But they are only weird to me cause they are foreign names.

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Boy hawkeye after my dad
    doris after my mom

4. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Idk how many children I would want but I'd want boys. Names: Skylar, Eric, Ryan, Sam, Christian, Paul, Jason
    2. Daktron....I kid you not
    3. Euan...

5. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    my kids will be

male: gaston
    female: belle

and my pet horse will be called achillies

2) nadav, iftach , dolev :frowning2:

3) anas, saqr (prounced almost identical to sucker and means falcon in arabic).

#25 Steve, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  6. Helen

Helen Guest

Chell for a girl, Frank for a boy. :slight_smile:

I was going to be called Sally for a brief period (coupled with my surname, that would have been hideously embarrassing sounding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), but then my parents decided to name me after my maternal grandmother.

And I knew of a girl called Remalie once, I've never heard that name before...

7. Mouse

i have crazy thoughts, my kids would have bizarre names

Boy: i like Peregrine, as in the falcon, then i can call him Perry but know he's super individual underneath. i can imagen no-one will believe him :slight_smile:

Girl: probably name her after a tree... or a fruit, maple, cherry, apple, pine, ooh mahogany :slight_smile:

i was going to be called Emma or Laura

when i asked mum what she was going to call me, first she said Frogmella, and i wish she did, but it's the strangest name i've heard of.

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just gonna go right ahead and bring this thread back to life (à la Jesus) because I was talking about this exact thing today

1) What you want to name your kids if/when you have them (first and middle if you have it)
    My girls names would be Luna, and Kimberly (Luna because of the song by The Smashing Pumpkins, Kimberly because of the Patti Smith song, Kim Deal and Kim Gordon) I like Elizabeth as a middle name.
    With boys I like the name Arthur (it's very English :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, plus it's just a good name overall, it just seems like the kind of person you'd want to know) but also Henry and Jack after my Granddads. The middle name would have to be the same as mine because I'm the 7th generation to have it as a middle name, and I would hate to break the tradition at the 8th.

2) What your parents thought about naming you
    I was nearly Patrick Desmond the third. Yeah, and my Dad is the kind of person who would find it hilarious to refer to me as Junior all the time. Such fun. My mum was certain I was gonna be a girl (but didn't bother finding out ¬_¬) so she had about 10 girls names and let my dad have jr; when I turned out male she flat out refused and came up with my name in 5 mins (my Dad tells people I'm named after Joseph Stalin, which I hope isn't true because my Mum's thought process jumping to soviet revolutionaries when naming her child is probably not a good thing). The girls names I can remember she planned for me are Martha and Jane, but there were a few more (I seem to remember Emily...)

3) The weirdest name(s) you have heard of
    It's not really 'weird' but I hate when people name their kids regular names but spelt stupidly. Calling your kid Aymih (Amy) makes her and you look stupid, do not do it. I also once met a girl called Wyntur Summa, which is irritating (she changed her name to Mary, lol). I also knew a girl called Lanesra, which is Arsenal backward (the football team, the funny thing is her mum got remarried and now supports Chelsea.)