1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, May 4, 2010.

1. Blondie

Blondie Guest

its to bad that Blizzard won't put a version out for Linux I would have bought it

2. Gaetan

My guess is there will be hints to the hybrid race in this first installment, and then they will appear in the second as a major force. The second will likely end with some sort of "we're all gonna die." (All the races still fighting each other, in addition to the new guys...) The third will probably include them uniting under one banner to oust the hybrid.

And, with only a few days left...

"Ready to move out!"
    "For the swarm!"
    "En taro Tassadar!"

3. littledinosaurs

got it yesterday.
    played it...pretty much all day.
    I like it :slight_smile:

4. Gaetan

It basically feels like an updated StarCraft 1. Which...I guess it is?

The single player is awesome so far, though I'm only about halfway through it. Multiplayer, I'm still on the fence about. The dynamics of it seem almost too fast, as I'm used to StarCraft 1 matches taking hours, when these are over in 30 minutes or less...even when we're taking it slow on purpose.

5. Meropspusillus

Mainly: Egon is awesome. That is all.

6. littledinosaurs

For the record, Nova is awesome in my opinion. Totally sided with her.

7. Shevanel

I always remembered StarCraft Ghost being developed for the longest time, it's too bad that went the way of Duke Nukem Forever. xD

8. littledinosaurs

I know.
    yet i'm not surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to shit loads of blizzard games but they never really advertised them when it happened. They take so long that it's almost absurd. Actually, it IS absurd. They're lucky that their games actually do so well otherwise they would have gone under years ago.

9. HackmanWIU

Them taking so long makes their games good, therefore successful. You aware of a flop? I'm not.

#29 HackmanWIU, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  10. Meropspusillus

Yeah, Tosh is just creepy, who would side with him over her? Especially because he's clearly the evil one.

I originally played the pre-final mission to take out the air-support (because brood lords are evil). But then I went back and played the other one, and it was way more fun... my favorite part was how Egon was in it.

11. Shevanel

I really wanna get the chance to play it, purely because of Tricia Helfer voicing Sarah Kerrigan <3 Tricia Helfer is the best.

12. Apocalypte

Just curious: Anyone running this on a 2-4 year old Mac, and more to the point how badly does it run on older hardware? I'm on a late 2006 Macbook Pro.

13. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first I was enraged that they had a new voice for Kerrigan. But I can’t stay mad at Tricia Helfer! She does seem to be the stereotypical "evil love interest" in scifi, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ve held off on thoughts before I had the chance to played it extensively. After playing 16 hours in two days, I’m pretty confident in saying that I like it a lot. The campaign is very fun (and I love the design on some levels, especially the night/day cycle one and the lava flood one)

And in the multiplayer, I have the feeling that I’m a lot better at it than I was at the first one. Flooding an enemy with zerglings now feels like the right thing to do instead of a horror of ctrl-group micromanagement. And I find myself just spreading Creep over the map for fun (yeah, I’m pretty much purely a Zerg player. Designing biotech in real life and playing with bioweapons online completes me :wink:)

So far I got solidly ran over in multiplayer, so I guess I’m still pretty horrible objectively. Or I just need some wimpy friends to steamroll xD

Oh, and I couldn't contain myself so I got the special edition. I'm really enjoying the soundtrack that came with it. If only to put on the music DuGalle was playing in the Brood War intro while I unleash my troops on the enemy...

14. frostreaver

It was console exclusive so I was kind of glad they canceled it. :evil: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wonder if they used the scraps from that game for the cutscenes in Starcraft 2.

15. Meropspusillus

I wish I was better at playing Zerg, I'm okay with terran and maybe kinda good with protoss...I just can't seem to play Zerg. Also, nothing is more fun than finding a Zerg player who didn't go Hydras and taking out his Queen and entire food base with 3 Phoenixes.

16. Totoro

Zerg is very heavy on actions o-o because it's very likely you have to work with multiple bases and such and such =\
    I play Protoss and Terran :] I'm decent, but not that good -.-
    -Also, I will be waiting for Starcraft: ghost ... until it comes out ;D

17. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to shamelessly bump this thread to state I survived the SP campaign on hard (the ending was so clichéd I saw it coming from miles away, though), but now that people are starting to get the hang of things, I'm majorly losing in the MP arena xD

One MAJOR ANNOYANCE is that they separated continents. Almost everyone I'd want to play against is in the US, and Blizzard doesn't even allow me to befriend them. They claim the technology is not yet ready, even though the original SC had that capability 12 years ago. I'll just pray they add that function soon...

If they haven't researched burrow, then they don't deserve to survive, I say!
    And I found the key to playing Zerg really is just developing an inner alarm clock to go over all of your hatcheries and use queens to spawn larvae. as long as I keep larvae production up, I'm never short of cannon fodder...

To be honest, I sucked at Prooss, before I found out they can actually speed up their production buildings too xD

18. Meropspusillus

But Overlords can't burrow! That's the most fun part about it.

19. Tom

Tom

ahh starcraft 2, one of the 3 new loves in my life <3

20. Trailblazer

Anyone still playing this? I still play a few 4v4 games and customs a day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: