If you could play any instrument...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nialla, May 2, 2010.

1. blue lagoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to play trumpet, but was never too good. I've also had experience with percussion in high school (I've played marching bass drum, marimba, and tympani). I'd like to get back into playing the trumpet again, especially if it was in a ska band setting or something like that. However, I'd rather do percussion, especially something like a drumset or vibraphone (like a marimba). I also have an interest in learning bass guitar as well.

2. marvin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I play the classical guitar at an acceptable level (done all the Trinity College grades if that means anything to anyone). I don't remember why I started playing but if you want to know why I continue to, just search for Julian Bream on youtube!

The other instrument I would most like to play is the oboe, baroque oboe music is just so beautiful.

3. Nialla

Nialla Guest

I made a Rebec (medieval violin) a few weeks ago, and I have to say that I was rather enamoured with it. It didn't play very well since it was the first instrument I've made and it was a prop for a theatre production (therefore done quickly)...but I think learning how to play a medieval instrument would be a fair amount of fun.

I'd give anything to be able to sing properly though.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely anything if I could be good at it. After twelve years of piano, two years of organ, and two years of bass guitar, I finally came to the conclusion that everybody else had years ago - I have no talent for performing music. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Miss Bubbles

Violen absolutely!!!!

6. Emberstone

If I could play any instrument....

... I would play cheyenne jackson's buttcheeks like a bongo.

7. Geradeth

Hmmm, well anything can be cheesy/horrible if not done well, but let me introduce you to some good stuff just in case...
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Srcikm4Hh0[/YOUTUBE]
    Solo @ 3:13 (just ignore the image if you've never heard of Katamari Damacy...)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg7QYvi9NmE[/YOUTUBE]
    Kojima Mayumi uses flute in a lot of her work and it's all great (but again, ignore the image as she has nothing to do with Bioshock...)

Personally, I think the flute in these songs is awesome, but if you still don't like either of them then I guess there's nothing I could do to change your mind....:icon_sad:

8. 4 seat

I played classical piano for 17 years then moved away to school and stopped playing as much. Now I sound very rough......

9. saudade

saudade Guest

Either the cello or the theremin. The former because it is beautiful, the latter because of its blatant awesomeness.

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Piano.

Best sounding instrument in my opinion.

11. Gambit

I would love to play the piano and cello. I love how they sound

12. djt820

I play bass, guitar, and a little piano. But mostly bass. I chose that instrument because I love the sound of bass. I like the *Oophm* of a bass and I love the tone it can make. BUT I would LOVE to play the Sitar. Maybe even the theremin.

13. lostinthought9

I play the trumpet, or used to anyways. But, I'd LOVE to learn piano, and I heard it's not too difficult to learn.

14. crystaltriforce

i guess i would go with either guitar or violin

15. SolitaryKnight

I would love to play the pipe organ or the piano. The organ just has such an amazing quality it can be soft and absolutely horrific. The piano would probably be easier and more practical.

[YOUTUBE]unLzzyeCwTo[/YOUTUBE]

16. starfish

I used to play the Tuba back in high school, and I miss it. I would like to star again, but I need to wait until I move into a house. Brass instruments and apartments are not a good mix.

17. Nialla

Nialla Guest

I think one of the reasons that I favour string instruments over woodwind is the fact that I can hum along (or sing when I'm by myself) to whatever I'm playing. -Chuckles- Plus, it's surprising how many different types of sounds you can get out of a bog-standard guitar.

18. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i play the guitar and drums, horribly XD but i'd love to be able to play the piano properly, iv had a go on the one at my scout hall and iv came up with some little ditties XD but i have no idea wat i did to do them rofl

19. littledinosaurs

Bagpipes can be a beautiful instrument, but there is a time and place for them.

God, I know that some people play them in the park sometimes for hours and it's just irritating. Especially since they have earplugs in cause it's so loud, and with that my logic is if they can't handle it themselves then they shouldn't make the public suffer through it.

20. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I want to be able to play my bass guitar that i bought. lol