1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'I'm in love with my grandson and we're having a baby'

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ty, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Ty

Ty

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...-in-love-with-my-grandson-were-having-a-baby/

2. EddyT

I just saw that on the news.. it's disgusting D:

3. Nialla

Nialla Guest

People 'having kids' at that age...-Shakes head- What a selfish thing to do.

4. partietraumatic

i've actually read articles about this before.

Apparently when one meets a biological relative who you have not grown up with, it is not unusual to experience a strong sexual connection, as you do not have an emotional connection.

I read it a while ago in connection with a brother and sister who had never met til they were grown up, then had sexual feelings for eachother upon meeting.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These people might look at us as hypocrites since we constantly have to live through horror and such. But I'm sorry, there's a difference between homosexuality and incest >_> and incest....is absolute lunacy....

6. EddyT

I totally agree with you Revan ! (*hug*)

7. Cracked Actor

I just have to say, to each their own.

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    If they're in love I see no problem. Bigots should shut their mouths, as in any other situation.

9. RaRa

Well said.

10. Alex19

i dont understand it... but ppl dont understand homosexuality either, so i wont judge. i wont hate, but i could never do that. especially with such an old ass woman. ewwww o and why isnt any christian group picketing them and saying that they shouldnt be together/have the baby? wtf they do that to us and we arent commiting incest. o thats right, cause in the bible, Lot had a threesome with his 2 daughters... i guess that means its permissible >(

11. Shevanel

Interesting

So she's in love with her grandson.
    He's in love with his grandmother.
    He's in love with his mother's mother.
    She's in love with her daughter's son.

They're now having a baby. (albeit through a surrogate mother)
    So this baby will be the Grandmother's son/daughter AND Great Grandson/daughter.
    If the mother of the boy was alive, it'd be her Grandson/daughter, but also Brother/sister?
    And it's the boy's Son/daughter AND Uncle/aunt in a way?

My head hurts.

12. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I'm sorry but I see people saying "to each his own" and "we are judged so why should we judge them" and other stuff but this is NOT AT ALL the same as homosexuality. "To each his own", would you say the same thing about pedophiles? "We are judges so we shouldn't judge them" well would you judge bestiality? Incest is an interesting topic though. While it totally and completely appalls me, I do have to wonder what is so terribly wrong with it. However on a completely different note, the fact that they are having a child is selfish and
    disgusting. How close they are genetically speaking is going to totally destroy that child. Also the woman is 72 years old and will be lucky to see the child turn 1. Is incest disgusting?
    That is fairly hard to answer, personally I am disgusted by the thought. Is this couple disgusting? Without a doubt.

13. djt820

I read that and realized that was the most wonderful, heart-filling story Ive read in a long time. Absolutely beautiful. Good for them. May their hearts stay strong.

----------

God damn, you are without a doubt so far fucking off your rocker. How in the hell could you relate incest to bestiality? For one, bestiality is not the same because the animal cannot consent to said relationship. Same thing with pedophilia, in most cases. These 2 people are in love and damn people for trying to ruin that. And for your information, the chances of their baby being a fuck-up are extremely low, according to studies I've read in the past. You better brush up on your thoughts and information before you go and blatantly attacking people. Same goes with anyone else who thinks incest is "disgusting" and "wrong".

#13 djt820, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  14. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    The life expectancy for American women is 81, so she'll most likely be alive longer than 73.

15. Roralo

Roralo Guest

I think incest is disgusting and wrong. :slight_smile:
    And this article makes me sick, there has to be some boundaries set, but for a grandmother and her own grandson? Blood of her blood? Damn me for being judgmental if you will, but this is atrocious act.

16. SRSLYMARK

If they're two consenting adults, I really cannot judge them being in a relationship. It's kinda gross, but it's not my business.

Regarding the baby, I guess that's okay, too, because it will only contain Phil and Roxanne's DNA, rather than Phil's and Pearl's.

It's a little weird, but nothing to get too crazy over, I think.

17. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG. Where's Jerry Springer when you need him? LOL

18. otc877

otc877 Guest

The age gap alone is disgusting to me, add in incest and I'm appalled.

But, given the option to break them up, I'd let them stay together. They make each other happy...

I do, however, think it's very unfair and selfish of them to want to raise a child with a parent at 72. There's a reason she went through menopause.

19. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Not necessarily. I don't know much about biology, but I think congenital birth defects tend to appear after several generations of endogamy.

Anyway, I'd be lying if I said I'm not shocked by it. I could easily say 'to each their own' since this is about people I don't know and probably will never meet, but it'd be something tough to accept were it coming from a friend or relative. Still, since I can rationally understand that the prohibition against incest (what makes me feel 'shocked' by cases like this) is a social construct, I have to emotionally detach myself and say no one has any right to stop them from being together if that's what they want because there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Besides, the other aspect that probably repulses most people is the fact that there's a huge age gap betwen this couple which -to a lesser degree than incest- is also taboo in modern societies (and even more disruptive in this case since the woman is the older partner).

#19 Mysterons, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  20. Brandford

I personally don't care, as long as they are using a donated egg then it's all good. Though I must say the child would be lucky if that woman survive through thier teens, obviously she will most likely be dead by time they reach 20. I always say you can't help who you fall in love with and its true in this case just as it is in any other case.

As long as their using the donated egg, it's A-Okay with me, not that my opinion matters anyway.