1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OUTED (sort of) by my art teacher

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Roralo, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Roralo

Roralo Guest

UERhdagjrjwgrgAFMLtothetenthdegree.

Bear with me as I unleash the entire stress of the day and the situation that followed. SO I'm in art class, and I'm like one of the two guys in it. The other guy is my long long time crush and best friend. At any rate, we have a 'concentration' or 'focus' that we base 12 pieces of art around. My concentration are paintings of body's and figures. So she says,

"Ross, I think I know why you are choosing this..."
    And I'm like, what?

And so the class passes along and then she says to my crush, "I think you have the same issue as Ross here..."
    And then I'm like, "I have an issue?"
    And she gives me this knowing look.
    And then I'm like panicking the entire class period. Afterwards she drags my crush into the darkroom to ask him stuff. Immediately after they come out, I drag my teacher back in the room without meeting his eye. Anyways, we sit and she's all,
    "So...does your concentration have to do with your sexuality?"
    And since I'm the most terrible liar in the world, I just nod. And then its all talk about my art...anyways, I come out and my crush is gone. I did learn she also asked him if he was gay and he said no (I already knew that) but now that she asked him, remarked the 'issues' comment, and then we talked, its just a bubbling pot of suspicious suspicions and he told my friend to tell me that we needed to talk later

So right now I'm all GLKAFBHGHHGHGJHGGHGHGHKGFI'MGONNAHANGMYSELFURGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGGH, because I didn't want this to happen so fast and I had planned to do it later and ARUGRFHRH.

:bang::bang::bang:

2. RaeofLite

Aww.... what a crappy move on her part. At least the part about talking to your crush. :frowning2: I'm sorry to hear that.

But at least you're out and won't have to feel the need to explain your art. (*hug*) And no, you don't have "issues". You're normal just the way you are. :slight_smile:

3. olides84

What kind of shit teacher is that? No disrespect to your feelings and how you'll now have to deal, but I'm shocked for her to tell you about her private conversation with your friend (asking if he was gay, him saying no).

Well, as said above, you could use this misfortune to hurry along something that you were going to come around to eventually. Or alternatively, simply talk to your friend and say your teacher was flippin crazy.

4. Markio

That teacher sounds like she did not respect your privacy at all.

5. riddlerno1

No, that was completely wrong of her to do that to you as she put you in a position out of your control and she involved someone else in that situation. I would feel absolutley angry too. She could have just took you to the side and asked if you wanted to discuss your art and so giving you the power of the conversation. And no you dont have issues cos that makes it sound negative.

6. mydogstewie

Teacher's are not allowed to ask a student their sexuality

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, it was very unprofessional of her to do that, teachers are not allowed to ask students such personal questions unless the student starts the conversation. On another note, she shouldnt have questioned the meaning behind your art work, and I hope she allows you to continue. It's rare that an art student in high school (i'm guessing) is making something that has a deeper meaning and purpose and as an artist herself, your teacher should not have questioned your meaning or method of making art. If she suspects something then great, she can understand your art but it's totally unacceptable for her to take it into your personal life and ask questions that are not meant for her to ask. However, she's presented you with a very easy opportunity tocome out to friends, even if it is earlier than you wanted, I hardly think it would be a bad thing in the long run. If you avoid it now and your friends suspect it, you might be digging yoruself deeper into the closet and you'll feel like you cant come out to them for a long time so they can forget this situation.

I say, go with it. If your friends ask you or something then tell them exactly the truth. Just say she wanted to ask me about my art work. She asked if it had anything to do with my sexuality. You dont even really NEED to come out, just avoid denying it a lot and saying you're straight, because that might only hurt you in the long run.

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    "Issues?" And confrontations? Your art teacher is an asshole and should be pushed off of a cliff.

9. Fiender

...I think a couple nasty words to the teacher would suffice... :confused:

10. Halpert

My word. I don't know how your school hierarchy works, but I would suggest going to someone of authority about that. It may be different in the US, but here, that is definitely not okay to do. That's a blatant disregard for your and your friend's privacy. Not cool lady, not cool.

But anyway, I'm truly sorry that this has happened to you. Being outed is never a fun situation, especially by a teacher. I wish you the best! (*hug*)

11. valerievalerie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think she meant well, but man it really backfired.

12. Prccgeek

That is really ridiculous! I teacher sound never ask a student about their sexuality! I mean, if a student brings it u with them to discuss, that might be different, but it is really none of her business. I'm sorry man. If she repetitively brings it up or does anything else of the sort, maybe could confront the admin about it b/c that isn't right.

13. kizza111

I agree, i would be VERY mad.... You should take it up with someone high in the school...

P.S i never come on here anymore! i must come on more :slight_smile:

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would make some statement like

"you invaded my privacy which firstly, was against the law, but more importantly was rude, insensitive, and absolutely none of your business. You could lose your job over this, and you should know that whether you keep it or not depends on my decision on whether or not to report it, and perhaps your decision on whether or not to apologise and promise not to invade the privacy of your students ever again"

15. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

I believe your sexuality is none of her business...you should report her if this sort of thing continues...:eek:

16. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well.. Am i mean to mean to be laughing at your post?! beacuse it was funny! mega - lol !
    sucks to be you though... you should definitely file a complain against your teacher... god know why she has taken upon herself to be outing children of her class! that almost sounds sick ! that's why i always hated art teachers .. they are mean, too direct or completely lost all together!