In a relationship with someone older from a chat...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kso1995, Apr 12, 2010.

1. hairdye

he should be old enough to know that you don't fall in love, online, over 3 weeks. you just don't. you don't know what the other person is like in person. you don't know how much you can trust them. you don't even know what their breath smells like, their hygene or their weird little quirks.

you however, are not at fault. who wouldn't be gaga over a hunky 25 year old? I was in love with Brad Pitt since i was 12. You're living the 14 year olds fantasy of course. However in this fantasy, he isn't out to use you. He's going to love you and be there to support you until you're done with school. He's going to take you to Prom so you can introduce your 29 year old boyfriend, to your 18 year old friends. Theres plenty of other great people for you to meet in the next 5 years.

He's a crepper who out to get some young azz. please, please TRUST everyone on this one. We see you in the forum. And you know you can trust us ten times more than you can trust him. you can take a chance, and make a huge mistake. or you can block him and stop taking his calls and forget him.

do the right thing.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the others already told you everything you need to know, but I can’t help but add my voice to the choir: get out of this situation ASAP! He lied about his age to get closer by, and once he established a measure of trust, he’s moving the goalposts. He lied about his age already, and who says he wasn’t lying about not caring for sex?

Also, time spent on the internet can seem like a much longer time than it is. A few weeks is the blink of an eye, really. No matter how much time you spent talking, it’s pretty much impossible to decide whether you’re really in love with someone based on a few conversations. It’s fun talking to people and having a feeling that they find you interesting in return, but that’s just an infatuation, nothing more…

So I’d just cut it off if I were you. There’s plenty of guys your own age around to fall in love with. Just be firm when breaking it off. Make it clear that this is your decision, and that you won’t be swayed. If he’s really a pedo, he might give you all kinds of reasons why you should continue this. Things like “but you’re so mature for your age!”, or "I can feel this relationship transcends such boundaries!". Those are all tricks to guilt you into staying. Don't buy it! Just saying "it's over" and not looking back are really your best options.

3. Sylver

Yup. End of story.

4. darkestknight

It's difficult to know that he on the other side is even honest about that. These guys are usually predators. C'mon, you're just 14 - and he's 25 - he could be hungry for sex. And worse, older guys hitting on teenagers - a big no-no. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I had gotten myself cheated by person who are older than me (my case was different, I was 23 then). It all started with the other party cooking up nasty lies, and lure one to himself - for sex.

My advise: Take a step backwards before things get nasty. Anyone who wanted a R/S and started off a kinky talk is not a person who actually wanted R/S at all. He might be using the R/S for the sake of boning the victim. You still have a school, and you need to focus on the studies, and finding friends within your schooling scope, and many more.

I will be sure that you will be much happier without getting lured by him, seriously.

5. Milord

I would stay away.
    And NO MORE internet relationships.

6. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

From what I gathered, this is the first time you have ever had a "relationship" with someone of the same sex, right? You only THINK you love him, I know...believe me, I know. When they talk to you and things seem great it's easy to think it's love-

It's not love, it's convenient.

If he hadn't lied, maybe...but because he did and it was a BIG ASS lie I suggest STAY THE HELL AWAY!

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get him on webcam (webcams are 10$... and if he loved you he'd settle your discomforts..btw he can easily use someone else's cam's recording so make sure he can do certain things you say to prove. Things YOU make up.) or get him to take a picture doing something you say (less reliable). Though these are definitely not surefire ways of knowing he is real, you'll possibly be able to tell whether he is fishy or not.

He most likely won't be able to do either and make excuses about it every time you ask. Trust me I know.

His pics are prolly all recycled and you'll end up feeling really dumb or getting hurt if you don't cut contact with him now. Don't take a chance.

I remember being 14... you'll probably not want to listen to us. Infatuation can be powerful. But please please please please please listen to us and stop talking to pervert. Just, please listen.

Update us soon!

#27 Austin, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd vote against the webcam idea... *if* this guy is a pedo, they are incredibly manipulative and will try to get you on one, claiming theirs is broke or whatever. Best not to even open that door.

But the picture idea is an excellent one... have him make a pic just for you, holding an oddball object you tell him to hold (maybe a can of soup or a bar or soap or something) and making a weird face. Idea being, nobody will have a "stock" photo they stole from Myspace doing what you're asking. And of course, if he hems and haws, or his camera is broken, or he's too busy, or whatever... you'll have your answer.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm not telling the OP to get a webcam. Telling him to tell the pedo to get one.

The only problem with the picture thing is he could have someone else take the picture or something so yeh...

But it'll give you a good idea. :wink:

10. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a good point. The webcam is near infallible but the thought is that most pedos won't have someone convenient to take said picture, otherwise they would likely not be trolling the web looking for guys.

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess if he was still pretending to be 17, if he was using another one of his... "prey"? and play the "how do I know YOUR not a pedo" card and get them to take the pic that the other person said.

But, I unno, I think pedos have enough potential "prey" where if smarter ones are trying to prove they are real they'd give up on them and move onto someone else, so ya.

You're right though... just pointing out possible things, which probably wouldn't happen. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Now I understand that that I'm not in your situation, but it's way too early to "love" him.That's a lot of mistakes people our age make. He knows that.He was your age once....and by once...I mean 1998 bro.

Now look at it as someone on the outside looking in, You met this legal adult who lied about his age in a chat room. I wouldn't say tell people, because you probably aren't comfortable with that, but I'd get out if I were you.If you met him on a chat room, do you think you're the first? He knows you're 14, and he purposely lied so he could be with you. If he'll lie about something like that, don't you think there's the slightest possibility he might be lying when he says "sex isn't important"???

Age isn't a big deal to me, personally.I know I might get shit for saying that but it depends on the age difference. 11 years dude. I don't care if you're the most mature 14 year old, if you're on the same level as that 25 year old, chances are he has some growing up to do. Try to wait a few years, I know how you feel lol.

13. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Oh yeah, and here's another way to look at it (here's where that algebra I kicks in lol), he's 25, so let's round you up a year and say you're 15, just to make the math a little easier. If you're 15, you're 3/5 his age. If you where to date someone 3/5 your age, you'd be with a 9 year old lol. Hope that made things a little easier.

14. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Asian :slight_smile: Dw bro, I used to think I love any guy I met but no it was lust :slight_smile:

15. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He lied to you about his age, which isn't something that's difficult to be honest about. I'd say let him go. And you said you have only talked on the phone? But you are in love with him? I think you need to take a second and step back. You haven't even met this guy. In my opinion, guys who lie about being younger are just trying to take advantage of the younger guy they are currently preying on. The biggest issue is that you are not even an adult. A 11 year difference between two adults can be complicated, but between an adult and a minor...big no-no. Lose this creep and keep your interest focused on guys closer to your age.

16. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll point out that this thread was started in mid-April, and that until yesterday, the most recent post was mid-April.

The issue has likely been resolved by now :slight_smile:

17. chained butterfly

This sounds really bad to me. I agree with other the other people on here, why did he lie about his age? And I'm turning 14 this year... but im a girl sorry =[ lol.

Im gunna add you for a friend