1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on rainbow jewelry/clothing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geradeth, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the way they look, but I've never been one to wear colorful anything. I even prefer ash grey Tshirts.

Lex

2. SaturdaySaviour

I would actually love to wear a rainbow bracelet once I'm out to my closer friends. I don't think there's an easier way to be recognised by other LGBTs. Still, I can't say I'm not concerned by possible reactions from other people...

3. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

i only have a 'Rainbow' (the british childrens t.v show from late eighties early nineties) t-shirt from topman which has a normal rainbow on plus the puppets Zippy and Geoffrey, but it's good enough for me at this stage, will gett a bracelet soon though.

4. GhostDog

I think rainbow stuff looks snazzy. =D I like the colors! I've got a lovely little rainbow string bracelet a friend made for me, though putting it on and taking it off so often has stretched it so it tries to fall off a lot now. =( I've also got a little rainbow star necklace (which also tends to fall off the chain, augh) and rainbow dogtags! And a rainbow umbrella.

Not that I wear them overly often, though. I find wrist jewelry is a pain in studio classes if nothing else. The rainbow star's a big PITA to deal with because its clasp is broken and it tries to fall off a lot. And, at times, when I've done my hair up all spiky, I'm wearing the rainbow dogtag necklace, and am walking through the rain with my fruity-ass umbrella, I do sort of wonder if people don't think I'm trying too hard. XD It's not like I'm the straightest-looking gal on the face of the planet to start with. So I usually go easy on the jewelry. But oh god, I love pride parades. I can put all that shit on at once and not care. =P

But I totally don't think rainbows are tacky or anything. I like pride accessories! I'll see people wearing them, or rainbow stickers on their cars or something, and I'll be all, "Woo! Right on, my friend!"

5. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I like it. I have a rainbow wristband that I wear pretty much 24/7. I just think it's really cool, plus it adds a tiny splash of color to my normal blue, grey, or white t-shirt and jeans or khaki look. I alos have an "Honor Diversity" little button I wear on my work uniform (They bedazzle our unifroms with store-related advertising shit anyway, so it really doesn't stand out. I call it a piece of "flair." :grin: ) I do have some people come up to me and say "OMG! You're family! That's so cool." I like the attention, I gotta admit. Unfortunately, no gay studs have said anything. :frowning2:

I do also own a rainbow dog tag and a rainbow choker necklace. I honestly never wear these, they're kinda reserved for Pride, I guess. The choker necklace is a little tight to wear all the time anyway. I also own a Pride T-shirt that I bought at Pride last year, and a t-shirt that says "Gay By Nature, Proud By Choice" that I bought specifically to wear to Pride last year. The Pride T-shirt I'll wear occasionally, but the "Gay By Nature, Proud By Choice" I'm saving to wear to this year's Pride festival. Wow, I sure said Pride alot in that paragraph, huh? :slight_smile:

6. RaeofLite

I agree. Some straight people don't pick up on it. Some do though and I get looks when I wear my bracelet I made with rainbow coloured beads. But mostly it's a reminder of me to be proud of who I am and that it's ok to be out. :slight_smile:

...Although apparently my friends say you can spot me flashing on the gaydar if you saw me walking down the street. Not that I have a strut, and super short hair.. just that I don't act or dress like a ton of straight girls, and that I don't hide the fact that I look at women. Go figure. lol

7. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This thread just reminds me that I need to get some.

8. Mugwump

I like rainbows. I have a small rainbow pendant that I wear most days. I think having recently come out, I'm pretty damn proud of it. It feels good to wear it. I won't forget the day I bought it... It was kinda like my "right, I'm gay and I'm gonna stop doubting it" day. It was great. I wear it for me, mostly.

I remember when I was little I wanted rainbow earrings like my aunty had... but she told me they were for gay people. Lol, I was so happy when I worked out I was gay. Rainbows are very pretty :slight_smile:

9. MusicIsLife

I love rainbow stuff--in moderation.

I have a terrycloth rainbow wristband and a triangle rainbow pin, the pin being on my backpack at all times and I wear the wristband most of the time. Thats the most i'll ever have on at one time, I don't want to look like a walking talking paint splatter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. RaeofLite

Oh and I forgot this one. It's on my keychain. :grin: (Yay for the Pride knicknacks you get at Gay shops.)
    Oh, and my car has a string with rainbow beads hanging from the rearview mirror. I don't think I'd put a bumper sticker up though.. you never know if someone'll want to "accidently" hit your car. :dry:

Attached Files:

11. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    staight people should not pick up on rainbow stuff it should be some gay code!!!!!! . now since prides flag it all over the place closets gays have to find another way to hiddenly communixctae . as for me if i had a rainbow bracelet im not to sure if id have the guts to wear , now since im really pre army

12. RENThead

i have a chain i always wear, just plain silver. i have 3 things on it, a st christopher for good luck, a silver heart and the front one is a heart with pride colours on it.
    my gay friends notice, but no one else has ever asked about it.

i also have rainbow shoelaces. and sometimes i wear a rainbow belt.

13. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well i really aint thought about wearing anything rainbowy haha. i had a really bright t-shirt on one day and i got a few comments about being gay from a freind for wearing it (he aint clicked yet you see) and also the fact i was in a gay bar. i dont mind it but i guess it just aint for me.

14. Zach

Wow, talk about "timing is everything" ..... A couple of weeks ago I ordered a rainbow ring for myself. Once it finally arrived ... I was reluctant to wear it for a few days (at least while I was at work any way). But after a few days I decided to just wear it and let the people that saw it deal with it :thumbsup:(!) The only one who even noticed my ring was a new co-worker that saw the ring on my finger ... and later on that day she asked me if the rainbow design of the ring had a "meaning" of some sort. I said "yes it does ...and I hope some day you will figure it out for yourself" (!):eusa_clap

15. Geradeth

Wow, who'd a thunk I'd get this much discussion out of this thread!

Thanks for the reassurance everyone; I haven't yet noticed ANYONE at my campus wearing anything rainbow and thought to myself "I can't be the only gay guy here, maybe no one wears them anymore..." and felt kinda silly for buying my necklace. Now I know better don't I? :thumbsup: Just gotta work up the courage to wear it in public now...

Thanks everyone! :icon_bigg

16. xCrazyInsanity

I like colorful*points to signature*. Don't really have much though. Price range means something in my world :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. musicgirl112233

I like wearing rainbow things. Though often times the only peolpe that notice are straight. :/

18. Zach1992

If I come across a rainbow rubber bracelet then I will totally buy it.

19. Apple Pie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As soon as I get to college I'm going to buy some rainbow stuff to wear. Maybe a bracelet.