1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemanz!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NickT, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I've been addicted to X since it launched. My current team is:

Gengar, Musharna, Wigglytuff, Cinccino, Altaria and Chandelure.

My boyfriend managed to breed me a perfect Miltank last night that will probably replace my Wigglytuff. On the lookout for a shiny Miltank at the moment. ^_^

2. Ridiculous

I'm at 20,000 per task at the hotel, I haven't been for a while so I don't know if it goes higher... the 'search for missing items' job is veeery tedious at this stage.

The restaurants give more money than they cost if you get close to or exactly the right number of turns - sell the balm mushrooms they give you as a reward. If you have an amulet coin or luck incense on one of your Pokemon to double prize money, plus the prize money O-Power, I think you can make about 200,000 profit from the 90k fee restaurant.
    Sushi Highroller just barely breaks even, I think.

3. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just got the 20,000 per task myself just last night and I know what you mean. I think I spent five-ten minutes trying to find three figurines. I did fairly well on the room service though, and got the beds done easily as usual. I've yet to take more than 40 seconds on that.

Ahhh! Smart plan indeed. I really need to find my amulet coin and such, but I didn't fully know how the restaurants worked. I did one once and got 13 mushrooms out of it~ But I rushed through because I didn't understand you want to be spot-on on the number of turns. Oops... Thanks for the heads up!

I think you can buy luck incense somewhere right? I bet if you used both with two pokemon then, that it'd be even better, right?

4. Ridiculous

You can buy all the incenses at the little stall at the harbour side of Coumarine City (if you Fly there you have to take the tram next to the Pokecenter to get to the harbour).
    However only one prize money boosting item works unfortunately - I had grand plans of using 5 luck incenses and an amulet coin with the O-Power but it gave the same amount as it did with just one item :frowning2:.

5. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah...Well, guess I don't need to go get one then. But thanks for reminding me where to buy those xD Well, I at least have a fairly easy way to get money now. As long as I go to the battle chateau like every couple hours, there are new people to battle and such, meaning more money. Especially since I'm now a march...something or other. And I was getting like 5k or so a battle with some people :grin: It's a good training ground too that way xD

6. Colours

Bred my first perfect pokemon last night. ^^ Never thought I'd have the patience for this, on Black 2 I used to be happy if it had 1 perfect IV and EV train that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Perks of being unemployed, I suppose.

[​IMG]

Timid / Poison Point
    31/xx/31/31/31/31

Wasn't sure about the nature because its base speed is terrible, but at least it's -Atk so that's fair enough.

Next one I want to breed is Scizor, and I might try Tyranitar. Also looking for a Squirtle so I can do Blastoise.

7. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can breed you a squirtle if you want, Colours. It may take a wee bit of time, but I can. :grin:

8. Tim

Tim

Technically speaking, perfect implies all 6 with 31. XD

But grats nonetheless :grin:D

9. Saint Otaku

Oh precious miltank, my favorite! Dear me, my addiction to that little HP factory makes me constantly think about my corrupted Crystal version, my first pokemon game ever, which makes me sad... D':

10. Ridiculous

Well in the case of Foul Play, having 0 Attack IVs on a Special Attacker would be perfect to minimise damage from it, and 31 Attack IVs to minimise the impact of Power Split and Power Trick. And in some cases 0 IVs in Speed is what you want and is perfect for that situation. So perfect is a very situational descriptor!

11. Djinn

I'm so happy I got my favorite pattern on my Vivillon! I've had her for far longer on my team than I would have suspected. Seems like she'll learn Bug Buzz and Hurricane before getting locked inside the box.

I've also been having immeasurable luck with Wonder Trade; I have yet to see one Bidoof get traded to me.

12. LD579

Lucky :dry:

xD That sounds really cool, more seriously. I dunno how to breed Pokemon to get really good ones, and likely don't have the patience to do something when I'd just settle for less due to lack of care (That sounded better in my head). So :thumbsup: !

Also, we both got X!
    (Chromosomes! Kiddinggg :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

13. Lucky Oshawott

I find the Sushi High Roller to be rather pointless. You can only make back around half of what you spent to get in there. I'm fine with the 3 Star Restaurant.

14. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Djinn, you haven't gotten a bidoof yet? I've actually only gotten one, and I hadn't gotten a bidoof yet at that point, so I was like, "Yay new pokedex entry". Most of the time if I'm getting unlucky, I just get a lot of scatterbugs. I've gotten like seven. xD

15. Colours

Haha, I suppose you're right, but I count it as perfect because I don't need Attack on this fella. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks. :slight_smile:

True, true. Let's just say it looks perfect on paper, kind of... haha.

16. Lucky Oshawott

Many Bidoof's here... Though I've managed to get all 6 starters. (Gen 1/6) One person even sent a Froakie nicknamed: 'U R WELCOME' :grin:

17. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oshawott, I love that xD I have given out baby Froakies, but I never thought to name them U R WELCOME or anything like that. That person was neat xP

I got a Charmander in a wonder trade once. I have all Gen 1 and 6 starters myself now from trading and getting lucky. I think I'll try to see if I can find Gen 2 next :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Lucky Oshawott

That'd be great but since Pokemon Bank won't be out until December, people won't be able to get their hands on them yet. :frowning2: Unless they're in Friend Safari... In which case, I'd better start adding people. :grin:

19. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    True. And in my case I won't be getting Pokemon Bank. But, if I'm lucky, someone might have one somehow? Well, I haven't found any in Friend Safari yet...but that IS how I got my Ivysaur xD So it may be possible. May. x-o

20. Lucky Oshawott

Hopefully! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll definitely be getting Pokemon Bank. After putting over 250 Hours into Pokemon White 2, I finally managed to beat the Pokedex. I'll for sure be aspiring for that goal in X! :slight_smile: