1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemanz!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NickT, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Jordz

I got my copy of y this morning, The graphics are just awesome! I picked froakie as my starter and bulbasaur. And since there is the torchic event I also got him, so one of each type.

2. Ticklish Fish

3. Nomad187

Am I the only one who thinks every team flare guy is gay? They vogue at the beginnings of battles

4. blond

I just got x about two hours ago. I beat the first gym and got chespin, fletching, ledyba, budew,.
    And pikachu that i named pika. I feel like such a kid again THIS. IS. AWESOME!

5. Ritor365

Man, I'm surprised I picked Froakie...originally it was gonna be Fenny, and then I settled on Chespin for about a month before release...then literally at the last second I chose Froakie :/ He's awesome though! Got all 8 badges and about to head to the league.

BTW, quick question; does tipping actually do anything in game? I saw someone write somewhere (not here) that it increase the odds of finding a shiny...if that's true they can have all my flipping money :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Sully

I want X/Y SOOOOO bad but I don't have a DS!!!! Damn you world! Damn you!

7. Sully

Okay. I've just watched some gameplay vids and it looks SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER than I first thought!

All the pokemon look amazing 3D!

I've only heard good things! ARGH!

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really looking forward to playing Pokemon X/Y. Now that they've released the Nintendo 2DS I can play Pokemon. My bad vision makes it pretty much impossible to play a 3DS without getting a headache.

9. Nyanko

Surprisingly, 3D only turns on when you're in a battle, or during a special cut scene. Majority of the game is spent in 2D, which I found pretty cool. I get headaches from the 3D too, but the game is still very good without it.

10. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Even if the 3d were limited to just that, it would still be too much for me. After all, battles are the key of the game and some battles can be really long. Say if I'm battling the elite four in 3D...not only would I get a hate it but I'd have a hard time seeing the screen and not know what's going on.

I heard that Y and Z had a major glitch. Makes me glad I waited, because they'll surely repair it by the time I purchase the game.

11. Tim

Tim

It's rather simple: If you save outdoors in Lumiose City, it can cause your save file to be corrupted. People have figured out ways to fix it, but Nintendo suggests never saving outside in Lumiose, only in buildings, or out of the town.

They're working on a fix.

Correct me if I'm wrong ,can't you turn the 3D off?

The 2DS is just a 3DS without the 3D slider.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. You can play any game completely in 2D on any of the 3DS family of systems.

The 3D in Pokemon XY is really boring and only in a few areas so I've had it off for 95% of the game anyway.

13. m477

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Really enjoying Y. The virtual training and pokemon-amie (sp?) is pretty cool, but the benefits you get from it feel a bit like cheating; I only picked up charmander an hour ago, but both he and my froakie have already evolved! Does anyone else feel like this game is much easier than past versions?

14. Minamimoto_Fan

Yeah, I powered through the entire storyline just casually playing it for three days last week, and have been playing it on and off this weekend. My Blaziken has already reached lv 99 with little to no effort and the rest of my team is mid to late 80's

15. Colours

I find the game to be pretty easy as well - I got through every single gym in one try and even the pokemon league - I really blew each of them away, even the champion. And I hadn't even done any extra training and I wasn't using any overpowered pokemon or mega evolutions. I really like the game but I'd have preferred if it was more of a challenge. Previous games were a lot harder to beat.

16. Tim

Tim

[​IMG]

...interesting. (and for those spoiler conscious, the total number of new pokemon, not counting mega forms:slight_smile:

17. Sully

Maybe a load more pokemon will become available with the release of 'Z'?

18. Lucky Oshawott

This would probably mean that we couldn't interact between X/Y and Z? Seeing as these possible new Pokemon wouldn't exist in X/Y.

19. Sully

I don't have a DS so I don't know how it all works with the internet and events. Could it be some kind if down load for x/y?

20. Tim

Tim

The 3DS isn't the DS. They could release a free required DLC for X/Y that adds the new pokemon to them.

(As in, the next time you access the internet on the game, it would force the download to continue)