1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemanz!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NickT, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Three ways to code this

1. Have two different level mins for the two, thus one would be reached sooner than the other. Not the best fix but a possibility to consider
    2.One gets Propriety status, which means if both stats are able then one would happen, and since Espon is just day time it'd be simple to make it where the other evolves at night while not requiring lowering happiness.
    3.Set it to switch between the two after every fight till a form is chosen.

2. Ridiculous

All the others Japanese names are related to their type though aren't they? I know Jolteon and Vaporeon and Glaceon are at least.

The evolution method could be by trade, they haven't done that yet for Eevee. It would also fit in well with a Normal type, because trade-evolutions are pretty dull :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. SMTDaisoujou341

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope it's not a trade evolution. Nobody ever wants to give my pokemon back! If anything it'll probably be a new evolutionary stone or location.

4. shovelman

Or Eevee could evolve by the new "method" that is suppose to be introduced in the game.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Hhaha my friend made a joke that it looks like a soft grunge.. scene kid eevee. I think it's okay, it reminds me of Skyla in the form of a pokemon to be honest. Also, there was some sort of rumour going on that the new pokemon was a 'light' type.. what a joke. I'm going to place a bet that it's either going to be normal, dragon or psychic.

The legendaries look pretty neat though.

6. Tim

Tim

So, the current RUMOR. Key Word: RUMOR. is that Ninfia will be Nympheon in English and be a new type. As well as there being another eeveelution coming.

I'm interested to see if that ends up happening.

7. Ridiculous

I don't think there will be a new type, but I can see it being called Nympheon and I can see there being another Eeveelution to go with it. Seeing as the others have come in complementary pairs/trios*, and I think this one is a Normal type, I'd say the other one would be ghost or steel.

*grass + ice is kind of complementary, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Tim

Tim

If it ends up being a straight up normal type evolution, the second one to go with it is most likely dragon.

The current eeveelutions make up the special type attacks from before they changed the whole physical/special system. Dragon is the only special type that does not have one yet.

9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

What about ghost? Was that not a 'special' type as well or am I losing my memory :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Either way, I'm pretty disappointed with the new eeveelution's design. Honestly I feel as though it is REALLY lackluster.

10. Tim

Tim

Oddly, no. Ghost type moves were physical before the change.

And if it is a Normal-type evolution, it's lack of uniqueness is probably intended. Most normal types are "bland" in design. At least they made it a little different with the coloration and the bows, and those OMG ADORABLE eyes.

11. Acobi

Acobi Guest

That's true! Each eeveelution has one stat that is 130, I wonder what this new one's will be. I hope they don't take the honor from Vaporeon by giving it 130 base HP :O. But normal types usually have high HP stats in general.

12. Tim

Tim

I could see the 2nd one (if there is one) having the 130 in HP and the one released (if normal evolution) just having Eevee's stats increased, similar to most evolutions.

Imagine a Dragon-type with 130 HP. o_o

13. LeviZaneCarver

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EEEEKKK! I can't compute, I recently got Black and White 2 for Nintendo 3DS - It's not that bad of a game. I like it. ^_^ Hah, 130 a'? That's quite a number for a Dragon type. XD Just imagine the power that Pokemon would have...

14. Ridiculous

Giratina has 150hp! And it never dies!

I have seen that 'eeveelutions are old special types' thing before and it's true, although I wouldn't say that they are following that rather that they are following a rule that their types have to be the more ethereal ones, rather than the mundane ones like Fighting or Rock. I thinks it's just a coincidence that they were all special.

But then to counter that there's the fact (I think) that in Japanese, the Dark type doesn't have the same evil and mystical connotations that we, or at least I immediately think it does. It seems to be more about mischievousness and thuggery rather than 'dark-arts' kind of stuff, a dirty counterpart to Fighting, which doesn't fit into the ethereal-types-only group.

Anyway I'm not sure where I'm going with this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Out of all the ones that haven't been done, I think Ghost, Dragon, and Poison would match best with the theme they seem to have going for the ones that already exist.

15. Nomad187

I doubt there will be a new type (note I doubt it not saying there won't be because who knows) but they only added the two types in gold and silver for one reason really. Because psychic types were THE BIGGEST BITCHES ALIVE. So they made two new types to completely counteract them. Though a new type would be welcome as long as they don't try something stupid like triple type or some crazy shit like that.

16. Tim

Tim

Steels and Dragons are now the biggest bitches alive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: THey have very few weaknesses. xD

Anyway, official English name revealed:

[youtube]wh8oR_IAR6s[/youtube]

Sylveon.

Says Flying or Normal to me. It uses all normal moves it looks like, which tells me it's probably normal. (It uses something, then Trump Card, then Swift)

#1696 Tim, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  17. Ridiculous

That's definitely Normal type!
    If it's Flying then I will cry, they could have done something much more interesting for that type.

'Sylveon' is a bit strange for a Normal type though, 'silvan' means something relating to forests, i.e. a grass type.

Is the first move perhaps Focus Blast or Giga Impact?

18. Nomad187

Not really because both types are easily counter able and most people come ready to kick a dragons scaly ass. And just as many have fire in their arsenal. It's more dual types are big bitches. A Pokemon that has two types that eliminates some weaknesses while introducing none and not doubling existing ones (such as psychic/steel) are bitches. Also yea it looks normal to me and I like its design. I'm just that much more excited now

19. Tim

Tim

CoroCoro (the magazine the leaks come from) said more "secrets" regarding Sylveon will be released next month.

This is fueling the whole "new type" debate.

Especially since they kept the typing of the legendaries a secret as well. People seem to think the deer will share the new type with Sylveon.

Most people seem to think something opposite of Dark Type will be used. Not Light, as Fighting is that in Japan, but rather something like Holy, which would go against Evil, which is Dark-type's name in Japan.

20. Ticklish Fish

*headfuckingdesk*

I never understand the fandom with wanting light and dark. Dark type technically means something like "mean" and "sinister" and "cunning", as in the pokemon assigned those types or with those dark moves have a mean-spirit around them, but not necessarily making them evil since pokemon don't really do much of binary morality system.

BLAH.

also, sound and light? seriously? pokemon typing are either based on their discharge from body like fire type, electric type, poison or their body composition like steel, psychic, bug, rock, and ghost, or their behavior like fighting, or their habitat like water, grass, and ground.

Like, one would think Nintendo would have at least a logical reason to install a new typing >_>