1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

It really isn't that odd that her name isn't on the cover. The album isn't titled Lady GaGa, it's titled Born This Way. Her name is irrelevant.

2. Vinny

Yes but her name is on every other album she has released... you wouldn't really NOT have it on otherwise how would people know who the album was by?

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I don't know, her face is on it. I'm sure she wouldn't be the first artist to not have their name on their album cover.

4. Vinny

Well, I'll believe it when I'm holding my copy of BTW :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

5. Tym Misery

Tym Misery Guest

How to write a lady Gaga Song,

Pick one name/Word,
    Repeat over and over again,
    Slap in Gaga in there,
    Put religious spin on it
    Repeat.

Noted: How in the blue hell can't you people see this?

I'm starting to think that Lady Gaga is like Marilyn Manson and in it for the shock value, except Marilyn Manson is actually a college graduated journalist and very intelligent. I'm not so sure about Lady Gaga.

:thewave:

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Oh I don't know if I believe it either, or if I want to rather. Especially since the newest photo of the booklet just doesn't look real.

7. Jay

Jay

I have made a response to your Judas' review/interpretation. Thanks to anyone who reads it.

Religion, or at least the Catholic Church, has never stated that you will go to hell for one mistake. The Catholic Church knows humanity isn't perfect, it's obvious we're bound to make mistakes. That is why we seek the Lord's forgiveness, because we know we sin. I don't know where you got the bit where "religion expects you to be God yourself".

Judas was never punished for his actions. Where did you got that idea? After selling Jesus to the guards, he hung himself. If someone punished Judas, was himself. He killed himself after he realized what he had done. He couldn't live with the burden of selling Jesus for a bag with silver coins.

Why do you have the idea that God is not as important as before? There are still over a billion Christians (including Catholics, Anglicans, Protestants, Lutherans, and many many other denominations) and there are over a billion Buddhists and I am sure there are also over a billion people who profess Islam. How God is less important today?

Hell is a punishment you bring on yourself. No one sends you to hell, you send yourself by choosing your actions. You know, for example, that stealing is wrong. Yet you could choose to do it, so you should be punished. Also you know that stealing is a sin, yet you choose to do it, so of course God will allow punishment because you neglected the good and embraced the wrong.

How so?
    Judas loved Jesus, he most certainly did, that is why he hung himself because he couldn't believe he had done something so wrong to his beloved friend. However, I am more than sure that God forgave Judas for what he did because he allowed the biggest act of love to happen, the redemption of mankind. We wouldn't have Jesus without Judas.

So, while love made Judas kill himself (sink like a dead body), he allowed Jesus to fulfill his mission (redemption)

See above.
    What Gaga meant with this, I guess, is that many people judge you with the bible in their hands (and funny thing is, usually these people are crazy obsessed Christians like the WBC, and not Catholics). "Leviticus says you're going to hell for being GAY! (Catholicism states otherwise). Being a Lesbian is an abomination!!! the Bible says that!!!". For them, you're beyond repentance. For God, you're not.

People are judged for being themselves. People are also judged for speaking the truth. I guess hate and discrimination is some sort of punishment, right?

Which is happening. Society is moving forward in a really fast fast pace, Religion can't really keep up. That doesn't mean that one is worse than the other.

I guess it meant to be offended, not offenced. If not, can someone tell me what offenced means?

I think saying the "don't like it, don't read it/don't listen to it" is plain childish in my opinion, and it sucks if Gaga wrote that in that sense.

DISCLAIMER:
    I really don't want to start a discussion on this subject in the Gaga thread. If you're so very kind, please reply by dropping a PM or leave me a wall message. I know the way I see things is very, very different to the way most people here do, and I am not here trying to "shove" my beliefs down your throat. :slight_smile:

I also have to agree with something an anonymous person commented on Perez Hilton's article about Judas: Gaga fans have "Atheist Mode" on. I think that's true. I also think that it's a shame that Mother Monster is doing what she's doing, she is making the separation between the LGTB community and the Church even wider. And in the Gagavision episode when she was talking to the Radical Christian about God and how she said that God is in her show and how she loves God... I think she needs to stop looking at the fogged mirror and get her priorities straight.

I love Gaga, I think she is an amazing artist and I consider myself a little monster. I just don't think she is making the right choices.

My opinion about Judas (song):

The sick is beat. It's like Bad Romance, but better. WAY better. I just think it's a shame this song has a religions background. I don't think the song is anti-Church, the song is more anti-Obsessive Christians.

And I can't get the song out of my mind.

8. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

^It isn't really fair for you to post here and then ask people to not respond to you directly. If you don't want to talk about it in the thread, you probably shouldn't talk about it in the thread :/ .

Just saying!

9. Jay

Jay

I do want to talk about it, I just don't want things to get out of control v.v

10. JudasKissedHIM

The album is just a joke... A very good theory I read somewhere: Judas betrayed Jesus 3 times. Thus Gaga is going to betray us monsters 3 times. 1st betrayal = release of Judas earlier than promised. 2nd betrayal = this shitty album cover. 3rd betrayal = ??? Dont know yet. Maybe an early Judas music video release? Has anyone else heard this theory?

11. UnAmourFatal

You can't be serious about posting something like this ^ in a thread about Lady Queen of Pop Gaga on a GAY forum. If you're not sure about her education, do some research.

12. browneyedboy

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAy

well unfortunately its true that the motorbike image is the also an original album, the special edition is different and has just the head shot of lady gaga, and it says her name on the cover! Atleast we were half right!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Original Born This Way on Left, Special Edition Album on right.

ahhh so excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. thevre

judas only betrayed jesus once- it was peter who denied knowing jesus 3 times.

reading stuff like this only adds fuel to my hatred of her even more. just because someone's GAY does not mean they're batshit obsessed about the woman. (slash think she's a jesus to gay people.)

and to whoever said above that she's widening the gap between gays and religion i disagree... i mean just look at the btw lyrics.

as for judas... i really actually like it. i'm religious in a way (i stand up for catholicism whenever i can) and i don't know why anyone's getting offended over this... i just see religious symbolism which occurs in literature and movies all the freakin time. i do agree however that releasing the song so close to the end of lent was wrong... she should've given it like two weeks. but i do really like this song.

14. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I think Judas might be my favorite GaGa song. My itunes is fairly new so my top 25 is a good example of what I've been listening to recently and Judas is already number 2 and it is close to number one (Born This Way).

Also, I agree with thevre on everything except for the bit about hating her. When glbt people try and say you have to like her if you're gay I wonder if they even like her or are just going with what they think they're supposed to like.

I also don't understand why anyone would be offended by this song. It is only about a guy who is bad to her that she can't get over and it uses biblical references but not in an anti-christian way at all. If anything she says 'Jesus is my virtue and Judas is the demon I cling to.' So Jesus (the church?) is her virtue and Judas (this bad dude she's singing about) is a bad influence? She's praising the church, that's how I saw it at least. Art is interpretive obviously so everyone might see it different but I don't see why anyone would be offended.

15. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Don't see why I should have to PM you to respond to this when you posted this in the thread to begin with.

Thank you for correcting me on my false statements, but a lot of what you "corrected" were mere opinions and view points which can't be wrong, because they're different for everyone.

This post should be titled, "How to troll successfully."

Noted: How in the blue hell can't people see this?

#1615 Gothitil, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  16. Helen

Helen Guest

There are bits in Judas that sound QUITE A BIT like Bad Romance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so she's a bit naughty for not thinking of another catchy refrain. And the fact she says "baby" twice in two lines during the chorus kind of grates on my ears a bit because I'm weird like that.

But aside from that, I actually really like this one. It's grown on me a lot quicker than Born This Way did, anyway. :slight_smile:

As for the biblical references...I will say this and repeat it again at the end, I AM NOT RELIGIOUS AND I HAVE HAD NO RELIGIOUS EDUCATION WHATSOEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. But on a first impression, I really don't think the lyrics are particularly offensive to anyone, it does seem like she's just singing a song about a person in the Bible. :confused: I repeat, I am not religious and have had no religious education. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On that note, please try to keep things civil, this is a "Lady Gaga" thread, not a "people who only want to say positive things about Lady Gaga" thread. Well rounded polite discussions plz! ^_^

17. Allecto

Judas betrayed Jesus 4 days before his crucifixion. "Judas" was leaked 4 days before the intended release date. You do the math.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    browneyed forgot to post the image.

[​IMG]

Original on left, special edition on right.

19. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Good thing I am getting the special edition </3

20. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Ditto.

Also, don't know if any of you have seen this, but it is a parody of GaGa, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha. GaGa's part is especially funny, but the whole thing is pretty cute:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJTvpwsDx0U&[/YOUTUBE]