1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

^so true. That's why I don't really like her. I remember when she first came out I thought she was good but now I'm just sick of her being everywhere.

2. Beachboi92

i think when your talking about art and music and a person like lady Gaga there is really no point in arguing whatever point or opinion you have on her with someone who disagrees. She is like all other art/music/people. Some people will click with her, never grow tired of her and her antics, the way someone who bothers one person can be another's BFF and be good in small doses for some one else. You have people who see her as a shock artist, you have people who see her as crazy, you have people (like me) who thinks she is both and you could just as easily argue any point and never know cause you can't exactly read gaga's mind.

When it comes to her music you have people who will throw it into mainstream junk, people who will say mainstream is the good music, and every color in between. You will have people who hear the same song over and over, and you will have people like me who can listen to the Fame Monster for 8 hours and hear a different song every time. You will have people saying she is unoriginal and steals off people music and people saying that it is sampling like many other artists, and people who say who cares and think she is simply taking something and reinventing it while still making something good.

When it comes to the visual art of Gaga you will have people who say it is stupid, who say it is cool, who say it is crazy, or awesome, copying, etc etc and again the only person who will know wether it is actually her or some crazy farce is Gaga.

the difference i think is that i never see any other artist where when you experience the music, the look, or the person you always experience all the rest of it, wether it is a show or simply the incredible visuals that are put in your mind from what you have previously seen and experienced. She creates something transcending just one of those categories in my mind and in my experience, something that no one could tell me was not the right experience as i am the one who experiences it.

i personally think she is actually that crazy, that as a person she is eccentric, that she is a highly inspired artist in the way i feel i am in my drawing and painting. I think she is the epitome of contemporary art in the sense that everything has it's purpose and it's place and ties together. I love how she reinvents even her own work into something new and does her thing through whatever response she receives with the attitude of "this is what i created or put together and you can like it or not i don't care it is my art and it is the way i want it to be."

I could go on an on about why i love her and think she will be around forever and other people could go on and on about why they hate her using the same points that i give using different language because it is just not to their taste. But that is the nature of art. The moment someone calls it art it becomes it, it is simply the nature of the beast.

something to keep in mind for future posters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Moral of my story,
    If you are posting here to argue with someone or to work someone up about wether Gaga is good or bad etc you are
    1)wasting your time
    2)really like being annoying to people, therefore refer to number 1 with the addition of you are kind of a ........... anyways

my 2 cents

3. partietraumatic

Very good post. Music is subjective. You love her, I think she's ok, others hate her. Its stupid to argue about it.

Anyway i just wanted to clarify, with reference to your points 1 and2, that when i posted i was not trying to argue with someone, or saying that she was bad. I was just giving my opinion on a question posed, of whether she will last.

Just wanted to let people know that i wasn't trying to wind anyone up, was just giving my honest opinion :slight_smile:

4. Beachboi92

oh i wasn't posting at you partie xD i mean it may have been good for a few people in this thread to read from the sort of posts i have been seeing but not directed at anyone in particular.

on a much more important note i now have tickets to see her early admission on the floor so i will be right up next to the stage :grin: Concerts in February decided the later the concert i go to the more she will probably have changed and added to make it better as she is Gaga xD

5. Miss Bubbles

My dad hates her songs and says she is retarded!!! I was so pissed at him i let him have it verbally lol

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I read the Vanity Fair article (crazy long). It is awesome, I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't read it go and read it right now. (I hate that read and read are spelled the same.) Her comments on Hollywood. Her comment about facing her fear is great. (I would explain which fear I mean but then you wouldn't laugh as much when you read it.)

7. BeautifulStranger

8. AlyssWonderland

9. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

From the Staples Center the other night:

Talking to the crowd in between numbers, Gaga said she had been working so feverishly on new music that “I might have to put out two records” — music to the ears of her label, Interscope, a division of Universal. Gaga said she had just come from 72 straight hours in the studio, “so if I seem a little crazy, it’s because I’m a little crazy right now.”

Two records :O ?! Sexy :grin:.

10. Beachboi92

^id be so happy haha

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was there!! :grin: I saw her concert at the staples centre on Wednesday 11th.

SHE WAS INCREDIBLE!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

12. Two albums possibly? Thats kinda...awesome xD

I mean, I have my opinions of Gaga that most of you always wont agree with, but one thing I do love about her, is that she don't bullshit about her music. She seems to always be in this creative mindset and always ready to release more music into the world unlike some other artists who I think just fuck around for a few months while their fans wait *looks at Katy Perry*

13. This. This times a billion.:kiss:

14. Aw(*hug*) I mean, I ain't no Katy Perry fan (California Gurls makes me kinda wanna barf) but if I was, I would be pissed at her.

I have a true passion for music and if I was big recording artist like her, I would be in the studio all the fucking time! It just proves to me that she really isn't as passionate as Gaga is =P Still a cool pop musician, but the passion is non existent to me.

15. I agree about Perry. She rises to fame by exploiting bisexual stereotypes, and then she continues with a string of utterly generic "slut-pop" songs. Then she drops off the face of the earth for a year or two. Now she comes back, worse than ever with California Gurls, a song that is no better than a lobotomy or a root canal without anesthesia. And that Candyland-ripoff video for the song? Christ almighty! :eusa_doh:

But yeah, I highly admire Gaga's passion for her craft. I don't care for her, but I can appreciate what she does. She really does makes her peers look like crap. I can tell that she isn't going away any time soon, or at the very least she'd put up a good fight before fading into total obscurity. Because of her dedication to putting out material, I think her new title (the Johnny Cash of modern pop) is very well-deserved. :eusa_clap

16. Paper Heart

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM[/YOUTUBE]

I absolutely love Gaga whether she's belting out on the piano or making her tits explode. She's just incredible, simple as that.

17. FrostedLemon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lol'd.

I saw Gaga's tour bus yesterday on the highway, it was sooo cool :eek: wish I was on it.

18. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Oh my god, I love that video.

19. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

20. Allecto

Has anybody else heard "You And I"? She should do more songs like that; it's probably one of her best songs.