1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(For Men) Masculine or Feminine?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joezimm48, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Phantasma

I have a problem with this. Whether you intended for it to read this way or not..

Why is the way straight people act "normal"? I know you didn't state that gay people act abnormal, but it kind of comes off like it when you state "normal like a straight person." It's completely possible to be/act like a normal person when you're gay.. you don't need to emulate "straightness" to be normal. Straight does not equal normal.

Again, I'm not attacking you, I don't think you meant for it to come off like that.. but it did, to me at least.

2. joezimm48

Sorry that wasn't me, it was my fried bea. I have no idea what she was sayin:confused:

3. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

no matter who said it i get what was meant by that comment. mot that im saying its right btw.

anyways i actually prefer ur average guy really. i dont really get why some guys have to act so feminine but if they are happy that way thats for them.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Masculine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Miss Bubbles

Prefer someone who isnt nuts lol.

6. olides84

Yeah, not being nuts is always preferable :icon_wink But yeah, I've noticed I'm more attracted to feminine rather than masculine guys. But that's not even close to being the important thing in my book.

7. Goethe

i prefer masculine guys! i like those rough men with rugged edges lol.

8. Bernard1992

I agree with this but some people are exceptions.

9. Woot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Normal with a hint of feminine is fine with me ^^

10. Gumtree

I use to be exclusively interested in the really masculine guys, but in the past few months I have moved to a totally neutral position.

I sincerely do not care anymore.

It would be so far down my priority list of what to look for in a guy it would be insignificant.

I blame Mardi Gras :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. TyraBanksIsFierce

12. Markio

Physically masculine with feminine mannerisms, or physically feminine is okay with masculine mannerisms.

13. Peter

I am not turned out by either drag queens (though I enjoy their company and their humour) or Sylvester Stalone (no detectable sign of humour). More towards the manly side of the middle...

As to the other discussion that interfered, "normal" means belonging to the norm, the middle-of-the-road, the average, the majority. Therefore straight is more normal, but who wants to be average? I consider myself not as abnormal, but am happy to be away from the centre of the bell-curve, in other words, eccentric.

14. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Oh jeez I hope for my sake that most people don't agree with this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All of my gay friends are very feminine. I'm just not attracted to feminine guys. I love them to death, my gay friends are also some of my best friends but I'm not attracted to them at all. I think I would most like someone in the middle maybe leaning ever so slightly towards masculine. I mean I would probably be in the middle leaning towards feminine so I would obviously be attracted to my opposite as science teaches us.

15. joezimm48

Hah i think all the femmies are loosing the the manly side
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

16. Emberstone

I would rather have a more masculine guy than a more femme guy. That doesnt mean I want a full on butch with a masochistic mentality, but my experince around femme guys is that they tend to be more shallow the more femme they are. I also from experince found they can be more critical, in a rude way about other people.

I want someone with a good heart, who is not trying to be all Ant on gayroids. I am not hugely femme of masculine. I work out *rarely only when I can be bothered* and just am myself.

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd just like to mention I've encountered several traditionally masculine guys who are plenty shallow, if you ask me. I know the type of shallowness you're referring to but I don't think shallow is really overall less pronounced on the other end of the gendered behaviour spectrum.

There was that post a few messages back about the guy living with 3 other guys and the 3 other guys sounded plenty masculine and also plenty shallow. Obviously we're all talking in all of generalizations here but while I think femme guys can be shallow, I don't think they're gonna necessarily be any more likely to be so than butch ones--it probably just expresses in a different way.

----------

I didn't realise it was a contest. :eusa_doh:

18. interstella

Feminine, most def. Overtly masculine guys are SUCH a turn off.

19. joezimm48

It's not just noticing

20. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the middle I guess. I like masculine guys but with feelings and a soul. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

"I want someone with a good heart, who is not trying to be all Ant on gayroids."

^This