1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grammy awards

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by dude99, Feb 1, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Any of you guys watched the grammy awards? I did on some of it and it was quite good.
    What do you think the highlight was for the night? For me it was Michael Jackson 3D tribute song and when Michael Jackson 2 eldest children came out to accept the posthumourous lifetime achievement award.

[​IMG]

Well the funniest moment was the dress lady ga ga dressed in. Yet it looked quite cool.

[​IMG]

In addition you think Taylor swift deserved to be grammy award for album of the year 'fearless'?

#1 dude99, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  2. Milord

Lady GaGa was awesome! As usual. Her dress on the red carpet <3 and her performance with Elton John : wow!

3. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well just watched Lady Gaga on youtube and it was really cool.

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Taylor Swift is great there is no denying that. Lady GaGa however has more talent in her left pinky nail then Taylor Swift ever could so I think it is the most ridiculous thing in the world for GaGa to have lost to Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is nothing when compared to GaGa.

5. Johnnieguy

I love Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is just as deserving for album of the year as any of the rest of the mega stars.

6. adam88

Lady Gaga is dressed as a tornado! :grin:

Certainly very creative, but not quite at Bjork levels of craziness.

7. GhostDog

To be fair, Bjork set the bar pretty high, at least for all around craziness. DON'T LET THE POETS LIE TO YOU.

But I quite liked the Grammy's. The Elton John and Lady Gaga duet was kind of perfect. <3 Also, loved Pink, but that is no surprise. Not that I'm obsessed or anything! >.>

#7 GhostDog, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  8. Connor22

if I'm not mistaken that thing she's holding is one of our christmas decorations, OI GAGA WE WANT OUR STAR BACK! oj

9. frostreaver

I'm glad Lady Gaga did not go home empty handed.

I like Beyonce but 16x Grammy winner seems a bit too much, too soon lol.

10. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sure Kanye shat himself when Taylor won album of the year. :roflmao:

11. Greggers

Did anyone listen to Taylor Swift? I mean, *really* listen?

No, she does not deserve that Grammy over GaGa/Beyonce. Give her the country awards, sure (mainly because I dont care about them), but the girl cannot sing live. To borrow a Simon, she is very karaoke bar. GaGa does alot of electro/pop/dance and all, but when she ballads, she ballads HARD! And Beyonce, well, no need to even say why she deserves it more. She just does.

The best part of the night is when that one country group Lady Anabellawhata or something did their song. If you close your eyes during it, the girl sounds like a less pitchy Taylor Swift xD It made me LOL hard.

Give me a pen and paper and I will write you a CD full of "Im a teenage girl and I love this boy/hate this boy/wish this boy loved me/want this boy/broke up with this boy" and then let's see if people fawn over me because I wrote my own CD.

12. Agreed, Bjorks nuttiness will NEVER be outdone by ANYONE! And i find her talking about the insisdes of televisions strangely soothing to my ears :slight_smile:

I thought Pinks performance pwned everyone! Gaga and Beyonce floundered in my opinion. Pink had a very exciting performance and the fact that she was able to sing so well while hanging from tissue paper suspended every high in the air was impressive. Im not even a Pink fan and i liked it the best.

And of course the Michael tribute was awesome. Jennifer Hudson and Celine were great, i would have picked someone other than Usher and Carrie Underwood, but they were nice.

13. GhostDog

Bjork is a master at being bizarre. I have no idea if she really is just that crazy, or if it's a persona, but whatever it is, it works. She's just so strange and wonderful! It really pleases me seeing emerging musicians cite her as inspiration, too. Bjork has done such amazing musical things.

But the grammys! Man, Pink was definitely my favorite. She always is whenever she's on shows like that. <3 Not, uh, that the MASSIVE CRUSH I have on her skews my opinion in any way, shape, or form, though. No, no, of course not.

But, dude, anyone who can sing, without lip syncing, while swinging from a trapeze or a silk thing and still sound amazing? Hell yes. Loooove her. <3

14. thevre

I still think GaGa and Beyonce should have done Telephone live together.

THAT song is hella beast. And my favorite song by GaGa... by FAR.

15. Jame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow pink was amazing, loved gagas performance aswell.

16. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I loved Gaga's and Pink's performances. (And I agree with the poster who said Gaga and Beyonce should have done Telephone together. That would have been a perfect way to close the show.)

I wish Gaga would have won something at the show, I mean, 4 number one hits off of her debut album that were all fantastic, and I really think she deserved it more than King of Leon and Taylor Swift. I would have been ok with a Beyonce sweep as well though.

Oh, and I can't believe they brought the Jackson children on stage to speak. Michael Jackson worked his whole life to protect them from this kind of stuff, and as soon as he is dead they are out making appearances. I don't know who made the decision to do that, but shame on them.

17. I actually thought it was quite heartwarming they they went on stage to speak. I don't think they are being exploited or taken advantage of in any way. And I don't believe they would have spoken on the Grammys or at his memorial service if they didn't want to.

18. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I just feel like MJ made such a point of keeping them out of the public eye that his wishes should have been respected. His kids are what, 13 and 11? I don't know if they wanted to do this or not...or if they are even old enough to totally make this decision. Either way, I didn't think it was right. I feel like a good guardian who respected MJ's wishes wouldn't have allowed it.

19. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    Dem dere's fighting words with the rock community *shakes fist*.

Kings of Leon completely deserved to be there, the disc "only by the night" is absolutely AMAZING, filled with only great tunes. (and I grabbed "because of the times" and only liked 2 songs from it)

Anyways, I enjoyed the performances of both Pink and Lady Gaga (although I haven't seen the Gaga one yet ^.^; )

20. Shevanel

^
    Kings of Leon is/are not Rock.

Yes, I just went there.