1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second adolescence for gay people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mugwump, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Yannee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can definitely relate to this. Not quite there yet with flirting with anyone, but I finally let myself notice hot guys around me and think "Hm, that's one hot guy right there, nice"

2. Jeimuzu

Hahaha I've just never grown up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i crush on people all the time....

don't know how you all manage not get crushes.

4. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been having a delayed adolescence ever since I came out to myself two years ago. Before I did notice hot guys, but didn't reallyallow myself to be too attracted to them. Had to "get the gay outta my system," you know. (And it worked SO well.... :rolleyes:slight_smile: Anyway, when I did come out and admit I was gay, then the crushes began to hit me like a freight train. Yeah, now I'm still in the "OMG, he's so HOT!!!" mindset. And I love it. :icon_bigg

5. Mickey

When people say I act like I'm going through my second childhood,I tell them that I'm not done with the first one yet!
    Live,Love and have Fun!

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG this topic reminds me of what Debbie Novotny told Emmett in Queer as Folk when he saw his boyfriend Drew kissing another man.

Basically even if you're a forty year old gay man, if you've just come out, you're still "17" because the world is now a candy store and you can be yourself and just go after everyone of the same sex (or both sexes if bisexual). So yeah I'd definitely say we go through two adolescence. Well except MAYBE teens who are coming out the same time they're going through adolescence lol. But like if you're 16 or 17, you kinda go through like you're 13 or something because you start noticing guys or girls and that results in you starting to crush and everything. Me I'm 21, and I still find I'm looking at tons of other guys and haven't found a stable relationship, though at the same time, it's kind of more the other guy's fault as he is the one always dumping me :S.

#26 Revan, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. HackmanWIU

Completely able to relate.

8. Johnnieguy

Yes..Definitely. Now that I am out, it's possible for me to express the feelings I've been suppressing for the better part of a decade..So I do kind of feel like I am 12 or 13 again, but since I'm an adult now-I've got more responsibilities and can't just make finding a boyfriend my top priority..even though that's kind of what I want to do!

9. greyhighlands

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so there right now. I have admitted to myself that I am meant to be with a guy for the rest of my life - and recently let myself start exploring how my life is going to work going forward. God - the fun going to Zippers in Toronto or Lavish in London is amazing! I didn't "let loose' during my 'straight' adolescence - so I feel like I need to make up for lost time. I am seeing so many hot guys now. Trouble is, I waited so long to begin 'coming out' that I feel like a creeper liking what a twenty-something guy looks like.