Ke$ha next Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Andromeda, Jan 1, 2010.

1. xCrazyInsanity

To be fair, the two songs are totally different styles and wouldn't be great to compaire -- maybe that one, and paparazzi? -- but I would agree, this kesha-whatever chick sucks

Allow me a chance to flame, shall we? lol
    I freaking love lady gaga. Amazing performances, she can actually sing(i'm getting there), and frankly, she's good. Catch pop, yes. Something beyond that, again yes

Wannabe over there sounds drunk, the live ones I've found sound no different from the cd version (which means she's lip-synking, rather than true talent).
    And, sorry this one's petty, but ratty badly teased dirty hair does NOT have the same appeal as a giant bow of your hair(extentions? whatever)

Anyway, i think she's just a wannabe who isn't gonna take off unlses she stops trying to be a coppy cat
    (and who spells with a $ anyway?)

2. mattypants

excuse me, but we all know that kanye west declared himself the voice of our generation :rolleyes:

3. Fiorino

Okay, here is my opinion:

Ke$ha's new single "Tik Tok" is a very catchy dance song. But as far as I can tell she seems to just be another drone of the music industry and on top of that, her voice isn't that great. That and she seems to have NO class whatsoever. Maybe if she's lucky she won't be a one-hit wonder, but I still don't see her becoming as revered and controvertial as Gaga.

Lady Gaga is more than just a puppet of a record company, she writes her songs for starters, she has an amazing voice, she also has a very unique fashion sense which definitely gets her a lot of attention, sometimes good sometimes bad. She also has CLASS, and by challenging societies' role of a woman, she differentiates herself from the pop divas who sing about opening up their legs for the next guy in line.

Someone compared Ke$ha to Katy Pery, but I don't really see the link, yes, "I kissed a girl" was controvertial, but they still have very different styles, Katy Pery kind of has that "retro-chic" thing going on. She's not some random skank hungry for her 15 minutes of fame.

I apologize if I was a little mean in my analysis, just my personal observations...

4. haelmarie

"Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk/Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk"

The message I take from that:

"Hey it's totally cool if guys make unwanted sexual advances on you, because it just means your super-cool and super-pretty!"

Come on Ke$ha. As if victims of sexual harassment didn't have enough trouble being taken seriously.

Also, learn that using a dollar sign instead of an "S" is pretty much the lamest thing ever.

5. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ke$ha and Katy Perry are friends....

scroll down to the 8th comment (from top to bottom)

http://comment.myspace.com/index.cf...3327&page=180&state=9025!50!181!263736!263706

that's Ke$ha page

and neither were famous at the time

6. Phantasma

This. Pretty much the sole reason I refuse to like her.

7. mattypants

would this be an improvement on 'ke$ha'? :lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL2X44F40TI[/YOUTUBE]

8. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kesha's just...no. Just no.

She relies on autotune way too much. And she doesn't really have that great of a voice -- I was unfortunate enough to find a live version of Tik Tok...so much bad...

Though I wouldn't mind her as much if she didn't write horrible songs that glorify being a drunk ho. (And really, what DOES P. Diddy feel like in the morning?)

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100112160754AAa00ac

10. xCrazyInsanity

:roflmao:
    I love these stupid parodies

11. Mister Gaga

Huuum...Ke$ha... huum

Lemme think it over...

No need to think actually, Tik Tok is commercially good, but I think she's just a non-singing auto-tune Britney to be and a Madonna has been, I don't even need to compare her to Lady GaGa.

Oh, and the $...

12. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    take it off is a pretty fun song...

13. retrograde

retrograde Guest

I can't say for sure without being biased, because I've only heard one song by Ke$ha. Though, based on that song, I like Lady GaGa's music a lot more.

14. MusicIsLife

Ive only heard one song by ke$ha, and that was not by choice on new years eve.

It strongly reminds me of Paris Hilton trying to make a record, remember stars are blind? Same concept of using electronics to mask the fact that the person in question is completely devoid of any musical talent whatsoever.

Lady Gaga all the way! :grin:

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought I'd add more of an opinion. Ke$ha seems like a whore who can't sing, songwrite, or anything else except be a face to a song that someone else wrote, and someone else edited the crap out of her voice for.

Lady gaga has a good voice, writes her songs, is not just a singer but an entertainer, seems to really care about her fans and making good preformances, etc, and has a good message... to be yourself... And she seems very genuine.

16. ANightDude

Ke$ha has one good song. She's also a total moron. She's a whore, skank bitch idiot who says its okay to be a drunk hoe. She clearly has an issue going on there, not to mention her use of auto-tune and not writing her own songs (I believe).

Now GaGa... that's a true woman. She cares about her fans more than herself at times, and she's different in a way no ones ever been. She should be remembered for that.