1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Survey

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by SilhouetteDream, Dec 22, 2009.

1. flymetothemoon

Part I
    1. What does your stocking look like?
    It is hand knit and it has my name and a Santa Clause on it

2. Favorite cookie?
    oreo balls

3. Do you leave out cookies still?
    Yes, but I have two younger sisters, and one still believes in Santa, so we kinda have to...

4. Enjoy shopping in large crowds?
    Actually, I don't really mind it too much...

5. Favorite Christmas song?
    Baby it's cold outside

6. Are you the one to get everyone up on Christmas morning? If not, who is?
    Nope, my sisters...

7. Are your presents usually wrapped in more serious, decorative wrapping paper (patterns, designs, etc) or cutsey (snowmen, reindeer, etc)?
    some of both...

8. Usual stocking stuffers you get?
    Deodorant, bath stuff, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush...clearly, Santa is VERY concerned about my hygeine...always has been lol

9. Most memorable present you ever got?
    Hm...well this year, the most memorable was definitely my wall clock. I'm VERY excited about it! As for ever, I think probably my Wicked tickets...

10. Did you have to dress up in a holiday outfit when you were a kid?
    Yes. For church. My grandma always got me a Christmas outfit for church, up until this year. This year was the first time I didn't get one and had to find something on my own to wear for church...so clearly not just when I was a kid since I'm 23 now lol

11. Are your parents, family members, friends, etc generally good at giving good gifts?
    Yeah, usually. I rarely get something I can't stand. Sometimes I get things and wonder what I will do with them but usually they get just the right thing.

12. Do you get the dreaded hand knitted sweater gift from any of your relatives?
    haha no. I did get a hand knitted scarf once, but it was very nice actually...

13. Do you like candy canes?
    Not really...

14. Besides the tree and outside, are any other parts of your house decorated?
    Um, I have a few things up in my apartment but not much. At my parents house, other things are definitely decorated.

15. Do you have a Christmas breakfast?
    Yes. We have this egg, cheese, sausage, and peppers casserole and my grandma makes Christmas bread...mmmmmm...so good!

16. Does/Did your mom/dad make or made you clean your room "for when Santa comes"?
    haha no, but I'm also not home to make it a mess so it was pretty clean...

17. Put food out for the reindeers?
    Yes, they get carrots. And usually we leave out a "Rudolph cookie" for Rudolph. They are oatmeal cookies with a cherry in the middle.

18. Most memorable Christmas?
    Hm...probably this one, tbh...

19. Who do you like to buy gifts for the most?
    My sisters, theyre fun because they are little and will appreciate most anything

20. Believe in Santa Claus?
    No but I believe in the spirit of Santa Clause making people be more generous at Christmas time...

PART II
    1. When do you open/look at your stocking? Before you open presents, or after?
    After presents

2. Do you just rip into your presents or take your time opening them?
    Rip em open!

3. Are you the type that would stop opening gifts to open and play with something you just got?
    No, I like to see everything first.

4. Ever try to stay up all night to see Santa?
    haha yes

5. Have you ever been really dissapointed that you didn't get something that you wanted on Christmas morning?
    Not really, I mean there have been things I have wanted and not gotten, but I'm much more likely to appreciate what I get than to be upset about what I didn't get.

6. Describe Christmas dinner?
    Turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, squash, mashed potatoes, sweet potato rolls, crescent rolls, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce...LOOOOOTS of food lol

7. Describe Christmas eve dinner?
    We go to a party and it is a potluck, so it changes year to year...

8. What time do you open presents?
    We get some from family friends on Christmas eve at night (around like 9ish), and then we get everything else on Christmas morning at around 7:30/8ish

9. Do you get excited and find it hard to sleep on Christmas eve?
    No

10. What gifts did you get for people this year?
    Oh gosh...I got a ton of stuff for people...my sisters each got a water bottle and some Walt Disney World pins...my mom and dad got a Bluray player, my brother got a Walmart gift card and some assorted stuff I thought would be useful to him in college, my grandpa got an Ireland calendar, my grandma and great aunt got sweaters, my aunt got the last Twilight book...I think that might be it..

11. Do you take a family Christmas photo?
    Yes, after church on Christmas eve.

12. Do you go out on Christmas, visit family? Do people go to your house?
    They come here.

2. justinishere

I know its late but this seemed like fun! :slight_smile:

Part I
    Haha it's in the shape of Elmo :slight_smile: My sister picked it out for me :slight_smile:

2. Favorite cookie?
    The Thumbprint Cookies that have Jam in the middle :slight_smile:

For my sister who is 7, and I get to eat them :slight_smile:

I'm more of an alone or +1 shopper. Easier and more fun to shop by yourself :slight_smile:

Last Christmas by Wham!

Haha not at all! I'm probably the last one! It's normally my sister because she want to get under the tree!

7. Are your presents usually wrapped in more serious, decorative wrapping paper (patterns, designs, etc) or cutsey (snowmen, reindeer, etc)?
    The Cutsey Kiddie Christmas fun wrap! Love the snowmen!!

Candies, little puzzles, and gift cards

I remember my parents buying me my first cell phone that I have always wanted for so long :slight_smile:

Haha I did but I enjoyed it! That's why I still do it now :slight_smile:

11. Are your parents, family members, friends, etc generally good at giving good gifts?
    Yup! This year all of my family gave me great gifts!

12. Do you get the dreaded hand knitted sweater gift from any of your relatives?
    No! Thank god! Not a big fan of those :lol:

Not particularly... they remind me of toothpaste :lol:

Of course! Stair rail, mantle, tables everything that I can!

Yes! A must before presents :slight_smile:

16. Does/Did your mom/dad make or made you clean your room "for when Santa comes"?
    Haha no Santa!

My sister puts out carrots which are great because I get my grater and grate them :eusa_danc

I think this year because it wasn't about the gifts but the fact that I got to see my family that I haven't seen in a while and missed so much!

I love to buy gifts for my cousins because we always do gag gifts plus a real gift or we leave clues on where to find the gifts

Nope, but you never know these days!

PART II
    Before

Depends what I get and then move on.

3. Are you the type that would stop opening gifts to open and play with something you just got?
    Haha yeah I would always do that for some reason :slight_smile:

Haha nope need the beauty sleep (!)

5. Have you ever been really dissapointed that you didn't get something that you wanted on Christmas morning?
    Yeah there have been times

Good food, great family, lots of laughter

Same as Christmas dinner!

After breakfast both days. Normally Christmas Eve only one present and then the rest the real day

Every once in a while I will get antsy I won't lie :roflmao:

I didn't get alot of stuff for people except baked goods, and small gifts. We all said we really just want to be around each other eat good food and just have a good time

Yes! Every year! Memories!

We switch off

3. musican

Part I
    It's green and has white fake fur on the top

2. Favorite cookie?
    Magic Cookie Bar

I don't know if we did this year, but I know we did last year as well as carrots for the reindeer

Yup

I don't really like Christmas songs, but I guess I'd have to go with Maybe Next Year by Meiko

Nope, I have problems sleeping so I'm never the first one up, haha. My younger sister has been waking everyone up

More of them are wrapped in cutesy paper, but there are some with serious paper

Candy, duh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Usually a chapstick

Crap, whenever someone says memorable I forget everything... pass?

My dad used to make Christmas pjs for my sisters and I, so yes if that counts.

My mom and I have a strong connection and she's a really cool lady so she's good at finding gifts, my dad has his heart in the right place but sometimes misses the mark, haha

No, thank god. I'd hate to have to pretend to be excited or glad or *shivers* have to wear it... :O

What kind of question is that?! Ask what kind I like best instead :slight_smile: (it's a tie between chocolate mint and lemon)

My living room gets decorated because that's where the tree is put. Sometimes my sisters or I will make snowflakes or something and put them up in our rooms

Yes! Cinnamon rolls

I can't remember that ever being an issue... it might have been suggested, but not strongly enough that I remember (but we know how I am with remembering)

I told you carrots :slight_smile:

There's that word again... pass?

I think my mom is the most fun to buy for because she is really appreciative and it makes me feel good

Of course, what are you talking about "believe in Santa?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

PART II
    1.When do you open/look at your stocking? Before you open presents, or after?
    before

Rip into them usually. There was one time I really liked the paper so I took my time so I didn't rip it xD

Haha, that sounds like something I would do, but only if I was waiting for my other gifts to be passed out to me. I'd feel bad about not opening my presents quickly, plus, knowing my family, they'd joke about taking my presents away

Not that I can remember. I do remember getting up in the middle of the night and tip-toeing out to the tree to see if Santa had been there yet.

Yea, but I either got if for myself or got over it

Similar to Thanksgiving usually, there's more food than there are people

We don't do anything special really. This year we had phone up pizza so we didn't have any dirty dishes xD

When everyone gets out of bed and has breakfast

I have a tough time falling asleep and staying asleep in general..

Cookie cutters, earrings, a dragon statue, a DVD, and mix cd's

Nope. I don't think we've ever gotten a professional family photo

Extended family Christmas is usually before the actual day and then we stay home. Extended family Christmas has been at my Aunt's house ever since my grandma passed away

4. litebrite

litebrite Guest

Part I
    Regular red with fuzzy white top

2. Favorite cookie?
    Those ones with the kisses on top!

Nope....my cat would probably eat em

I don't mind it but then again I just like to shop so that might be why

Hmmmm I don't know

Oh yeah! I have an internal alarm set for "crazy early" on Christmas morning

Depends on what it is and who it's for

Little stuff or "oops I forgot that you needed this to go with the gift I already wrapped" oh and the coolest fuzzy socks ever this year!

A Nintendo when I was little!

Thankfully no

For the most part yeah!

Never once

Mmmm...minty :icon_bigg

Yeah! Candles, holly stuff, nutcrackers you name it

Who has time for that when there are presents to open?

Nope

Nope

Any one when I used to live up north when it would snow on Christmas

Oh I'm a great gift buyer so I guess everybody

Maybe when I was eight I think

PART II
    Before presents

I feel bad wrecking the wrapping paper so I start off being careful lol

No...gotta open em all first

Haha...a couple times yeah

I usually get great stuff so not really

Ham or turkey and a whole bunch of other stuff

Don't usually do one

First thing in the morning

Yeah...still lol

Clothes, video games, makeup, a purse, clothes, clothes....

No

Usually go to see family/friends

5. huskyboy132

huskyboy132 Guest

Lets do this.

Part I
    1. What does your stocking look like? Dont have one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Favorite cookie? Idk!

3. Do you leave out cookies still? Nope

4. Enjoy shopping in large crowds? Yes

5. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Tree - Lady GaGa

6. Are you the one to get everyone up on Christmas morning? If not, who is? nope :slight_smile: nobody actually.

7. Are your presents usually wrapped in more serious, decorative wrapping paper (patterns, designs, etc) or cutsey (snowmen, reindeer, etc)? Cutesy :slight_smile:

8. Usual stocking stuffers you get? lol i dont have a stocking!

9. Most memorable present you ever got? my laptop :slight_smile:

10. Did you have to dress up in a holiday outfit when you were a kid? haha yes

11. Are your parents, family members, friends, etc generally good at giving good gifts? OH YES.

12. Do you get the dreaded hand knitted sweater gift from any of your relatives? nope.

13. Do you like candy canes? kinda

14. Besides the tree and outside, are any other parts of your house decorated? my bed. jkjk nope

15. Do you have a Christmas breakfast? Yes

16. Does/Did your mom/dad make or made you clean your room "for when Santa comes"? nope

17. Put food out for the reindeers? nope

18. Most memorable Christmas? my laptop christmas :slight_smile:

19. Who do you like to buy gifts for the most? i dont xD

20. Believe in Santa Claus? sure :grin:

PART II
    1. When do you open/look at your stocking? Before you open presents, or after? dont have a freaking stocking.

2. Do you just rip into your presents or take your time opening them? RIP.

3. Are you the type that would stop opening gifts to open and play with something you just got? Noperz!

4. Ever try to stay up all night to see Santa? nahh

5. Have you ever been really dissapointed that you didn't get something that you wanted on Christmas morning? meh. nope. im spoiled :wink:

6. Describe Christmas dinner? Fishy.

7. Describe Christmas eve dinner? FISHY.

8. What time do you open presents? Before Dinner on 25th.

9. Do you get excited and find it hard to sleep on Christmas eve? nope.

10. What gifts did you get for people this year? none! im so Ungenerous.

11. Do you take a family Christmas photo? yeppp

12. Do you go out on Christmas, visit family? Do people go to your house? nope. Siblings fly in and thats it.

6. xCrazyInsanity

Part I
    Has a tree made of buttons i sewed on
    2. Favorite cookie?
    MY sugar cookies. They's be soft dammit!
    what?
    Hellll naw. I don't like crowds period
    You don't want to know
    No, my kid brothers are
    Some of both. Whatever was on clearance the year before
    candy, gloves, last year I got headphones
    Hm.. probably when I got my iPod
    when i was little yeah
    No.. haha I've given up on asking for spefific things, just hand me cash
    I dn't get those, thank god
    YESH
    And outside? We don't even do that
    No..
    wtf? no santa doesn't come in my bedroom, he comes in the living room
    no. I used to live in an appartment, and it just never occoured to me
    :confused: i dunno
    ma friends
    not anymore. it got spoilt in 1st grade

PART II
    before, and my stocking stuffers are wraped
    i take time, cause i don't get a lot to unwrap
    That sounds dirty
    no
    Yeah, i have been
    ham?
    whatever's in the fridge?
    as soon as my mom gets up
    not anymore
    mostly odd things that i know they appreciate
    photos, but yes
    no..and no :frowning2: