Chris Crocker.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor22, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ArcusPuer

he really misrepresents the gay community and I dislike him.

2. calstad

i feel ya phantasma.
    be that it may im no regular viewer of his
    he is somewhat amusing to me tho.

and i agree on the point you made about people being haters wether or not they see him and think every gay is like that. the uneducated will revel in their ignorance anyhow.

3. olides84

Meh. But he doesn't represent the gay community any more than Tinky Winky. And Phantasma has it right, don't put blame on Chris Crocker or any other outrageous personality for anti-gay hate. Blame the haters.

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree, I'm not a fan of Chris (I'm more "eh... meh") about him, but staunch homophobes will always find something to hate gays for; if Chris Crocker never existed they'd just hate on someone else.

5. SRSLYMARK

Exactly. I feel like this same issue comes up whenever gay people discuss Pride - we automatically assume that we are going to be associated with something we don't like, just because we're both gay. That's completely ridiculous. Even within a sub-culture, you should expect diversity, and expect to find things that aren't to your taste - SHUT UP and don't participate! Don't try to make others feel bad by saying it gives the gay community a "bad rap." If Chris Crocker or drag queens or the Pride parade didn't exist, anti-gay groups would find another thing to attack us for.

6. 507bro

jeffree star > chris crocker

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't hate you for liking him, but I think it's wrong he exists on youtube because he gives the homophobes more fuel for their fire >_> That's all.

8. Phantasma

But is it his fault that they choose to use his existence as fuel for their hatred? No. If they want their fire to continue burning, they're going to find some wood somewhere. Homophobic people would not suddenly repent from hated if Chris disappeared, they would simply turn to the next nearest target. People who want to hate are going to find a way to hate, simple as that. I think it's silly to point a finger at Chris Crocker or any "loud" or "flamy" person such as him and say it's his fault that homophobes are able to act in the manner that they do. No one person is responsible. That's all I'm trying to say.. that he can't be blamed entirely for the homophobic attitude on YouTube. There are many, many gays on YouTube, quite a few of them being of the loud or flaming variety. If Chris disappeared tomorrow, the homophobes' fire would not stop burning, it would simply start to burn in a different location.

It's easy to point fingers at him because he is the most prominently featured LGBTQ YouTuber, but I don't think that's fair. As I said, people who want to hate are going to hate. If not Chris, it would just be one of the countless other more outspoken gays that are on YouTube. The only reason he was picked out from the bunch is because of the media storm that surrounded the "Leave Britney Alone" debacle. If homophobes think a particular way that he acts is deserving of mockery and ridicule, well that's not his problem - he doesn't control their motive - it's their action, their perception, and their problem.

#28 Phantasma, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  9. dude99

dude99 Guest

I don't hate you for liking him, but I think it's wrong he exists on youtube because he gives the homophobes more fuel for their fire >_> That's all.[/QUOTE]

It appears that today there is political correctness gone wrong. Since you are offended by Chris Crocker, then you would be offended by the movie Bruno and also Jullian Clary.

Well due to the policical correctess it appears the gay community is loosing its sense of humour, and becomming stale which help bridge the gap with others in the community.

----------

It appears that today there is political correctness gone wrong. Since you are offended by Chris Crocker, then you would be offended by the movie Bruno and also Jullian Clary.

Well due to the policical correctess it appears the gay community is loosing its sense of humour, and becomming stale which help bridge the gap with others in the community.[/QUOTE]

opps I meant to say that it appears much of the gay community is loosing its sense of humour and becoming stale, and years ago without all this political correctness shit, the gay community had a sense of humour and that helped bridge gaps with others in the commumity.

10. 71390S

71390S Guest

I love him. He makes some excellent valid points in many of his videos. He has a sense of humor is that is not for everyone.

I do not buy for one second the victim minded mentality that he is a "bad gay." He represents no one but himself. Those who associate him with all homosexuals are the ignorant ones who need to be checked. Crocker's feistyness is refreshing.

----------

I don't like JS, because he glorifies eating disorders, no?

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Erm I haven't lost my sense of humour....but the idea that you like Bruno I think is insanity.....Bruno was by far one of the worst pieces of trash in the history of film. And before you say I hate Sasha Baron Cohen, I didn't. I liked Borat but Bruno was a piece of filth that should of never occurred.

I have no idea who Julian Clary is.

I have a great sense of humour, but there's humour and there's annoyance, and Chris fits this. And it's NOT because of the Leave Britney Alone video >_> I have despised his videos from day one. Simple as that.

And no, Chris is the only one on YouTube I do not think belongs on there. None of the others bother me as he does. It's not just because of homophobia, it's the fact he makes the gay community also hate him. He's whiny, he's annoying, he has no substantial posts these days, and his voice is just....revolting. I don't even know how to explain it. But seriously, the 5 Awesome Gays, What the Buck, William Sledd, Gay God. If any of them left, I'd cry, but if Chris Crocker left I would breathe such a huge sigh of relief people in China and Russia would hear it.

That's all I have to say about this.

12. ANightDude

Oh for the love of God, am I the only one who is actually freaked out by this guy? His videos aren't funny, they are plain disturbing and unpleasent (The Britney Pool... good Lord...), and that "Cornhole" thing? I wouldn't care that he's a gay crossdressing stripper thing, but he's just a moron who happens to be an obbsesive freak that even Britney Spears herself called "freaky". I hate watching him, because, frankly, I don't want to step outside, breath the fresh air, look up at the wonderful sky and remember that he is amoung us. Most people don't want to believe that we, as human beings, can't do anything for him. He used everything weird about him to make it to fame on youtube, and now the reason he's famous as totally backlashed.

Gahd...
    That was my rant for the day. I apologize. It's all just my opinion. :slight_smile:

13. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

oh i really want to see bruno haha. i might pick it up this week at some point.