1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church group’s backing for gay killings

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...up-s-backing-for-gay-killings-91466-25430659/

2. Gaetan

...I swear some people just don't understand the term "human rights."

3. Astaroth

This sort of twisted, fucked up rhetoric is why I rally against any sort of religious slant to lawmaking. ANY! It doesn't matter how many people don't read those passages in that way. All it takes is ONE person in the right place in a heirarchy to read it the bad way in order for scripture to become a literal nightmare. Subjugating someone based on beliefs they may not even hold is barbaric, unforgivable, and incredibly unjust. What would happen if the country he lived in passed a law that any practicing Christian be jailed for spreading a religion that leads people away from rational thinking? Do you think he would stand for such a thing? Of course not. Yet he advocates that someone else should be punished based on UNPROVABLE BELIEFS that they DON'T HOLD.

Argh. This is one of my big issues right now. If it wasn't literally a matter of life and death, I wouldn't be so vehement, but people are going to DIE because of this perversion of thought, and it's all rationalized by faith. It all just boils down to that point. If you take his religion out of the picture, this would have never occurred to him.

4. Brad

He seems to have forgotten the fact that straight people spread hiv as well as gay people. Should all straight people with hiv be put to death too?

5. Astaroth

Well, spreading HIV purposefully can already be prosecuted. It can be a criminal offense if the infected party intentionally passes it to his or her partner without their knowledge and consent. It's in courts all the time. In fact, there was a story about six months ago about a guy who spit at a police officer and was charged with attempted murder because he was HIV positive. However, I disagree with capital punishment on the whole, so I wouldn't condone a death sentence anyway.

6. mmilam75

This guy is an idiot, and the party he represents has zero credibility. The problem with using this kind of anti-gay bigotry and extrapolating that to the larger population is that it plays into their hands. There are a lot of good people who consider their faith important to their worldview...and that worldview is not inherently anti-gay. To say that religion should be completely seperate from the way someone views the world is both unrealistic and unfair. What is far more important is that we work to marginalize idiots like this by pointing out the practical implications of what they want to do or what they say...we move the ball forward in terms of standing up for human rights while also not giving the radical fringe an additional talking point.

7. Brad

I thought i read recently that the bill in Uganda was knocked back?

8. Just Adam

im not too far from this ass hole for the first time in 15 years i feel the need to visit church >.>

* packs supplys .... in the words of die hard its gonna need some new screen doors and a shit load of glass.

but really and people find it weird why people dont go to church ignoreing them.... they think if your straight you must see gays as ab abiomination to the lord when thei god supposedly made us... the fact is most people prob know a gay person directly or through a friend and know they are just people and shouldent be killed like christians apparently believe as this prat seems to think hes speaking for all >.>

i cant wait till the day these religions die out.

9. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait a minute... :eusa_doh:

10. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, insane warped shit like this is why people are leaving religion. And maybe it's partly because I've seen a close relative die from this very serious disease that NO ONE WHATSOEVER is immune to, but it REALLY makes my blood boil when people throw AIDS into it like this. It's nothing but hateful and disgusting ignorance.

11. kettleoffish

because straight people totally can't ever do that, and totally never have AIDS :dry:

lol nah, "thou shalt not kill"

no they don't. If anyone's a pervert, it's this guy, perverting minds to believe that hate and murder is okay.

:bang: what is wrong with some people?!

as a Christian myself, I can safely say this guy is going to hell, and the death penalty is no better than murder, because that's exactly what it is, besides, I bet this guy has had a cold and sneezed on someone before -- you can't just 'not infect' people if you don't know you have the disease in the first place..

thank god other Christians aren't (all) retarded.

since when is institutionalised murder an 'understandable reaction'? And I can guarantee the vast majority of sex tourists coming to Uganda are heterosexual, why aren't they concentrating on stopping that?

Well said Chris Bryant.

12. Connor22

But, Jesus says that hatred is as bad as murder, and that number 6 in the ten commandments is "thou shalt not kill" so basically what he has said is that he wants to kill (one sin) people he hates (two sins) but because he hates us (three) and he is calling other people to follow his example of hate (four and five), not only that but he is saying the bible says something that it doesn't (six). Yeah this guy isn't very good at his job. 6 sins (DEVIL NUMBER!!!) Does anybody else think of the Revelations prophecy, the one about the false prophet and the three anti-christs? Who'd have guessed he'd be welsh?

13. Emberstone

I am so tempted to get a addy for chris bryant and writing him a thankyou letter.

14. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

One reason why I despise Religion. (Sorry to those who are on here and are religious!) I know of one person in my little town who is almost like him. I have been close to clobbering him. :grin: Also saddens me that its came from my own country, Well Wales. Many flaws in what he sprafs out tbh.

15. calstad

they're acting like HIV is strictly a homo thing, I'm pretty sure if I have HIV and stick my thing in a girl, shes gonna get it too....

16. Emberstone

i thought 56% percent of people who had HIV were heterosexual?

Religion does not belong in, or deserve to be apart of politics. religion has proven that point time and time again.

17. Elven

I find that killing for any reason is simply bloodthirst. The church is pointless if all they do is contradict themselves, when some of the main guidlines, forgiveness and love thy neighbour just don't seem to matter as-much as the few and far between verses contradicting those by telling you to kill a certain group of people who differ only in one certain type of behavior which they themselves do not control.

18. Re: Church group’s backing for gay killings

Goddamn. What a fucking asshole. THIS is the reason why I am not/will never be religious. All Christianity is is a big fucking pile of contradictions and being a slave to some stupid-ass book that is WAY outdated. I don't have a problem with the believers, but I have a huge problem with the philosophy. I feel fucking alienated when I am around religious people. I simply cannot relate to something that calls me an abomination. If there is a God, he wouldn't have created people that way just so he can hate them. Fuck you, religious hypocrites.

19. TriBi

The guy is an idiot - and poorly researched as well.

The biggest incidence of HIV spread in Africa is amongst the heterosexual population. Notwithstanding the hateful legislation on the table in Uganda (which is being pushed along by some right wing American Christian extremists) this is a fact that the Ugandan government and people are well aware.

When I was in Uganda, over a decade ago, the HIV infection rate there was one of the highest in Africa. In some parts of the country it was in almost epidemic proportions. Last time I read of it, the rate had been very substantially reduced - due wholly to a very thorough, Government led, public education program that was targeting the entire population - they recognised that it was not a 'gay disease'.

20. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'm not exactly crazy about all the anti-religion posts in this thread. As much as I agree that it should not interfere with the law, and that there are certainly a ton of religious crazies out there, it's not necessary to hate all religion just because certain people decide to interpret it in an insanely horrible way. I personally believe that being gay and believing in a higher power can coexist. If you're an atheist and don't believe in anything, that's fine and I respect it. But don't insult all religion because of it.

^ I fully agree with you.