Why are so many gay people typically more attracted to more androgynous types?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katherine, Dec 4, 2009.

?

Are you generally more attracted to more manly/girly/androgynous types?

1. Girls: I prefer butch women / Guys: I prefer feminine men

21.1%
  2. Girls: I prefer feminine women / Guys: I prefer manly men

45.9%
  3. I have no particular preference; I like all types

33.0%
  1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Please, don't mix up being androgynous with being a masculine woman or a feminine man...

It's very different :dry:

2. Foster

Personally, I'm very feminine and also a bit punk, and I like other women who have a similar style to me. I like makeup and female clothes.

3. Huma

I'm not into a particular type, but I find androgynous women interesting because defying or mixing gender roles is daring, and daring is sexy! :icon_bigg

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

About me, as androgyne, I prefer a feminine woman near to me :slight_smile:

5. Poe

Poe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am attracted to all types, but honestly there is this vibe you get from dykes that just drives me insane. Maybe its just confidence...who knows. Aside from that I just can never click with a femme girl. I have an ex who was FTM (non op) and I was strongly attracted to that.

6. thekillingmoon

It's kinda funny, when I only started wondering about liking women, I found tomboyish girls most attractive. Probably because I felt insecure about my sexuality, so the more tomboyish a girl was, the more attractive and intriguing she seemed. And when I actually met some women and developed crushes on them, they all were pretty feminine looking. Then I realized I liked that about them. Now I can honestly say looks wise I prefer feminine women. I don't mind if she's a little on the tomboyish side, but definitely not butch. That's looks wise. Personality wise I'm drawn to women with a balanced personality, not masculine and not too girly either.

7. Sorceress of Az

I like people with gender-neutral appearances, I like pretty people regardless of their gender, I like guys who look like women, and women who look like women but have short hair.
    While that is what I am physically attracted to, I dont desire a Romantic relationship unless I know the person well, and have formed emotionally attachments.

Pretty doesnt mean feminine, the actor who played as Thor has a sort of pretty appearance even for a guy with muscles. That actor and Orlando Bloom are two of the only non-feminine looking people I have ever been attracted to, and I am not sure why.

8. Kyubi

Hahahahaha, I recently discovered that I am very attracted by androgynous people. Be it my curiosity or something else, I just love the fact that it's so ambiguous. In my opinion, an androgynous person is the best partner a bisexual could have.

9. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

If we connect then i'm willing to date.

10. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I prefer masc guys. For women I have a weirder preference; I like feminine looking women with masculine personalities.

11. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very nice necro, chaps.

And in my case, I tend to fall for tomboys and somewhat girly guys. Although, I have a huge weak spot for guys in old uniforms, regardless of manliness xD.

12. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the "punky and edgy" look and a lot of girls with that look happen to be more androgynous. If they are femme and still edgy I'll still be attracted to them, but most femmes are too boring for me.

13. CyanChachki

I get this question a lot because I like butch women and feminine men and it really isn't the same. Butch women aren't men just like feminine men aren't women. I just like the way they look. I mean if a man liked a butch woman or a woman like a feminine man, then no one would really question it, right? No one would say "Hey, why aren't you lesbian/gay? why don't you just date a man/woman?" No.. I can't see those questions being asked. So I'm not sure why they're asked for those who do.

Besides, not all lesbians/gays have feelings for butch/feminine types. Everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes in a person.

14. Kyubi

This is also true.

15. j2598

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just had to reply to this. Orlando Bloom seems like a very feminine guy to me. The Thor guy seems less feminine like Bradd Pitt but still feminine. I guess things have changed over the years so now its more Bill from Tokio that registers as feminine.
    I have a kink for butch women. I've had some experiences whereby people have interpreted this and assigned submissiveness to me. That kind of annoys me and makes me feel like I have something to prove. Which is silly. That's their map and not mine.

16. Randomcloud

I think that's just a stereotype tbh. I think androgynous people are good-looking, but I'm only really attracted to the girl-next-door type

17. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    not at all

18. Dakeli27

Definitely like more androgynous people, more feminine boys and more tomboy-girls. That said, I'm more likely to find a feminine girl attractive than a masculine boy.

19. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That necro.

Edit: 2009 sheesh I was in the middle of my Freshman year in high school.

20. TheStormInside

I am attracted to both very feminine and androgynous women, less so completely butch, but a bit tomboyish can be cute. I think for me part of the draw to the more androgynous or boyish girls is that it feels like there's a little more likelihood they're gay too and could return the feelings :lol: . I know it's a total stereotype, I don't even fall into it myself, so maybe it's a little "wishful thinking" :lol: .