1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Gay/Bi Role Model Poll

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RaeofLite, Nov 14, 2009.

?

Who is your favourite Gay/Bi role model?

1. Harvey Milk

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Ellen Degeneres

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. Sir Ian McKellen

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Sir Elton John

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leisha Hailey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Olivia Wilde

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Freddie Mercury

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  8. Adam Lambert

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. Angelina Jolie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Leonardo Da Vinci

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. Neil Patrick Harris

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. RaeofLite

Thanks for showing that Greggors. I loved that whole interview too. :slight_smile: Did you buy Dec09's "O Magazine"??

Sorry for anyone I missed. >.< I didn't mean to disinclude anyone.

#21 RaeofLite, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went over my DL cap so i can't watch this video... what happens in it, can anyone give me a gist please?

3. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Definitely Leonardo Da Vinci becasue he is my favourite person anyway, not only is he a scientist but also an artist and he's gay just to top it all off! So he's great!!

4. RaeofLite

Ellen invites her wife, Portia de Rossi onto the stage and they talk about life together, finding each other, their love together and it's all so sweet. :slight_smile:

And why anyone would want to take that away is beyond me. Horrible monsters you are!

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    awwww!!! that's so cute!

6. Bevo

Pity that its actually "Sir Ian McKellen" not "McKellan"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WJSHy_szE[/YOUTUBE]
    Sir Ian explaining the opening speech of my favourite Shakespeare play, Richard III.

7. Ben

Ben

I did the edit thing to the poll.

Gotta be Ian for me. =)

8. Schu

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

9. Just Adam

other john barrowman ... reading his book about his partner is really encourageing the love and commitment they have for each other :slight_smile:

10. Brandford

:dry:She didn't do that until after over a decade of being out, the most she ever did on her own show for LBGT is talk about that boy that got killed because he gave that straight boy a valentines day card, and she only did that for like 5 minutes of the show.

11. RaeofLite

:dry:She didn't do that until after over a decade of being out, the most she ever did on her own show for LBGT is talk about that boy that got killed because he gave that straight boy a valentines day card, and she only did that for like 5 minutes of the show.[/QUOTE]

Well if you look on youtube, there are a ton of videos of her coming out and being positive.. Simply being a person, popular, witty, pretty and gay! Oh wait, that's part of a song. :icon_wink

But I mean she went through so much scrutiny. Imagine your coming out, and then multiply it by (several million or more) and being publically attacked, having a bomb threat against you, called out in a time when bascially 'no one" understands. Things have changed in the past 12 years from what I've seen... And yet now she's still popular and has stood in the face of great adversity as a positive symbol for our community. Showing that we're not "evil people, out to convert your children". We just love differently and we want to be able to have the same rights as any straight person.

12. ChokiE

I'm going to defy the poll options and say Billy Corgan.

13. Brandford

I know that but I wish she just did even a tiny bit more, I don't think she even mentioned what happened it Maine. I don't want her show to be all about her being a lesbian but she could mention somethings once in a while, Tyra Banks does more and shes straight.

14. HackmanWIU

Barney Frank ftw?

15. Meropspusillus

As amazing as a person as Leonardo Da Vinci was, we really have next to no knowledge of his sexuality, so it's silly to include him here. He might have been gay, he might not have been, he lived more than 500 years ago.

That aside, I don't really look up to any of those people as role models, though, if I had to choose one of them I'd pick Sir Ian McKellen, he's a marvelous actor and I do like Shakespeare.

16. MusicIsLife

How come Olivia Wilde is on the list but not OLIVER wilde, one of the greatest writers to ever grace a page with his words? Hmm.

But I picked Harvey Milk, his story has always been an inspiration it me :3

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he's gay??

18. 19rockr

19rockr Guest

Near Lexington, KY, by 45 miles to the east.
    ADAM LAMBERT!!!! I absolutely love him...Isn't he like the first gay guy to be on AI? I think so, so that's a good enoug hreason to say he's a role model for us all...U ROK,AL!

19. RaeofLite

He's not the first gay guy... (Clay Aiken was). But he's the first open one it seems. :slight_smile: Though that Justin Guinitari guy? He seemed gay-at least metro. *shrug* But yes, Adam is very talented. I hope his career goes well for him.

20. Mickey

Well if you look on youtube, there are a ton of videos of her coming out and being positive.. Simply being a person, popular, witty, pretty and gay! Oh wait, that's part of a song. :icon_wink

But I mean she went through so much scrutiny. Imagine your coming out, and then multiply it by (several million or more) and being publically attacked, having a bomb threat against you, called out in a time when bascially 'no one" understands. Things have changed in the past 12 years from what I've seen... And yet now she's still popular and has stood in the face of great adversity as a positive symbol for our community. Showing that we're not "evil people, out to convert your children". We just love differently and we want to be able to have the same rights as any straight person.[/QUOTE]

Excellent,awesome post! I totally agree with you. I think,in this day & age,that Ellen has done more for the LGBT community than just about anyone. I love that she's married to a wonderful woman and is as happy as we ALL deserve to be. :eusa_clap