1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catholic Church gives D.C. ultimatum

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Adam, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Gaetan

If they want to badger on about the sanctity of marriage, I'll say it was already lost when divorce become commonplace.

2. Emberstone

Remeber... homophobia is the irrational fear that gays will break into your home while you are at work, and redecorate it for you.

3. Brad

The best thing about this is that they don't appear that they are going to cave in to what the church wants.

4. kettleoffish

How very Christian of them. Not.

5. Étoile

:roflmao:

It's okay to act in an un-Christian manner in order to force your beliefs down other people's throats. [/sarcasm]

6. Darkwing65

This makes me sad.

7. Rygirl

Totally,
    church: they wont do as we want them to so we are going to let a load of innocent people suffer as we throw our toys out of our HUGE prams just like a one year old until they give us what we want.

8. adam88

Ha! In my case I'd probably just re-typeset all their awful Word documents with fonts other than Times and Arial. TPS reports in Futura or Akzidenz Grotesk= awesome.

I used to be Catholic, went to a Catholic school, was even in the youth choir. The people I knew in the church weren't bad, but that's the best I can really say. :frowning2: Even my brother, who remained a Catholic until this year, is leaving the church. In his case, though, it's because he inquired about becoming a Mason. Apparently, that's enough to get you completely and instantly excommunicated. Fun! :tantrum: When he learned of this he considered writing the Vatican so he can get a certificate of excommunication to put in a frame. :grin:

Funny thing was I actually liked John Paul II. For an old guy, he was quite progressive. Unfortunately, they've now got Darth Ratzinger.

9. Elven

Immature, they are damanding like children but there threat probably won't hold, Barking dogs seldom bite...

#49 Elven, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  10. Brandford

11. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It seems like a hostage situation. Well, it is their charity they can run it the way they want but I think they should start paying property taxes. Let's not forget that all churches are against same-sex marriages, I was with this group of people who wants to add rainbow flag to the church entrance/sign, just to make sure everyone knows LGBT are welcome. Besides, if we know Catholic church is against same-sex marriage even by law they have to perform it, would you get married there? seriously whey would anyone do that....so why are they worried....

12. Emberstone

Well, technically in america, it is against the law to force a church to do marriages. Seperation of church and state is a two-way-street, even though the more fundementalist churches have tried to make it so that it is a one way street, with the church being able to force themselves into any and everything they want.

13. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    oopps...I meant to say not all churches are against same-sex marriages....
    and I was being hypothetical if they had to marry same-sex couples by-law.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's no wonder there are so many atheists in the world when the church keeps behaving like that.

15. Emberstone

I have nothing against practising catholics, who tend to be geniuenly good people. It is the buracracy of the church institution that irks me.

16. Beachboi92

imo if they pull they're connections with the state thank god :grin: more disconnected with the state they are the better. Plus this simply makes them look stupid and ruins their support. I have nothing against people who follow a religion but when they spew bible passages they where told and never took time to understand. If LGBT groups offered to step in and set up organizations to help with the stuff that churches are withdrawing from i would be so happy it would really be the best move they could make : /