1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga-Bad Romance Official Music Video

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paragon, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Amy

Amy

This video is brilliant.
    That is all.

2. KaraBulut

The important thing about the Bad Romance video is that her body has been altered with video effects in the dancing and shower scene to look much thinner.

She's not that thin.

It's ironic because one of the criticisms- unfair criticisms- has been that she's fat when, in fact, she looks like a healthy girl in her twenties.

So, given the criticism, it is surprising that she would allow her body to be altered- unless of course her point with the image-alteration and the faux vertebra was to make a statement.

3. davo-man

Does anyone else see the irony that the images that "imply" nudity were taken down, but the video from which they came from weren't? And I'm not advocating for the video to be taken down, but as I see it, if they're censored enough to be put on international televisions (and they are) where people of all ages are able to view them, then why should they be censored on a site where viewing is limited to over 13s?

4. RainbowJay

I was thinking the same thing :/
    but I'm curious to hear the explanation...

that video is trippy, but Miss Gaga's videos are always trippy :]
    and for some reason those "anorexic" looking shots didn't look real, maybe I'm just hoping they're not, since she never came across to me as being THAT skinny

all those fashion disasters (including the stilettos) are quite creepy (and deadly) o_o but I suppose that's how she's meant to dress, dressed to kill! :icon_wink

5. Greggers

The "anorexic" shots are not supposed to be "anorexic" guys.

She is playing around with themes of "Monsters". She kind of looked like a mash-up of a female the hulk / zombie / demon, and i think thats the goal: a monster.

6. RainbowJay

ah yes, some fresh verification, and it makes perfect sense!
    at least I know now that I wasn't just hoping she wasn't skinny enough to have her spine outlined like that :confused:

she's a curvy woman dammit!

7. davo-man

As I said earlier, I think the shots in the shower are purposefully digitally manipulated in order for her to appear more like the cat that you can see adorning her head and that can be seen earlier in the clip on the gentleman's seat/arm. For instance, the bony back, thin midsection and (most obviously) the ears you can see on her head in a couple of shots. I highly doubt she's that skinny, as she also used digital manipulation earlier on to make her eyes like three times as big.