1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What;s going on

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NYundergrad, Oct 27, 2009.

1. NYundergrad

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is my first post on empty closets. It seems like a safe site where you wont be stalked, I hope. I never thought that I would be on a site like this and was very hesitant to do so. I have never done any type of online socializing except with my friends. As a college student I have been noticing guys more. I have never dated a guy and have only been with women. Nobody I know knows of my interest in guys. If there are any others who can give me advice it would be much appreciated.

2. kettleoffish

welcome to our little world :slight_smile: EC is the most accepting and friendly bunch I've encountered on the Internet, that's for sure.

Do you have a close friend, preferably a girl (they always seem to get things better in my experience) who you could talk to about this, I always feel that these things are better out in the open and it would help you to understand yourself better if you can talk to somebody you can trust about it.

3. NYundergrad

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There are some girls that I could talk to about it. Most of them don't live near me. They are all scattered throughout the US because of boarding school. They would probably be the people I would feel most comfortable with.

4. Nitro

Welcome to EC. Your story coming here is very common. It takes self honesty and for some a kind of courage (not bravado) to first be honest with oneself.

You write you have been noticing guys more. This can mean a lot of things - some that may not have immediately occurred to you. Stick around and read a few things, write a few things, ask and so on. The process of interacting and writing can be great for finding the answers you seek. You'll find a great diversity of people at various stages of self discovery and experiences around here, and numerous inspirational stories.

As for no one knowing of your interest in guys, it can feel pretty isolating at first. Somewhere out there, there are so many members of the queer alphabet soup, but where? Although I already knew it ahead of time it still came as a shock to find that we truly do come in all shapes and sizes. A trip to a meeting of a local pride organization will quickly confirm that.

End notes? Stay healthy, get lots of sleep, do well on your midterms, and allow yourself to be. Later on you may wish to find a label and come out, but that is for another day.

5. Steam Giant

Hi there! Welcome to EC ^^ this is indeed a safe place to discuss anything you like, no matter how personal. The Code of Conduct is structured around keeping our membership base safe from discovery, and we even have a skin that takes the logo on the top away, so it just looks like you're on a normal forum!

I just have a quick question before I can really give any useful advice - is your primary issue that you don't know if you're bisexual or not, or is it that you know you are, and that not being out is bothering you?

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC

7. fallendream

hey, your post seemed vague in the way of questions so i cant offer any advice persay, but feel free to post to my wall with some more specific questions!

also, as a new member you can only PM (private message) advisors and mods so feel free to message them with questions.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    girls are awesome! guys are awesome!

Not sure exactly what you're having an issue with, but if it's your self identity, just relax and it will come to you. For a long time i knew i could find guys attractive as well as girls. it took a long time to realise that i'm genuinely bi, but when i did, it was a positive growing experience. You've come to the right place for support and understanding!

9. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, us girls tend to be so chill with it :slight_smile:

Read posts, comment, ask, just hang out and you'll feel right at home soon.

10. Jim1454

Hi there and welcome to EC.

What you're going through is quite common for those of us who found our way to this site. Just give it time. Hang out here and get comfortable with the fact that you're not necessarily straight. When you're OK with that, other people will be too.

11. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there

Welcome to EC. Everyone on this site is super supportive and you will find that you have just joined the coolest family on the net. Its sounds as though you are going through a bit of a confusing period at the moment, and its how most people start on their self discovery. Some of the threads here are really good, so have a read and you will find there are many people here who can identify with your sentiments. The advice given by the older members, who have "been there done that", is excellent and I know I have many to thank.

Hope you are doing well
    Nicxxxx