1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to tell my mom I'm gay in like 30mins.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaetan

:thumbsup:
    Huzzah! Glad it went well, and congratulations!

2. Paragon

Paragon Guest

JEALOUS! congrats

3. RaRa

Congrats! =)

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    well done! Gald it went so well :grin:

5. Bryan44

Awesome! Congrats!! (!)

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! Glad that you could come out to her and that it went so well! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

7. mattypants

belated congrats! (!)(!)(!)

8. Alex19

9. RaeofLite

Awesome :grin: Refer her to PFLAG's website if she has any questions you can't answer, but let her know you'll answer questions honestly if she has any or seems awkward about things.

10. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family was awkward for 6 days. We're finally back to normal, for the most part, however they say I'm still not Gay. lol

11. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WOOOT! AWESOME!

Too bad we can't have a party over the nets. There is too much positive energy in this sub-forum sometimes. :eusa_clap:icon_bigg

12. PurpleTomato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  13. x2x2x2x2y2

Thanks every1! It feels good and weird. Haha I get really nervous around her. The only thing I'm worried about is we are about to move in with her bf and his son. I'm so used to it being just us two! I'm not planning on comin out to them cuz, honestly I really don't care what her bf has to say, as for his son...well that's a long story. Haha anyways thanks every1! I can't believe I came out! :eusa_danc

14. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sweeeeeet! You'll know what to do when.

15. x2x2x2x2y2

Feeling kinda sad. We talked again and I think she thinks I'm not sure. She asked me if I was 100% sure. We talked for awhile and I think she's kinda sad. We talked and she's worried how other people will take it. I told her not to worry cuz no one will know till I'm 18 at least. Another thing she's worried about is cuz she knows that a lot of gay people have aids(I know rite, eeewww). I hate to say it but I think I regret telling her. I think she's waiting for me to say I was wrong or that I'm not sure. Idk this is messed up. I think she's resenting me. I'm not sure about the last part but I'm feeling so sick rite now. I know she doesn't really want me to tell any1. Idk what to do. Do u think she will overcome this once the shock passes or what?! Please Idk what to do.

16. x2x2x2x2y2

Another reason I think she thinks I'm not sure is cuz I don't act like the stereotypical gay guy. I don't like to shop for clothes, I don't like pink or purple or yellow, I don't really act like a gay guy. I know not all gay people act like this but I think she does. I'm so mad rite now.

17. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, x2, she's...well, grieving. My mom REALLY wanted my babies, and wanted me to have a wife and a little ranch house in the suburbs and OMG really? Apparently parents put a lot of stock in their children's lives coming out "just so," and, well, we obviously can't provide that sometimes. So that may explain the melancholy.

Being a mom, she also has your health and safety to worry about. STDs, HIV, being beaten up for being gay, being a target of hate. No one wants that for their child, and too often being gay means in people's heads only that you like to screw the same sex. Hoping that you can wish it away or that you are confused is a way out. It is likely, too, that she is not very well informed. You can tell her the HIV rate among men AND women has been the same for a while now; arm yourself with knowledge!

Since she didn't have a crazy reaction, I think it is safe to assume things will normalize after a while. And you're in good company, dude; I feel sick after today too. (*hug*)

18. x2x2x2x2y2

Idk I almost feel like running in her room and telling her it was one big joke or some other lame excuse. I feel so alone. I feel she is holding back from telling me something.

19. Charme

Charme Guest

Aww dude congratz on coming out. But I get what you mean by parents thinking you're "not sure" They're just in denial. No matter what, they will always want that normal teenage boy/girl and being gay is just something they're not gonna accept in a few minutes. I had to go through that with my dad and he's still in denial.

20. x2x2x2x2y2

I feel as though I wanna yell at her "if you don't like me just say it!" but I won't. She needs time to process this. I just have to be strong. I have to put up with all the denial. I'm gonna tell her about pflag though. I think it will help. I seriously still can't believe I told her. I think she's confused on what to think. I feel bad that I feel so good. I feel like finally I told some! But should I feel sad cuz she feels sad? I haven't showed her that I'm excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.