Who was the first person you came out to?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Gabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first person I came out to was my sister. She was amazing about it, because we're like best friends in sibling form, and she loves me, and could really care less about someone's sexual orientation. Now I've basically come to the point where whoever wants to know can know, but I don't want to force my sexuality on people who don't want to hear it, you know?

2. george678

My best friend (Male)

3. Dr Acula

Another best friend here. Annoyingly he was hot - he accepted the fact that I was gay and that I thought he was hot (only served to bolster his ego :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Very positive all in all I'd say.

4. HackmanWIU

My younger sister, but since I respect my family equally (and with her persistent encouragement), my parents several hours later. :icon_bigg

5. coreyjazz23

my younger brother. He was 10 at the time.

6. Idunnohereitis

Ok so it was funny.. freshman year Im walking With my friend Johana [senior] (jo for short and i think... uhm danielle[sophomore] too idr) but anyway.. wwe were walking through the hall.. they were talking bout Hayden whatever his name is from starwars.. anykin and how hot he is... they asked me what i thought and i answered yea sure... Jo goes "Bree just admit it, say it already you are gay." Me: ... uh Danielle "its obvious bree common" "jo yea my radar went off when i met you" Me:REALLY?! WTH Jo: yea duh bree you cant hide it, you arent good at hiding..lol" Me: Damn.

and from then on ppl just know sometimes.. but im not out too family and im working on all my friends but most ppl just know i am i guess.. i d k how .. but they doo.. lol. its funny in some ways

7. x2x2x2x2y2

Lol that's awesome!

8. J Schuelke

The first person I came out to was a gal pal of mine from high school. I was in my first year of college and she was in her junior year of high school. Anyway it was around the time that I was really questioning myself about whether I was gay or not. Eventually I realized to myself that I was indeed gay and I was all bent out of shape about it for a little bit. So I wanted to talk with someone about it and the only person I could think of was her.

So I went over to her place, at the time i said I wanted help to update my myspace page. So while she was working on the computer I was sitting on the couch curled up with a huge stuffed dog that she had, trying to get up the courage to say something. Eventually she asked if I was ok and I really couldn't say anything. So long story short, she dragged it out of me after I talked about my realization process. She was really cool about it, she gave me lots of hugs and stuff, so it was very heart warming. I was all nervous about the whole thing in the beginning, but afterward I felt like an entirely different person.

9. gemerency

lol my freind found me on a site like EC. he laughed and walked back to his desk.
    later on that night he called me and i told him i was gay. conversation went like this

him: so what was that site you where on earlier?

me: ...... nothing much

him: no seriously dude, tell me

me: ..... just a site for ... gay....ish people.

him: so....your gay?

me: ......ya

him: thats cool

me: really?

him: ya

me: what about you? what are you?

him: im gay.

me: seriously?

him: yeah

me: thats cool. so anyways (videogame speak from here on out)

10. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    thats so huuuuuge
    lol
    My friend KT, she took it... well idk she hasnt talked about it since

11. gemerency

lol what do you mean by huge?

12. Paragon

Paragon Guest

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS7KXhK3sro[/YOUTUBE]
    Draw it out!

13. gemerency

lol thats funny. but is that a good thing?

14. Paragon

Paragon Guest

its hot!
    anything that comes out of Paris Hilton's mouth is awesome, ok?!
    She is Epic Win!

15. gemerency

i suppose... i don't like her so much

but thanx :grin:

16. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    OH
    MY GOD..
    fallacy

anywho..
    KT then my gay friend, neither of whom ive gotten reactions from

17. NJCentralGary

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first person I came out to was my best "female" friend. We were in Key West and had a few drinks, I knew she would be ok with me being gay and I am of course very brave on alcohol. lol. I told her and immediately she was so cool, she brought me to the "gay" part of Duval street and she took me to my first "and only" drag show. I was a bit uncomfortable because it was my first real time around gay people, but I LOVED IT. She also told me she was bi-sexual. Great night and a great friend.

I just recently came out to my sister, so the process begins...and continues...

x2x2x2x2y2, you are so supportive to people on this site, I only hope the very best for you in your coming out.

18. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, I remember it vividly. I decided to come out to a friend whom I also work with. The entire day I was just nervous as all hell, because I decided I was gonna tell her. I finally decided that I just had to tell somebody, i couldn't keep it to myself any longer. Anyway, I was nervous over nothing. She supports me 100%, and seemed really happy for me. I remember when I got home that night. It was like a huge weight was off my shoulders, I was so happy. Thankfully, most of my coming-outs have gone well. I'm getting really good at it, too. :grin:

19. kurti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i built up the courage to tell my older brother one night (in an ad break of Ladette to Lady XD).

he was a little shocked but supported me fully.

20. Gurds101

I told my minister... she was so amazing about it, and spent a long time explaining how God loves me no matter what!