1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. I would love if they moved it exclusively to new york. I mostly watch for Kurt, Blaine, Rachel, and Santana. I'd miss the McKinley scenes, yeah, but I hate Will and the whole Jarley/Ryley thing is so annoying.

2. Tim

Tim

I wouldn't touch the show ever again if they go to New York.

I want them to ditch New York and go to McKinley full time.

3. flymetothemoon

So I just watched the puppet episode...and all I have to say is...wtf? Was there any point to that episode? I expected that they were going to decide to use puppets for Nationals or something, but instead, all I got was gas-leak induced hallucinations and What Does the Fox Say...

4. Markio

Exactly, it was such a bland episode. It felt like they wrote this episode as filler before they can get to the Nationals storyline.

I was at least pleased that Jake was capable of recognizing his flaws when Bree confronted him. I'm also somewhat happy that he hurt Bree's feelings, since so far she's been an invulnerable source of cruelty to the other characters.

Part of what I liked about the original few seasons of Glee was that it seemed like an actual Glee club. There were showtunes, a variety of musical tastes, and Kurt and Rachel both seemed like legitimate glee club members. Finn too. Now they seem to just choose the most recent pop songs, or choose a meaningless theme every week that focuses on a single artist so they don't have to think really hard about their song choices. And none of the club members seem to have a unique style anymore.

In my mind, the best songs from the first season were:
    Somebody to Love - Rachel and Finn get to deliver a great ballad that you'd expect from a Glee club.
    Don't Rain on My Parade - Yes, Rachel sings a song that is personal to her character and sounds amazing.
    Lean On Me - Artie and Mercedes get to shine by singing in a soulful style that fits with their characters.
    True Colors - Tina's breakout performance, demonstrating that her character may be shy/bizarre but that she's capable of using that creative energy toward a good performance.

When I think of this season, the only song that stands out is If I Were A Boy, given the context of the song, the performance, and the relevance to the plot. I even like Hide Your Love Away because having Artie and Kitty date was an interesting idea that kind of makes sense. Otherwise, the rest of the characters seem to have bland problems and no real driving force toward Nationals. I get that they're just going to sing an entirely new set at the competition than they sing in all previous episodes where they're preparing, but can't they create some semblance of plot direction this season?

5. Foxface

Well I was told several pages ago and it's true. I do wish Season 1-3 would be back...I enjoy it quite a bit more than 4-5 thus far

Foxface

6. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I think season 1 was definitely the best. They never really topped the dancing football players from the beginning of the season

7. Foxface

I just saw the Puppet episode...what the hell did I just watch?

Bring me back to Season 2

Foxface

8. Tim

Tim

Brittany, Mike, Puck, Mercedes, and April (Kristin Chenoweth's character) are confirmed to be returning for episode 100 that airs in March.

Ryan's still waiting for responses from a few cast members including Diana/Quinn.

I'm annoyed at the gap coming up after tonight's episode. (Glee won't return until February). Why? Because the episode AFTER the break features TWO Tina/Artie duets (one of which is the 600th musical number on Glee), and a Tina/Artie/Blaine trio of Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway. :3

#4288 Tim, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Literally all I wanted from this show.
    I hope she gets another song.

10. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so is Quinn!!! YAAAY

11. HarryIsCute

Let's hope for something good tonight! Love all you Gleeks out there that are sticking with it!

12. Shyguy5

I agree with your point on the comparison to Season One. It feels like it's not even about a glee club more on a group of teens who happen to be in a glee club. I guess not being bullied as a group could be a reason to but they did approach like a minute in one episode.

13. Foxface

I just watched unaired christmas...

Santana...my goodness

otherwise crap episode

Question to all

Who do you think makes the best insults out of Kitty and Santana?

Foxface

#4293 Foxface, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer Santana, personally. In terms of sassy insults, i think I would rank it

Sue > Santana > Kitty > Season 1 Quinn >>>>>>>>>>>Bree

15. Tim

Tim

Lol @ " Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 1561 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting. "

That should really go based on the last post, rather than the first one.

Anyway, for those interested, Nationals is filming this week.

The lead singer of Throat Explosion was revealed to be portrayed by Skylar Astin. (Jesse from Pitch Perfect, for those who don't know)

Setlist for New Directions, as well as a spoiler for who joins as their 10th member (it's unknown who 11/12 are. Sugar and Joe are unlikely to be in the episode, as Vanessa's manager said she was not asked to return. One of the two is female however.

There is NO SOLO.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2 - Singers Unknown
    More Than a Feeling by Boston - Blaine and Tina have solos in it, other singers unknown, if there are any.
    America by Neil Diamond - Singers Unknown

Erinn (who portrays Bree) was seen in a leaked video of the filming with New Directions.

Also, for Tina fans: Tina has a total of 6 songs in the next 2 episodes. Since we don't know how many songs she sings in in Nationals, this will probably be a record for Tina.

16. Foxface

woa...that set list is phenomenal

I will be watching that part with great interest

Foxface

17. Tim

Tim

Yea, it's the first time a setlist actually looks like something from a Nationals competition. There's a 15 second clip floating around showing the one that has known singers, as it shows them singing part of it, with the "revealed" 10th member dancing behind them.

18. Tim

Tim

First 5 Songs from the 100th episode have been revealed:

Raise Your Glass - Will & April
    Valerie - Brittany & Santana
    Defying Gravity - Kurt, Rachel & Mercedes
    Toxic - Brittany, Quinn, & Santana
    Keep Holding On - Puck

19. Foxface

20. Tim

Tim

The plot for the 100th episode is now known. One more returning guest star has been revealed, and the last song for the 100th episode as well. The other 4 songs will apparently be in episode 101, as it's a 2-parter. The next few episodes following episode 101 will take place entirely in New York.

The plot also spoils if New Directions wins or loses at Nationals, pretty much.

Plot from The Hollywood Reporter - Sue Sylvester finally puts an end to the New Directions and many original members will return to say their goodbyes to Will Schuester. This will also be a two-part episode. Following this episode, there will be a slew of episodes taking place exclusively in New York.

The returning guest star is Gwyneth Paltrow, who returns as Holly Holiday and sings Dogs Days are Over with New Directions.

Based on the fact Sue disbands New Directions, I'm assuming they lost Nationals, as I doubt she could disband a winning team.

Blaine and Sam will join the New York cast. Perez Hilton says Tina and Artie do as well, but he's not a reliable source.