1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They didn't address Hanukkah because it was stated it was a Christmas special. >_>
    The show they put on was a "Holiday Special" but still.
    But Rachel did say "Happy Hanukkah" as the last audible line of the episode.

I thought their special was terrible and cute. It was very self-aware. I loved when Kurt called Blaine his "best friend and holiday roommate."
    The whole special was so cheesy and light-hearted.

I'm just not into Arty this season. He has been acting kind of like a dick to everyone.

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But it's not fair that Jewish characters are snubbed on their holiday (one line isn't sufficient) all the time, reflecting real life. Jewish people in the U.S. never get coverage on their holiday so I hoped Glee would once be representative about it. Rachel was way into the Christmas theme which is weird since she is Jewish and I really wanted to see a Jewish version of the holidays. It kind of reminds me of how most shows mainly show straight couples because heterosexuality is most common. But that doesn't mean gay couples shouldn't be represented. I'm not Jewish but for my Jewish friend I want more representation.

3. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Here is a little of glee in spanish lol. This is old for the promo in a mexican channel.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwHde-7d-E4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

4. Emberstone

throughout most of the episode I was like "I need to facebook status that 'Rachel Berry is ruining christmas!"

I am getting sick of the rachel train. good thing she is graduating this season, so hopefully, if they do a 4th season, we will either see less of her, or wherever she ends up, she gets knocked down a peg or two.

5. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha lol I thought she was crazy this episode. The whole episode I was thinking..."OMG I think I took LSD before turning on the tv. WTF is happening? Let it end." It was the weirdest episode ever lol. The new writers aren't very good at all.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like others have said, it was a Christmas episode, sorry :frowning2:. I respect Judaism, but in this case they just didn't do Hanukkah. Maybe next year. As for the Xmas video, you really do indeed need to at least have an idea of what they're like. Even an advertisement would work, no lie. The 70s (not 50s) Christmas specials are just like...hysterical corny silly specials. So what the special was, was exactly how they were in the 70's.

7. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I don't watch too much this show, I've only watch some episodes but no in order, and I was wondering if Mercedes had a notable evolution since the first season? I mean in the way she dresses, acts and their friendships

8. Tim

Tim

THIS is the type of promos FOX needs to make.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfIsvsHd4EA[/youtube]

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa that gave me goosebumps. That really is the promo they should be using <3

10. Dalmatian

The reason why I love the show :slight_smile:

11. No One

Wow... that was intense. Fox really should consider going that direction!

12. Markio

Regarding the whole snub on Judaism, I agree that the show ought to do an episode that actually centers around the Jewish holiday instead of just Christmas.

However, I think this episode was sort of an homage to the old Christmas programs by people like Andy Williams and the Osmonds. Those old programs were very much melodramatic like Glee's recent episode was, and I think this episode was meant to appeal to its older viewers. Plus, there are a lot more songs about Christmas for Glee to use.

I hope that next year they do an episode about Chanukah, yet I don't know what songs they'll be able to use besides "Dreidl Dreidl Dreidl" and Sandler's "Chanukah Song."

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would indeed appreciate if Glee did something next year for Chanukah and such. I mean while I'm not really very religious, I'm still a huge fan of respecting everyone and it's always Christmas Christmas Christmas on tv. I mean hell, you saw Rick Perry's ad! "it's not right that kids can't celebrate christmas but gays can serve in military" crap. So yeah.

14. ANightDude

They really need to stop the holiday themed episodes as a whole. Both Season 2 and Season 3 had horrid, filler episodes that did nothing for the plot.

15. closetedafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A Glee message thread? Yay! I love Glee! Haha :slight_smile:

16. CandyClouds

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    while i love glee for being supporters of so called outcasts, homosexuals being a part of that, it revolves around kurt and santana being homosexual too much for my taste. the series is merely based on that now and it was way funnier and much more interesting before focusing on their sexuality. first they kind of exploited kurt, but since he's rather happy now, out of the closet and proud with a boyfriend and all, they take on santana. what happens when that is solved too? i don't think season 4 is going to be too fun

17. Tim

Tim

10 more days til Glee is back. Figure it's time to get ya'll back in the Glee spirit. xD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDva0z9lVY[/youtube]

Sam and Mercedes don't actually sound that bad together, xD

Yes, Sugar apparently can sing after training with Shelby. xD She sings the "Like does he have a car" line, which also confirms for any deniers, that she is indeed in New Directions now.

There's a musical number with all of New Directions in the swimming pool... synchronized swimming. That should be interesting.

This episode airs on the 17th, btw. But no episode on the 24th, due to a State of the Union address, though there is one sceduled for the 31st.

Slight spoilers for the upcoming episodes stories: (at least rumored by credible sources xD)

The episode on the 31st is a Michael Jackson tribute episode.
    The episode on February 7th will feature Ricky Martin as a Spanish Teacher at McKinley. Gloria Estefan also premieres in this episode, as Santana's mom.

There is currently a casting call for Rachel's dads. Samuel from the Glee project's character is set to premiere on either the 31st, or the 7th. Nothing is known about his character yet, though it's rumored he'll play Puck's cousin.

#3157 Tim, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still mad at Finn/the writers for his treatment of Santana even though it's been a while. I don't think I'll ever like his character again or take any of his storylines to heart. I'm still shocked that the Glee writers think it was okay for someone to be outed and then not even say how wrong it is to out someone in any circumstance.

If I could ever meet the writers in person I would point out how ridiculous that is and then tell them what it's actually like to be outed in the real world. With real consequences for both the outer and the out-ee. And then point out the rampant sexism that's present within IKAG ep. Glee lost my respect because of the Mash-Off/I Kissed a Girl debacle. I hope they can gain my respect back in the upcoming episodes. If not, hopefully there will be other shows that take the coming out process in a more serious manner. Glee season 1 was golden. Glee season 2 was fun. Glee season 3 is not good so far (and is raging on offensive) other than Asian F. Don't let me down Glee, don't let me down. I don't want to hate Glee but I will if they don't fix the problems they have with the Santana storyline. And Finn storyline.

19. Bedroom Hymns

THE FUCK? Things like this one happen on Glee?!? :eek:

Anyway, I dislike the show in general. Its storyline and actors are mediocre, and their covers are total trash. I also quite dislike Rachel and Kurt.

20. MusicMan12

Can't wait to see Santana's interactions with her mom! :slight_smile: