1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New Direction's Sectionals Songs
    A little Quinn in this one:
    [YOUTUBE]lIMgutgz5sI[/YOUTUBE]

A whole lot of Tina:
    [YOUTUBE]VHqy0-mVvh8[/YOUTUBE]

Sam's in this one:
    [YOUTUBE]9jHSgkFKtig[/YOUTUBE]

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I have to disagree that she was completely open about it. She may have held Brittany's pinky in the halls last season but she never was explicit about dating. She asked Britt to hold her hand under a napkin and she never told anyone she was gay/dating a girl.

Everyone suspected they were dating but it was never confirmed to anyone else. Santana didn't say "Hey guys guess what? This is my girlfriend and by the way.. I'm gay!" She said in the previous season she didn't want people to talk behind her back and she had a really hard time with the shirt, etc. She never told anyone except Brittany and Karofsky. That isn't being open about it.

When Q was pregnant, I'm sure there were rumors about the pregnancy but she didn't confirm the rumors. That isn't being open about the situation, even if everyone suspected. New Directions had the decency to keep the season 1 pregnancy under wraps and didn't shout it in the hallway before it was confirmed by Quinn herself.

If someone knows you're gay but you haven't told them yet, it isn't okay for them to tell others or even approach you about it until you're ready.

There's a difference between people knowing through rumors and knowing through the person themselves.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2011 at 10:54 PM ----------

And really we never heard any of the New Directions implying Brittany and Santana were dating. Other than the Sapphic charm comment.

3. geordie94

4. Tim

Tim

Christmas songs are out, and all 4 Glee project contestants are involved in some of the songs... personally, my favorite is the alex/lindsay duet. Did not expect them to sound so fucking amazing together.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxK5F7ON7iw[/youtube]

Harmony's group will be singing Buenos Aires at Sectionals. Oddly, it's the only song not yet released.

5. Hot Pink

You saying it repeatedly doesn't make it true. She was firmly in the closet before this happened. As others have said, she didn't even want to be seen holding Brittany's hand. Just because everyone at the school suspected she was gay doesn't make her out.

6. Tim

Tim

That was at a restaurant, not at school.

You can choose to believe what you want, however, I will believe what I want, and I will defend my opinion.

Unless it's outright said in the show, it's all opinion. And to me, since Finn told her everyone already knew, I consider it as she was out. As I said before, it's like Kurt. He never came out to anyone but Mercedes. But he's out. You don't have to have a big "I'M GAY" outing to come out.

Santana's only issue was her family. She really didn't seem to care about the school. And we'll see why she had issues with it, STRICTLY BECAUSE OF FAMILY in the next episode.

7. Markio

I think this video best describes how "out" Santana is at McKinley:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNR9TaNr7eQ[/YOUTUBE]
    It appears that the other Glee kids know that she "fools around" with Brittany. Santana knows that they are at least aware of this much.

Outside of Glee Club, however? It's a lot more complicated. For example, in the following video Santana is careful about the words she uses in the hallway, eyeing a student (jock?) pass by as she says "feelings for you" to Brittany:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3Kw3p1zEM[/YOUTUBE]

The bottom line: she was not comfortably out to non-Glee students at McKinley.
    The rock bottom line: Does being verbally insulted justify verbally insulting another? Does not violence beget more violence? Can we not agree that both Santana and Finn behaved very poorly in the last episode?

8. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you. It's not okay to out her even if she was being verbally abusive. She never told the Glee club that she was gay (they found out through Brittany about their sexual history) and B/S never discussed with others their relationship status. And she said she is afraid of the consequences, of what people would say behind her back. She never said she wanted to be out. The Glee club is one thing, the rest of the school is another. She was probably not out to the Cheerios which would have been a harder feat to deal with.

In all fairness, I think they should have had more content to Kurt's coming out to the Glee club. It is kind of jumpy to have him come out to Mercedes and then randomly be out to everyone.

But yeah, I agree violence begets more violence. Poor Santana.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that was quite an episode. I'm really sad about Santana and her aunt (or is it her grandmother :S) As for Kurt, I feel bad but I almost think it might work out for him. And finally Rachel...she shouldn't have done what she did or at least definitely not to the amount she stuffed with lol. I wonder what's going to happen now with ND :S

10. sapphire

sapphire Guest

AMAZING!!! I feel horrible for Santana and the way things turned out with her grandmother, but the rest of the episode was great. Loved the music!

11. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't really like the episode other than the abuela part and some cute parts. They make it seem like it's easier for lesbians (Santana) than gay guys (Kurt) since they took his storyline much more seriously.

And I don't like how Finn is acting like a hero. And Puck and Quinn? Why can't the girls on the show feel better about themselves without a guy telling them to feel better? Idk I may be in a bad mood but the show is kind of sexist at times. Brittany, her girlfriend, could have been the one to cheer Santana up.

Finn= hero (always.) who didn't even get called out for outing someone. Ugh. Kurt= brave. Schue= teacher who always tries to do what is best.

Quinn= crazy. Santana= bitch. Brittany= "stupid". Rachel= selfish.

Idk... seems like Glee is obsessed with the male characters being heros. I'm starting to dislike the show.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM ----------

I was kind of offended by the episode.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2011 at 10:32 PM ----------

After breathing for a second lol, I will just say that Santana was sooooo beautiful in the gma scene. It was the best part of the episode. I loved that scene.

12. MusicMan12

LOVED the songs in this episode! My only complaint is that I wish we could have seen Santana's conversation with her parents...it just seems like that's a kind of important point in the coming out process that shouldn't be acknowledged in only one sentence.

13. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rachel dropping out of the election, then trying to cheat it for him, then taking the blame off of him is anything but selfish.

All the girls coming together to fight off a jerk-guy harassing Santana? Heroic and brave.

Mrs.C is basically a female clone of Mr.Shue so far.

Britney is one of the nicest people if not the nicest person on the show.

Seems to me that you're just ignoring half the things that glorify the female characters just so you can claim that the show only glorifies the male characters.

#3073 Lady Gaga, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. Emberstone

would have been a great dichotamy with her conversation with her grandmother.

15. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Beiste so much. <3

And am I the only one who has fallen in love with Sugar ever since she stopped having more than one line per episode? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Her background antics are charming.

16. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Santana's coming out scene tonight was the first scene on this show that's actually connected with me emotionally. I felt so bad for her and I can relate to her on a pretty deep level.

But I did wonder why in the next scene she acted perfectly fine. Something like that would have shaken me up pretty badly.

17. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

You're right, there are many good qualities to the female characters. I was just really mad that Glee brushed over Finn outing her and they treat him like a hero. It seems like a double standard because Mr. Schue kicked Santana out of the club for doing bad things but when Finn messes up he gets no real consequences.

I think the episode was good in parts but I don't think "I Kissed a Girl" is a good song choice for a girl who is love with another girl since it's actually a song about drunken making out. And I was really thrown off when Puck said it was just a phase.

The song choice was a bit offensive but I liked how some of the other scenes went. And I loved how the girls stood up for her.

18. dreamcatcher

^This. I really wish they would have showed her coming out to her parents. Even though it's been done before with Kurt, Santana is of a different culture and gay minorities and their storylines aren't portrayed often on tv (At least, I haven't see any on tv.) Also, I didn't like the scene with her abuela. I think it's because Santana just came out to her abuela without us ever seeing any previous interaction between her and Santana. It was very random... Finally, I wished they would have addressed Santana's bullying more and the problems with Finn outing someone. Overall, not really happy with the writing for this episode, just felt too rushed to me but I did enjoy Finn's 'girl's just wanna have fun song".

19. Emberstone

I agree. this episode felt inconsistant. We get these everyonce in a while, where they push through alot in a episode, and its muddys everything up.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing that really didn't surprise me was once again a rumour turned out false, one that I think Ryan even started. Remember he did say that Santana's parents' reactions were going to be the opposite of Kurt's but nope, turns out just her abuela. I mean clearly she's important to Santana which I think is great :slight_smile: but I dunno....I felt it's like wouldn't a parent's reaction mean more than a grandmother? No offence to those who say maybe live with their grandparents of course. But I dunno I just found it kinda :S