1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care for him either. Isn't that, like, a gay taboo or something?

2. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was really glad when they left Kurt out of the last episode. It seems like they've been focusing on him (even when he's not at their school anymore) just because they can.

I liked him as a character at first but now he's just gotten annoying to me.

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Personally, I love Kurt. I love him for the very fact that he is for lack of a better term, a stubborn bitch.

He is like Rachel, but with a penis. I love Rachel too. They're just so dramatic and they add pure drama to the story line.

Kurt brings in gay-drama, which we all need to survive. Rachel just brings in.."I hate her so much" drama. lol

May I say, (I don't know the actress's name) Rachel is not that pretty. I mean, she is but at the same time she has a very weird face. @__@

4. Tim

Tim

I liked Kurt, until the latter half of the first half of season two became "The Kurt Show".

5. flymetothemoon

I think Lea Michele (the actress who plays Rachel) is really pretty. Honestly, if I was going to have a celebrity get out of jail free card list, she would probably be near the top of mine (which is a little funny because she looks kinda like Idina Menzel, who would be at the top of my girlfriend's list), but that's just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion as far as what they like in looks and what they think is pretty.

6. Emberstone

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/02/20/Griffin_To_Play_Palin_Type_on_Glee/

7. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Ooh! I love Kathy Griffin! o3o

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wanting Kathy to be on the show for ages.

9. Markio

Even though I said I like Kurt, I sort of agree with this too. I like that the character of Kurt is used to portray issues surrounding coming out, anti-gay bullying and the emotional maturing of a gay teen. That's why I like when he's in an episode.

The wedding episode seemed like a whole lot of Kurt, though. I didn't like how they had his storline overshadow the wedding itself. And now that he's left McKinley, it's been annoying how they'll feature like one scene at the Dalton Academy for the sake of having him appear in the episode. That's why I really liked when the Warblers and New Directions crossed paths at Breadsticks. We got to see the two groups interact, we saw Kurt act more mature when he talked frankly with Blaine, and he actually had something to contribute to the Warblers' meeting about singing off campus.

That being said, I'd like Kurt a lot more if he was back with New Directions already. It looks like there's some juicy action in the next episode.:thumbsup:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Frankly they have to do Kurt at the Warblers because he's a series regular. If he was just a recurring, then they wouldn't have to feature him all the time.

11. Zach1992

Just because someone is a regular doesn't mean they need to be in every episode. I mean look at 'Law and Order: SVU' BD Wong, Tamara Tunie, & Richard Belzer are all series regulars, but are only in about 15 episodes a season out of 22.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tina's a series regular, yet they shaft her every time they dole out song solos.

13. Idonteven

I avoided watching Glee for ages. I didn't think it would be my thing but I watched a few episodes earlier and I'm a convert. I kind of really love it.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Point taken but he's also the only gay series regular in the series. A series regular who is gay kinda has to be in every episode. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just like having Rachel and Finn in every episode.

15. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like what they do with Kurt, but I want other people's stories. All anybody knows about Tina, Artie, and Mercedes is their race and dress style, disabilities and wishful dreams, and diva attitude and favorite food, respectively. Besides other minutae, we know really very little when compared to other characters who weren't even the first episode.
    I want to know about their families, too!

And they aren't even my favorite characters...
    I know that they want to keep their gay viewers, but at what cost?

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You wanna know why they don't focus on them? Because they don't have the characteristics they want to feature on. Every show like Glee has a diva, every show has the awkward off-beat character. Frankly each character, while not getting several episodes has had an episode aside from Tina...Artie had Wheels, Mercedes has had several times, such as Home was like an entire episode devoted to Mercedes feeling bad about herself and he weight.

Anyway...you guys need to understand, this is a tv show, and they can't always focus on tons of characters. And the reason they're focusing on Kurt? Because he's one of the only gay main characters on a tv series, we haven't had one since Marco & Riley on Degrassi, and Riley is barely big compared to Marco was. So yeah, we need to have Kurt in the forefront to help other gay kids.

One thing I find funny is many people are calling tonight's episode "too far", Entertainment Tonight for example. But frankly, if they call this "too far" then what the HELL are they going to say about the suicide episode I wonder...

17. Markio

It seems like each season has one major plotline that is resolved by the end of the season. Season 1 focused on Quinn and her pregnancy. Season 2 seems to focus on Kurt and bullying. While these are not the sole focuses of each episode or season by any means, I think that Season 2 is Kurt's time to shine: by the season finale his character's conflicts will resolve and by Season 3 we may get episodes that illustrate the trials of another character. Regardless of a season's focus, Mr. Schu and Finn and Rachel seem to be the main(est) characters of nearly every episode because of their position in the glee club.

Kathy Griffin, finally.

18. Emberstone

honestly, I hear alot of people complain on the internet about tina not getting more character time... but jenna also happens to be one of the weaker singers. she has a fairly average voice.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a hilarious episode.

20. Tim

Tim

To you maybe.

She's a better singer than both Amber and Lea in my opinion.