1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masturbation: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fiender, Sep 8, 2009.

1. KaraBulut

To be honest, while there is a drop off in libido ("horniness") as you get older, a lot of the reason that guys tend to masturbate less as they get older is because they don't have as much time anymore.

Boredom seems to be a big motivator when it comes to masturbation. The challenge when you're older is not boredom- it's trying to find the time to have sex- whether by yourself or with your partner.

2. Bookmarked

As the brilliant and cutting Mark Simpson said:

Boyhood is the time when you masturbate four times a day, despite your best efforts to curb your habit; adulthood is when you masturbate only once a fortnight, despite your best efforts to do it more often.

3. kyvoice

kyvoice Guest

I can definitely say that as a teen boredom leads to masturbation...However, I also make time if necessary...lol. For me, masturbation occurs at least once a day and if that's unhealthy so be it. It sure is fun while it lasts.

4. 71390S

71390S Guest

Omg - love it.

5. Just Adam

dammit im a child ! :frowning2:

6. Camman3

Please, please don't use a soap as a lubricant. Soap is an alkali that literally "eats" at the skin (which is why it feels the way it does on your body and is so effective at cleaning dirt away). Try and buy yourself a proper lubricant created for the purpose of sexual fulfilment, such as KY Jelly.

7. JoeG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    KK, that is quiet funny, and no it shouldn' be that u put stuff off to masturbate.
    that sciencey statistics crap is bollucks, muasturbate as much as you wnt, jus be carefull u don't hurt too much.
    and my theroy is that if u do it tooo much then u have to strain harder and thats when it starts to, hurt. (In english it's like getting a high for the fist time,, u use a bit of crack or wot everm, next time u wnt that high u have to use more crack,). or when ive been on my phone internet, and im awake searchin for tooo long it hurts after, but seriously, jus chill.
    x

8. fallendream

wha?
    no really, that confused me rather alot.

can you explain it?

9. Eccentric

don't listen to those statistics puttin you down. Just keep jacking off, but you should probably stop when it gets all red and raw ok? I think that if you do it way to much, you get less sensitive so you have to masturbate harder/more (kinda like how you have to keep taking more and more drugs to keep getting get high) so yeah, don't go crazy overboard
    et voila

And for my opinion: if you're jacking off so much that you have to post a thread and ask, then yes. It's too much. (For you at least.)

10. fallendream

ah, thanks.

the phone internet bit confused me.

11. JoeG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    never mind and Eccentric, makes a valid, point, i only looked at the thread cos, it was in my opinion, a funny qu but i surppose each to his own.

12. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    if it helps, sue, from sex with sue, says that people who have sex 6 or more times a day, are sexaholics. so if you masturbate daily about 6 or more times a day, it's too much. (honestly, masturbation wise, I have problems with over 4 times)

13. RaRa

I skip a day every now and then. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing it. :/

14. Astaroth

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet that is another sign of over-masturbation is thrombosis of the dorsal veins under the penis. Basically, there is a very interwoven/tangled net of capillaries and veins around and under the frenulum (that connective tissue under the glans) that can become engorged with blood when stimulated too often or for too long. A vast majority of the time you'll never encounter this, but if you keep yourself aroused for long periods of time or frequently in a short period of time, you can cause these veins to become inflamed, which will make them bulge out and feel like a knot of some sort. While it's not particularly dangerous or anything, it will be annoying and basically act as a deterrent to further sexual activity until the inflammation fades (usually within a few minutes to a few hours).

Interestingly enough, this can also happen during long periods of being seated without moving or getting up. In such cases, however, the inflammation is usually onset by a blockage in this area and the inflammation can persist for anywhere up to three weeks.

The thrombosis will basically just feel sensitive to pressure or movement (you're basically pushing around veins), so it will make masturbation or sex in general not worth it unless you can find a way to avoid touching that area.

Just thought I'd throw that in as a symptom of over-masturbation as well.

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Months after I posted this, I realize now that I spelled it wrong. I meant, never trust anything you hear from people trying to SELL you something.

Aveno body wash isn't a soap. I don't know what it's base is, but I've never had a problem with using it. I suppose I should have been more specific.