A topic of discussion for bisexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

personally i cant see my self getting married to anyone. i dont really "get" the whole marriage thing. isn't it enough to simply stay together? i mean like, if i was in love with someone, i'd like to think i'd feel comfortable enough to not need a law to keep us together. seeing as so many marriages end in divorce anyways...

2. girllove

i completely agree. my problem is that i don't know what i am. Finding my identity is what's the problem. i think i'm bi, but i'm just not sure and i'm scared of the possibilities. mostly rejection is my fear. i mean i know i'm attracted to some girls and i catch myself checking them out or constantly giving them hugs or even being with them. i can't help it, but i don't know if i really am attracted to them sexually. i just want someone who will love me the way i do

3. Calli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah for me it's pretty much the same. I doon't have to be married to the person to be with them for the rest of my life. Altough I have no idea if it will be a girl or a guy. Wright now I might say a girl do. But I am sure of something is that when I found the wright person I won't need an "open relationship". Personnaly I don't like to plan my entire future ahead but I would realy like to find a partner to spend the rest of my life with. Right now I'm steel looking.:rolleyes:

4. Beachboi92

if i love someone i will settle down with them, attractions for more than one sex is no reason to be unfaithful or participate in more promiscuity acts than a straight or gay person who is in love with someone. I myself very much see myself settling down with a guy as i find more men attractive than women and in most cases more attractive.

Basically just think about it as if sex of the person doesn't matter. It is the same for a bisexual person as it would be for a straight or homosexual person. You got to think as if men and women are interchangeable and equal. Try to disregard gender and just say people. Instead of a bi person sees a more attractive women to him than his current boyfriend is it should be more like a person sees a more attractive person than who they are currently with. If that makes sense.... xD

5. GhostDog

Well, there are certain benefits that go with marriage, even if you don't buy into the whole "joined in the eyes of <diety>" thing!

Personally, I have days where I go from feeling like I'm bisexual, to feeling like I'm flat-out gay, so I suppose I will likely end up with a woman. They're just the ones I notice more often! However, I keep thinking back to when I fell head-over-heels for a man, and his personality was by far more important to me than his gender. It wasn't to be, sadly, but had circumstances been different, I would've jumped at the chance to marry him.

That didn't mean I was suddenly noticing more guys out on campus or anything. I was still mostly eyeing the ladies! But at the time, nobody made me happier than he did. I would still be salivating over my long list of hawt female celebrities, mind, but I would have been okay with not being with another woman because he was just that awesome.

... Stupid ten-year age difference. If he had been 20...! But man, being with someone 10 years older than me would've been weird, anyway. =/

Anyway! Yeah, I'm of the opinion that dealing with the "But what if I was with someone else?" question isn't exclusive to bisexuals. (Though since you are dealing with two different genders to choose from, it may be a weightier question.) But I would think reconciling it is much the same; deciding the person you're with is the only person you wanna be with, even though there are a lot of attractive options out there.

If I settled down with a man, I know he'd have to be pretty freakin' fantastic to catch my eye in the first place. So I think his awesomeness would outweigh the fact that I usually prefer the ladies. Yeah, I'd probably still fantasize about women, but I think everyone fantasizes. Just because you're watching a movie with a hot actor/actress, and you imagine what that'd be like, doesn't mean you love the person you came to the movies with any less. =P (Unless it's because you're just not feeling satisfied, in which case, I think there might be issues unrelated to your partner's gender. I don't know though, I don't have extensive relationship experience.)

Loving someone that much is enough, all the rest feels like small stuff in comparison.

6. biisme

If I fall in love with a girl, I will marry her.

If I fall in love with a guy, I will marry him.

I will still be biseuxal.