Blondes = Dumb? Steriotype still works

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jack2009, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you see an blonde guy do you feel that they are dumber (or you're dumbing down yourself) than an dark hair guy?

this
    Blonde

versus
    this

I kept it the same guy, so only the hair plays the role. Be honest, because I want to know if this still applies for guys.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well.. the first guy looks less intelligent but the second is better looking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Lychee

I agree, Jess McCartney looks smarter in the second picture. But that might be due to his facial expression or something.

4. Camman3

Being blonde myself and having an unusual "disability" that I find blonde guys so much hotter than other hear colours, he looks better to me in the first picture... But that's just me...

I don't find that blonde people come across as "dumber", but I do find that you can see when someone is really stupid (like having a "dumbdar" is similar to a gaydar) and they unfortunately tend to be blonde more often than not.... but some are dark-haired, too.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's the hair color, really.

First picture, he has a really fussy, cute-emo-boy hairstyle, complete with dyejob. He's wearing trendier clothing, and he's got the look-up "you-mean-li'l'-ole-ME?" look on his face.

Second picture, he's got a quicker, simpler hairstyle. He's wearing much plainer clothes, and it appears to be a candid shot rather than a posed one. As such, he looks far more "real" (and, to my eyes, interesting) in that photo.

Lex

6. rainemc

No I don't think this applies to guys and with girls it's not the blond hair it's the preppy style and "I'm better than you" attitude that sometimes go with blond hair that makes her seem dumb. I do prefer blond hair on guys though.

7. Greggers

A good rule of thumb is most people who dye their hair platinum / very light blonde are in fact quite retarded.

Ive never found natural blonde people to be dumb or stupid compared to any other hair color.

8. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    it's not really just by the photo that you can tell someone is "smart" more so whatever they were talking about, and even then, that doesn't translate to how smart they actually are.

I don't believe that blondes are "more stupid".

9. djt820

Are you blonde, OP?
    Stereo*

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

But I dye my hair blonde! It just looks better. I look depressed and tired with brown hair.
    And one of my good friends has her hair platinum blonde. It makes her look like an angel and she's adorable.

Also, what about William the Bloody? Surely, you wouldn't think of Blondie Bear as stupid.
    Stereotypes. They never work.

11. Tim

Tim

My hair is the really dark blond. I enjoy it. I can blame idiocy on blond moments. Trust me, I do it all the time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And no, I find both pics of Jesse McCartney to say the same thing. TBH.

12. Greggers

Every rule has exceptions :slight_smile: I should have added in * with a thick fake-and-bake tan, to be more specific.

13. littledinosaurs

I think his haircut with the brunette hair sucks and he looks like a fool in the picture.
    But he doesn't look smarter in the other.

14. I think he looks dumber in the second picture, but that's because of his expression, not his hair. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. KittyBoy

I have a natural light blonde hair colour, so I may be a bit biased. But in my case and with all my cousins, as they are light blonde too, the stereotpye does not apply...

16. mattypants

i never liked how hair color can = dumb to some people :dry: no sense does it make

anywho...color wise, i guess he looks better brunette, but im biased cause i think blonds look tacky :confused:
    i like me some brown hair! :grin:

17. olides84

Haha, first thing I wondered as well :grin:

18. jotheoneandonly

well, i'm a natural dishwatery blonde, and i get perfectly acceptable grades, i'm just good at being stupid and falling off things and laughing at stuff that isn't funny ect. yeah, i think the steriotype applys in my case.
    love yall

19. fallendream

obvious troll is obvious?
    why the fook would hair colour make someone be dumb? if i dye my hair black does it make me like richard hawkins? if i doint brush my hair for 72 years am i like einstein? so why would you assume a blonde (or blonde wannabee) would be any different from 'normal' people. i think you may have found the wrong forum to ask about stereotypes, perhaps you can go to retardedpeoplewhoknownothingaboutmebutthinktheydocosimblondeandapparentlyallblondepeoplearedumb.com

tl;dr: OP, feel the BURN!