1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever get gay-bashed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mitchell, Aug 28, 2009.

1. melissalouise

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had a few people like anonomously comment me with stuff like Dyke and stuff, and some people who hated me anyway saying that kind of stuff, but I'm like 6ft so if anyone started on me I wouldn't be worried about defending myself. :slight_smile:
    Also if anyone picks on my friend David for it I get quite like angry upset, its not right its not cool and if people are going to try it then they are going to get me in their face :slight_smile:

2. JakeBHT

Every week i have to tell this guy called chris why i am bi and why I like wearing skirts put on make-up and all the other stuff. He tries to use it so negatively, so violently. The way round it is to pre-construct long complicated sentences or explanations of common questions, use them to baffle the stupid chav until it gets bored! It actually works, honestly!

Love, Pixie-dust and fairies,
    and of course Boom Shanka
    Eloise Layla Bonham!

3. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i cant stand men in girls clothes either.

the reason is : im used to seeing men in mens clothes and women in womens clothes
    and it appeals me. well

TO BE HONEST: i just DONT like womens clothes. i prefer mens clothes overall

4. Markio

I've been present when people had bad things to say about homosexuality. Not directed at me, but still...

And my mom always has negative things to say, like "I can't stand the way gay people sound," or "Are you gay? Because I don't want you to be." I haven't told anyone in my family, so she doesn't know either.

5. Mr Bojangles

I've had the usual abuse, been beaten up one one occasion, bottled on another.

6. melissalouise

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh god thats horrible, where do you live. I think its sooo soo stupid how people are so close minded even in todays times, I mean if you said something racist like its considered widely offensive but people have no problems with Gaybashing. I really hate it. Make me want to punch stuff.

7. Possibly Maybe

I haven't been beaten up, but have very close friends come up with phrases that hurt just the same. A few months very shortly of coming out to my room-mate, i was casualy talking about a guy we knew and i said that maybe he was bi. She was all offended and told me "You shouldn't impose your views on other people!". The same friend and another friend of mine have the bad habit of refering to me as 'pervert'. I hate it, it makes me feel like dirt and unloved, but they still do it.

I've also been a victim of racism at a Post Office once. And was discriminated against for the way I dressed myself, these two occasions were a few years ago.

8. Possibly Maybe

This reminds me of someone I know. When harrassed on his appearence he commented to the other person "I'm more of a man you'll ever be, and more of a woman you'll ever get". :thumbsup:

9. Mr Bojangles

I got beat up here in Dubai (by a friend of a friend, strangely. Alcohol does odd things.), but the bottling was in Scotland by some Draftpak Jakey.

10. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

Ive never dealt with homphobia myself, just a little bit but people go away eventually and so it never does happen, alot of people know me sooo. This one time though I had the biggest crush on this guy and i wrote him poem to which i then gave to him then as i was the only suspect to this poem i was sought after and turn out his friends were jocks, and i wasnt in for a good day, i was to be beaten that day but thanks to my friend they stopped it with a lie about the poem being a mistake of them tricking me, the whole senior class was after me, and i freaked out so bad

11. Mickey

OMG,Yes! I had to quit high school,it got so bad. Of course,this was in 1978,but it was really bad.

12. tokwa

All the time, I'm kinda used to it now, lol.

13. melissalouise

Out Status:
    A few people
    This makes me glad for my own experiences. Sad though.

14. Pasalacqua

The worst I've had is, a guy I had class with stopped talking to me when he found out.

Had a rather funny misunderstanding last year. In class, my friend sat next to me, I had met him in that class that year so we didn't know each other that well, but he did know I'm a lesbian and the one day, the teacher was bitching at him for talking loudly, and I was talking to the person in front of me, and he says, under his breath, "Shut the fuck up, stupid fucking dyke."
    I was so pissed, I thought he was talking to me. I didn't say anything. A friend of mine later said something to him and he rushed into class the next day and was like "Oh my god. We need to talk."
    He wasn't referring to me, but the teacher. It still pissed me off, and I told him that, but he watched his mouth that rest of the year.

15. jazzrawr

Nope, not yet.

I haven't even had any insults thrown my way yet. People at school don't because I have such a big, tight group of friends and anyone who bashed me would be severely punished. XD

But nobody I've told has even had a problem with it.

I suppose it's just a matter of time. Won't bother me though, I really don't care.

16. Alex19

not me. of course, ill fuck bitches up :slight_smile:

17. RainInAfrica

'Gay bashes gay basher outside gay bash' I love the film 'Chuck and Larry'

But no, i've never really been gay bashed.

18. Just Adam

still no gay bashing yet... i know i will at some point, but its the sort of thing i an go meh at.

19. PJ James

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    all the time in school and thankfully not once since, hopefully I can keep that record for a while longer

20. pirateninja

I've been beaten up before, threatened with a knife and been chased down the street while having stones thrown at me. Luckily I was never seriously hurt during these times, couple bruises, nothing else.

As for the verbal stuff, I get "Dyke" and "Lesbo" when just walking around and I've had "You'll burn in hell" from some Christian "friends" and Street preachers.