1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by matty123, Aug 1, 2009.

1. SshhhSTFU

I'm all for gay adoption :slight_smile:
    I'm adopted and I'm gay. I personally don't see why you should be denied the right to take care of a needy child.

2. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    this is my plan too... I'd want at least one blood child.

3. twixy30

i would like to have a child of my own just cuz i want to go thought the birthing process but i have been one that has said i would love to adopt children too cuz there are so many out there that want to be loved too and as a gay woman i got all the love in the world to share so im sure i will be one to do that.

4. Rygirl

I'm deffinately going to want children in the future, although I'm not to keen on the whole labour idea, whether I decide to settle down with a man or a woman I'm deffinately going to adopt.

5. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

not sure about kids, myself. I really find them annoying in the extreme... I have three nephews and although i do love them a lot i don't know if i could deal with them 24/7! Some people, like most of my straight mates, find it easier to interact with children, i'm not one of them.

But i guess it would depend on the guy i settle down with, if he wanted kids then adoption would be the way forward.

6. Chaos

I never want children. I just couldn't raise them.

7. Gumtree

Kids aren't for for me. Perhaps one day in the very distant future I might change my mind but ATM, it just isn't happening.

If I were to have children I would prefer adoption.

8. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure... given all the complications of being gay and everything. Though I'd name my baby girl 'Irene' and my baby boy 'Jerome' or 'Vincent'. I just like sound of those names.

9. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vincent is a kick ass name!
    I'm set on Kaleb for a boy but for a girl I can't decide between Alecia, Molly or October. Maybes Alecia though.

10. ok455

I don't want any kids i don't have the patients for them especially babies waking up 10 times a night changing diapers etc. I rather have animals

11. GoBabyGoGo

gosh... i dont know. If i was in a really strong relationship with someone who wanted kids, i guess id say yes. And i do favor the surrogate mother idea... theres just something about being genetically related...

but i guess that wouldnt be until at least mid/late 30s. Its a lot of responsibility to raise a child, and if i did, id definatly have two. I really wish that i wasnt an only child. Maybe one genetically from me, and one from my partner.. damn, it seems like such a fairytale thinking about it now. If it happens, it happens, but its not my life goal or anything.

12. thevre

I really don't know either. Kids can really annoy me sometimes, and I'd be mortified about screwing one up. Meh, if they just popped out at the ripe age of 15 I'd be good. Anyway, if I decide to settle down ever with someone who really wants a kid, I'd agree, but otherwise, I'll just always be "meh."

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I guess I am in the minority here, so I feel the need to voice my opinion.

I hate children. They are loud, selfish, greedy, stupid, rude, inconsiderate, and unreasonable, everything I hate in other people. The fact that they are smaller than a normal person does not change my perception of them at all. I have only found a child "cute" once in my life, and it's when two little girls were playing (quietly, mind you) in a chair at an elementary school graduation I attended recently. There was a lot of compassion and sisterly love in it, so I was actually driven to smile. That was the only time, mind you, in eighteen years that has happened. I can't stand children for all of the reasons above, and thus could never imagine being around one 24/7.

Back to the matter at hand, I could never have a child because I wouldn't be able to handle all of the responsibility and annoyances. I'd want a break after the first week, and that isn't part of the contract. A dog I could deal with, because they give back unconditional love, but children do not. I could definitely see myself being a good uncle. My Peter Pan complex will definitely help me there. I'd be able to channel my unused paternal instincts toward them, and then send them off when they begin to annoy me. That is, of course, assuming that my sister will have children. She does plan to, I think, so it is a possibility.

Also, many of the most awesome people in my life (excluding my parents, obviously) are childless. Maybe it's because they channel their unused paternal/maternal instincts to me, but they tend to be cooler, wiser, and more enjoyable to be around than the adults I know who have children. If having children does that to you, I want no part of it.

That said, I have considered what I would name my children if I ever had any. I used to joke about how I would give them names of the opposite gender and race. A white boy named Sheniqua, a black girl named Blake, a Chinese boy name Consuela, you get the idea. When I thought about it more seriously, I decided on Dante for a boy and Scout for a girl. Dante because the Divine Comedy is an amazing work and Dante is an amazing name, and Scout because of To Kill a Mockingbird. Any girl with a name like that is not going to grow up being uncool.

14. HalfInsane

Truthfully, I have no idea if I want children or not. Some days I like the idea, others the thought makes me cringe. If I were to decide to have children, however, I think I'd go the adoption route. Artificial insemination has always been an unappealing idea to me, and there are just so many children without parents for me to feel the need to create yet more.

15. GhostDog

I totally want kids. I mean, I'd have to, say, be in a stable relationship, and have gotten most of my "Me Time" out of the way first. I'm still way too into figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life, before I decide to be responsible for other lives.

I'd love to have babies, though having dealt with various annoyances my genetics passed down to me, I'd have to think hard about it. My mom has Crohn's, and while I hope I dodged that bullet, it does have an increased risk when you're talking about families. That's not something I'd want passed down. My mom's side of the family basically has a bunch of health problems, and I don't want to continue that pattern. I guess it depends on if I ended up with any of those problems personally, I don't know.

Based on that, and just knowing how hard it is for (especially older) children to be placed with families, it may be that the utter PITA process to adopt kids is the way to go. =D But, again, stable relationship and source of income first. I'd have to talk about it with whoever I end up with, anyway. =P

16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I'm adopted, and being very happy about this gives me an advantage over many people I think, in that to me, adoption seems like a perfectly normal way to form a family.

I would like to foster and/or adopt and/or have biological children.

17. Beachboi92

i read this story about a gay couple that adopted and i almost cried :slight_smile: it was so amazing. They talked about how great it was to have a child, it was so sweet. Especially when he talked about the kid scraping his knee and coming over looking for a hug <3 it was so amazing. At first i thought i would only want a kid that was biologically related but after reading that the idea of adoption seems so amazing as well.

18. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Was that this article? If it was, I agree - it was really nice! I wish them well!

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article6790504.ece

19. Gurds101

One of the hardest things about this whole coming out process for me, is he kid issue. I have dreamed about being involved in a heterosexual relationship and strolling through the park with out baby. It's the one thing that's holding me back from saying I am a lesbian. I want children so bad, but am so afraid of all the details. I feel as though life would be so hard for them. People can be cruel.....