1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Does a person's sexual orientation have an influence on your dating them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Camman3, Jul 16, 2009.

?

Does a persons sexual orientation influence your decision to date them?

1. Yes, I only date people attracted to the same sex

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Yes, I only date people attracted to the opposite sex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I only date people attracted to both sexes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I would date anyone. It depends more on the person than their sexual orientation

47 vote(s)
    73.4%
  5. A different option

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. rocking23

Hmmm well seeing as I'm gay.... im probably not going to date a straight guy or a gay girl......

and if im gunna date a bi guy i just wanna know hes not gunna stray to a girl or a guy same with if im dating another gay guy i dont want him straying to another gay guy

2. Camman3

I only realised a few minutes earlier how stupid and closed-minded I was to think the way I did when I posted this.

Of COURSE it doesn't matter whether the person's bisexual or gay or straight! It matters on how the person is, and how they control themselves. I know bisexual people aren't all promiscuous etc. I feel really stupid about what I said! It is completely out of my usual character. Sure, like "No One" said, I worry a little bit, but if I was pursued and he ensured me of his trust, I would have no trouble dating him.

Sorry for the temporary (insane) biphobia!

3. Absentminded

Sexual orientation doesn't matter too much to me, since I've only dated bi girls, but at this point, if I were to date another bi girl, I'd rather her have more of a preference for women than men, only because of past experiences, if that makes sense. I'd also them be the type that doesn't have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend.

4. Janvier

I prefer staying single.

5. JakeBHT

I would have problems going out with people likely to leave me for anyone so i guess that I would pick someone with a "one way" orientation either completely gay or straight but nothing wrong with us bisexuals but the chance of being hurt is less when the partner only likes half the population!

6. if i had a dime

For me i have to really click with them before i want to start something with them. So in the end if i find someone who cares about me and loves me i wouldnt care if the peson was a boy or a girl. I would just be happy to have someone who loves me for who I am. plain and simple. :slight_smile:

7. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well, i am bi, so any girl/guy is welcome. however, i've had bad experiences with guys so far, and have never had a girlfriend, so at the moment i'm more likely to date a girl.

8. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, well it would be hard for me to date a straight male now would it? So yes, sexual orientation does have an influence on who I date. ;P

9. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think its unfair to purposefully not date someone just because they are bi. just because we like both sexes doesn't mean that while we're dating one we're constantly being tempted by the other... we can be faithful!!!

10. Lychee

I highly doubt I will date anyone who is only attracted to the same sex..
    But never say never :slight_smile: