1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am worried about my choice of condoms - concern of damaging lacerations!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Camman3, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Camman3

I have heard stories about certain condoms causing microscopic lacerations inside the "bum" where the penis goes during Anal Sex. :eek:

I just wanted to know if anyone has any good suggestions of "healthy", proper condoms that me and my boyfriend can use... I am particularly concerned because he is a bit more of a top and I am a bit more of a bottom (we're both versatile, but I will be on the bottom more) and I want our first time to be really enjoyable. Don't worry about other sex advice - I think I've got that down to a T, but thanks for thinking it :slight_smile:

We're both 17 and over the age of consent (16 years old) in South Africa.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

2. Janvier

You should be fine with any (major) brand of condoms.
    I stay away from Manix because it broke when I used one.

3. KaraBulut

General guidelines-

1. Don't use "thin" or "sheer" or "lite" condoms for anal.
    2. Even if the condom says "lubricated", plan on using LOTS more lube. The prelubed condoms are never lubed enough for anal.
    3. Don't use ribbed or "pleasure for her" condoms. You want the smooth ones.
    4. Try to use latex condoms unless you are allergic to latex. The alternative is polyurethane condoms which work but aren't as form-fitting as the latex variety. Don't use the lambskin condoms- they're not safe for anal.
    5. You may have to experiment with different brands to find the best fit. There are "sampler packs" that you can buy that will have different brands.

Thanks for clarifying your age but it's not our job to judge here. We provide the same advice regardless of your age and we want you to practice safer sex always.

Have fun. Be safe.

4. Camman3

Wow, thanks so much for this info! I will be careful. I will also be on a mision to find this "sampler" pack now. Thanks again.

5. KaraBulut

In the US, sampler packs can be purchased online from internet suppliers like Condomania. In larger cities, there are small condom shops that sell them. Some public health clinics will give away different brands and in the US, Planned Parenthood also provides them.